A Purple Shampoo For Every Blonde's Budget

A Purple Shampoo For Every Blonde's Budget
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/a-purple-shampoo-for-every-blondes-budget/

If you thought finding a colourist to achieve ‘the perfect blonde’ was hard, try finding your perfect purple shampoo - it involves just as much trial and error.

You want a formula that can: tone your hair without turning it too silver, remove brassy tones, keep your blonde looking fresh and maintain the health of you hair. That’s a lot to ask from a single shampoo, but it’s totally possible.

Why Should I Use A Purple Shampoo?

Purple shampoos are designed for blonde, silver and grey hair to remove brassiness and warm tones from the hair. These shampoos contain toning agents which restore more of an ashy finish to the hair, for a 'freshly coloured' finish. It's a great solution for refreshing your colour between salon visits, and maintaining a cool blonde.  

Under $20:

Matrix Total Results Color Obsessed So Silver Shampoo

- Neutralises unwanted brassy warmth & eliminates dull, yellow tones
  • Illuminates highlights on blondes & adds brightness to grey or white hair

• Best used 2-3 times a week just for colour maintenance

★★★★★ I love this shampoo - Joe

"I love the shampoo as it really tones down my brassy blonde due to sun. I use it at least 3 times per week. It also provides a slight violet tone to my natural grey. It looks sharp. It also makes my hair feel soft and vibrant. My hairstylist also uses it on me whenever I have my hair styled."

Buy it here

Under $30:

ELEVEN Keep My Colour Blonde Shampoo

- Designed for both coloured & natural blondes
  • Packed with hydrolysed soy & wheat protein to keep blonde hair healthy

• Removes hints of orange from the hair for a clean, fresh blonde

★★★★★ My favourite blonde shampoo - Sarah

"I've been using this for ages on my hairdresser's recommendation and it has become my favourite blonde shampoo. It smells amazing (my fiance is always telling me how much he loves the smell of my hair) and it feels even better. If my hair is at a good colour I sometimes use this with the 3 minute treatment instead of the matching conditioner. This is definitely a long term staple in my shower."

Buy it here

Under $40:

KEVIN.MURPHY Blonde.Angel.Wash

- Gently cleanses, restores shine & tones light shades of hair

- Formulated with nourishing natural ingredients to hydrate & protect the hair

- Soothes the hair & scalp while adding volume

"This is by far the best Blonde Shampoo I have ever used. I have tried every kind over the years, from Fudge to Matrix, to the Evo Fabuloso conditioner and this is by far the best product. I have highly processed fine hair, and have never been able to get a consistently well toned/soft result, but this product gave me just what I was looking for! I use it every time I wash my hair (sometimes everyday, but have been able to push it out to every 3 days) and it doesn't turn it ashy or grey/white at all - just maintains a beautiful blonde! I cannot rave enough about it, the smell is also super lovely as well."

Buy it here

Over $50:

Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo

- Contains optimal levels of violet pigment to correct brassiness & yellow tones
  • Leaves hair healthier, shinier and brighter

• Suitable for all hair types, including colour and keratin treated hair

★★★★★ Love everything about this shampoo - Judy

"Was thrilled to learn Adore Beauty was stocking Oribe. I bought the bright blond shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo can be slow to foam but persevere and you end up with luxurious feel. My hair is soft and manageable and thoroughly cleansed after one wash. Fragrance is fresh and clean. Definitely my new favourite."

Buy it here

Shop Blonde Here