AHA BHA? Help!

AHA BHA? Help!

I have always been interested in the claims of AHA/BHA products but have been scared to try them. My skin tends to be sensitive on my cheeks. After reading the many glowing reports of the Alpha H range by those with sensitivities I think I’m ready to give it a try. But what to get?
I don’t have problem skin anymore but still have the large pores and hormonal jawline thing going on. My skin tends to get dehydrated. I am quite fair with a shadow of the many freckles I used to have. I have been using Skin Doctors Dermabrite to lighten them with some success but still have a few stubborn pigmentation marks fom my pregnancies. Does any of this sound familar to you? What’s worked for you?

Medusa,

Have a look at Alpha-H White Gold. This is only 5% AHA so it’s a good product to start out with. It’s runny like a toner, you apply it with a cotton pad or cotton ball after cleansing (just once a day is fine). It has skin-lightening ingredients so will help with the pigmentation marks - just make sure you wear a good sunscreen every day too!

Hope this helps :spin:

Thanks Kate
I was looking at the White Gold but also the Hydrating mask (I’m a sucker for a giveaway). I don’t suppose you could recommend a cleanser too? My skin reacts best to a cream cleanser but I find it hard to get one that rinses clean without leaving any residue on my face. I’ve had the Akin one before & it was quite good. Maybe something different?

Medusa, have a look at the Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser. It’s not quite as thick and creamy as the Akin one but it’s not oil-based so it rinses nice and clean.

Hi Medusa,
I have recently purchased the Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser and as a first time user of the Alpha-H range I am really happy with it. My cheeks tend to be a little sensitive also at times. The Alpha-H balancing cleanser is beautiful and rinses off easily so there is no yucky residue left behind. Hope this helps.:bunny:

I can’t remember where I saw it written, but are AHA’s mainly for anti-aging/fine lines, and BHA’s for problem/acne skin?

I read a lot about AHA’s in many products, but what sort of products can I find BHA’s in?

BHA = salicylic acid. You can find it in Ultraceuticals Even Skintone Serum, Ultra Clear Treatment Gel, and Ultra A Treatment Serum; also Joey New York’s Pure Pores range, MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Night Recovery Complex, and Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel.

Hop onto the main Adore site and do a search for “salicylic acid” :slight_smile:

Oh excellent thanks Kate :). I’m still learning the lingo :ashamed: