Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best under-eye depuffer?

Hi all! :wave:

Hoping you can help. Looking for an under eye de-puffer, bag reduction.. luggage and otherwise.

I've had them for sooo long, its not a question of too much sleep or not enough - and I still don't know how to rock it with concealer enough.

I've had some luck with the Benefit product (depuffing action eye gel) but its quite expensive. Have been trying the Garnier Caffeine roll on but not convinced just yet.

Any suggestions?
    pop*couture

The best thing I've found for puffy eyes is simply a spoon put into the fridge for a little while and then rested against your eyes. I've not found a cream that helps reduce puffiness, but as far as favourite eye creams go, This Works Tired Eye Serum is my favourite!
    { the belle lumiere }

Comment

Originally posted by bellelumiere View Post
      The best thing I've found for puffy eyes is simply a spoon put into the fridge for a little while and then rested against your eyes. I've not found a cream that helps reduce puffiness, but as far as favourite eye creams go, This Works Tired Eye Serum is my favourite!
      Really?! Wow, I'll try the spoon thing!

I'll look up the Tired Eye serum.. As always, Belle - you are brilliant.
      pop*couture

Comment

Skin Doctors has a range of eye creams: Eye Tuck and Eye Circle are a couple I remember. You can get them in pharmacies and people who use Skin Doctors usually rave about it.
        I'm a big fan of the cool teaspoon, but I also use Nivea Aqua Sensations eye gel and keep that in the fridge too.

Comment

I have done the spoon thing too!

my friend swears by the MAC eye cream - i'm not sure what it's called, but she says she notices a visible reduction in puffiness.

Comment

I can't believe how popular the cold spoon is - sounds like a great old wives' tale! Will have to give that a go. And yes I heard about the MAC product too... ah. Will save some cash on a rainy day to buy a few at once to road test. The Great DePuffing Experiment 2010 :P
            pop*couture

Comment

Bel, i love that profile picture!

Yep the spoon thing is definitely the G. O. And cold cucumbers. You can also use cold tea or chamomile tea bags (the tannic acid will reduce swelling), and cotton pads soaked in cold milk.
              Oh and i have also hear of people applying haemorrhoid cream....!

Comment

Similar to the cold spoon, my BF used to model and apparently ice swiped under the eyes really depuffs and refreshes the area. I have to say I have done this and it is very effective. I may get flamed for this as ice probably shouldn't be used on the face, but it does work. Have never found an eye cream that helps in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by missgiggly View Post
                  Hi all! :wave:

Hoping you can help. Looking for an under eye de-puffer, bag reduction.. luggage and otherwise.

I've had them for sooo long, its not a question of too much sleep or not enough - and I still don't know how to rock it with concealer enough.

I've had some luck with the Benefit product (depuffing action eye gel) but its quite expensive. Have been trying the Garnier Caffeine roll on but not convinced just yet.

Any suggestions?
                  Fridge-cooled Ole Henrikson Ultimate Eye Gel
                  By being yourself you are putting something in the world that was not there before

Comment

Originally posted by taradog View Post
                    Similar to the cold spoon, my BF used to model and apparently ice swiped under the eyes really depuffs and refreshes the area. I have to say I have done this and it is very effective. I may get flamed for this as ice probably shouldn't be used on the face, but it does work. Have never found an eye cream that helps in this regard.
                    Thanks so much for this - will try the spoon, and a bit of ice.. maybe cucumbers.. Haha! This thread has given me a lot to try out!
                    pop*couture

Comment

Hi everyone!

Well, first thing I'm trying (with pretty good results!) is the Avon Advanced Eye Perfector with Peptides - (it was a bargain at $7) and immediately I felt like my puffy eyes had reduced. So let's see how I go after a few days.. I'm excited!
                      pop*couture

Comment

Originally posted by spicypinksugar View Post
                        Oh and i have also hear of people applying haemorrhoid cream....!
                        RE the haemorrhoid cream: about two or three years ago, Today Tonight or something similar ran a program on it and our pharmacy was FLOODED with people suddenly buying this cream. Of course we have to ask all the usual questions and when we found out what they were using it for we were all "UM, NOOOOO!"
                        There was an active ingredient used in haemorrhoid cream for a while (I can't recall the name right now), which is still sometimes used in the States, that was the depuffing/debagging agent people raved about. HOWEVER, in the last however many years that ingredient has been REMOVED from the creams and REPLACED with something else that doesn't have the depuffing benefits.
                        I know this all sounds very untechnical and unbelieveable as I don't have the chemical names to back it up, but it was a while ago and that was all we needed to know to tell customers.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Garnier eye thing with the metal roller ball? It has caffine to reduce puffiness. Thought this might be good one to keep in the fridge.
                          Anyone tried?
                          The Hunter Gatherers blog

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Any thoughts on the Garnier eye thing with the metal roller ball? It has caffine to reduce puffiness. Thought this might be good one to keep in the fridge.
                            Anyone tried?
                            I have this one at the moment. Though I don't actually suffer from puffy eyes so I can't gauge that side of things. I does feel lovely and cooling though and I love the rollerball action it is kind of like a mini massage under my eyes! It's the top selling eye product in Australia so I had to try it!

I'm keen to try the tinted version too.

Comment

What! There is tinted??? Please explain.
                              The Hunter Gatherers blog

Comment

Working...
                              X