Adult acne sufferers unite!

Adult acne sufferers unite!
0.0 0

HELP! I have always have congested and acne prone skin but I thought it would subsided once I passed my 20s.

However I’m now 24 and still always get break outs, I have tried so many skin products, makeup brands, facial treatments and doctor prescribed topical treatments. Nothing has given me an permanent fix, some will make my skin better for a little while but it always ends up going bad/congested again after a couple of months.

Does anyone have any suggestions that have helped them get rid of adult acne?! I’m willing to spend the $$ but am just at a loss of what to do anymore.

This is what helped me! Im in late 20s and for first time am able to not wear make up to the shops!

AlphaH triple action cleanser. Removes all my makeup in 1 go!
AlphaH Liquid Gold
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples

Hi Ali,

I’ve just discovered Medik8 Blemish Control Pads. After two days of using these pads, it helps reduce inflammation and reduced the texture. It isn’t harsh on the skin, and I’d say would be suitable for sensitive skin types. I’ve also been using my Clarisonic more, which I feel has reduced congestion. :relaxed:

Ali, I feel your pain! I am 32 and have had acne since I was 12 years old.

I feel like I’ve tried everything under the sun! But recently I started using Alpha-H Liquid Gold, which uses 5% Glycolic Acid to resurface and brighten your skin. I’ve personally noticed the scarring I have on my cheeks has now started to fade.
I’m going to upload my before and afters so you can see the difference, because it’s a change you have to see to believe.

Also, as a cleanser I’ve now started using Dr.Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap in Tea Tree, which is great because it’s not overly drying like most acne cleansers and it’s organic.

I honestly only use these two products for cleansing and toning and it’s working so far! Worth a try in my opinion.

Amazing results Shanthi!

@ali I hear that! I’ve just turned 25.

I use the ASAP skincare range including a mix of:
Exfoliating scrub, gentle cleanser and daily facial cleanser
The platinum serum collection that have AHAs/BHAs which includes super A, B, C, Radiance serum, anti-ageing moisturizer etc. Seriously I have noticed a MASSIVE change in my skin since the beginning of the year. And, I recently got the ASAP anti-blemish gel too which seems good.

Like @annettebisinella above, I have also been using Alpha-H Liquid Gold a few times a week and the Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask once a week. I have really notice a big change! I am wanting to explore more of their products though too because so far these 2 have been AMAZING!

Plus, for me - making some lifestyle changes such as upping my water and veggie intake and sticking to exercise has helped me. My hormones were way out of whack and that contributed a lot to my skin troubles. Now if only I could get my bacne in order :frowning:

Good luck!

But I have also heard heaps of hype about The Ordinary! Great price and I am tempted to have a go at that skin care line too…!