Acne scarring/red marks that refuse to go away :(

Acne scarring/red marks that refuse to go away :(

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping you can help me! I have been using the Ultraceuticals Even Skintone Serum for a month now to get rid of all the red scarring/pigmentation from old acne scars. It hasn’t made much difference at all. It certainly helps keep (mostly) breakouts at bay.

It’s my 30th birthday next weekend and I’d really like to try to diminish all the redness. I really hate it :frowning:

If anyone could advise me another product or treatment to try, maybe a facial or peel? I’ve had lactic peels (a course of 6 that made no difference). Or any advice about foundations or concealer would be so helpful too. I have extremely sensitive skin that is very prone to breakouts from chemicals.

Thankyou xx

Hey Mioche!

I have the same issue with redness etc, and have found that the ASAP Clearskin Gel is much more effective on lightening these areas and its a lot easier on the pocket!

Unfortunately as you only have 1 week to go, you probably won’t get the results your after on such short notice, but I swear by Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, which is amazing at disguising blemishes and is the perfect product to fake flawless skin!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Love Kat xxx

Remedies for Acne scarring/red marks

[SIZE=“3”]Here I have mentioned some of the best home remedy to get rid from acne and redness quickly.

Apply orange peel well pulverized with water to the acne-affected areas in your body. Or you can apply cucumber leaves or its well-grated pieces to your body parts for acne cure. Rubbing the acne with a fresh garlic clove can also be very effective. Tea tree oil is a popular home remedy for acne.

The skin doctor can suggest you a good combination of both oral and topical medicines, or over-the-counter acne products that can help you in getting free of acne. There are many home remedies that can be readily adopted to cure the acne.

Apply ice to acne spots. The ice reduces swelling and heals acne quickly because it unclogs your pores with its cold temperature.

Use acne treatments that contain benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is one of the best ways on how to get rid of acne fast. This breaks up dead skin cells and gets rid of bacteria. It also removes the oils that clog your pores.

Mix natural yogurt and fine oatmeal to a thick paste, apply and leave to dry. Wash the face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Afterwards you can apply any antibiotic lotion depending on the skin type.

The latest method nowadays used for the treatment of acne skin is the Aloe Vera. Soaps and gels made from Aloe Vera serves a good purpose in healing the acne damaged skin.

Cook 2-3 tea bags and mix with dried basil for 10-20 minutes. Apply this on the face and acne with a cotton ball.
Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply the paste while sleeping and wash the face next morning as this is a good natural remedy for acne.

Unboiled milk mixed with gram flour has been proved effective for the daily wash of acne skin.
Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice for treating pimples and this is one of the best home remedies for acne.
[/LIST][/SIZE]

Hi Mioche

I have the same problem, and it drives me insane. I have tried a few AHA products but the best that has worked for me is to apply 100% lemon oil (massage onto) the spots. Thanks to some ones suggestiont to use neutrogena acne stress control cleanser, I don’t get any pimples anymore!!! (touch wood) And by applying this to the spots it doesn’t not cause any blemish problem or affect my sensitive/rosacea skin. (my red marks are on the chin area, if that helps)

Certainly a cheap option to try anyway.

Using rosehip oil twice a day has gotten rid of all the red spots i used to have. Takes quite a while to work, but it definitely does work & has lots of other benefits too. It’s a HG product for me.

[QUOTE=Kitten Smitten;449354]Hi Mioche

I have the same problem, and it drives me insane. I have tried a few AHA products but the best that has worked for me is to apply 100% lemon oil (massage onto) the spots. Thanks to some ones suggestiont to use neutrogena acne stress control cleanser, I don’t get any pimples anymore!!! (touch wood) And by applying this to the spots it doesn’t not cause any blemish problem or affect my sensitive/rosacea skin. (my red marks are on the chin area, if that helps)

Certainly a cheap option to try anyway.[/QUOTE]

I second the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Cleanser! :heartbeat:

Thankyou so much ladies for all your wonderful suggestions!!! I found the ASAP clearskin gel in my drawer of goodies (minor obsession with skincare, often forget what I own!). I’ve been using that for a few days now and it is fantastic! My friend suggested the Skininstitut eventone serum…which I have to say is incredible. After one use of this the marks have diminished to pink instead of red. I’ve been using it for a few days now and it really works. I have been using the Ultraceuticals Even skintone serum and haven’t had great results. I will have to try the lemon juice idea, that sounds great!!

I can’t use Neutrogena as the company tests on animals and I’m an animal rights activist so refuse to support companies that abuse animals.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good cleanser that is sulfate free and as natural as possible? I’m currently using the ASAP cleanser but it has sulfates in it and I find it very drying.

[QUOTE=mioche;449515]Thankyou so much ladies for all your wonderful suggestions!!! I found the ASAP clearskin gel in my drawer of goodies (minor obsession with skincare, often forget what I own!). I’ve been using that for a few days now and it is fantastic! My friend suggested the Skininstitut eventone serum…which I have to say is incredible. After one use of this the marks have diminished to pink instead of red. I’ve been using it for a few days now and it really works. I have been using the Ultraceuticals Even skintone serum and haven’t had great results. I will have to try the lemon juice idea, that sounds great!!

I can’t use Neutrogena as the company tests on animals and I’m an animal rights activist so refuse to support companies that abuse animals.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good cleanser that is sulfate free and as natural as possible? I’m currently using the ASAP cleanser but it has sulfates in it and I find it very drying.[/QUOTE]

St ives olive cleanser or the new green tea and it wont break the budget.

archived #9