Anti Age

Anti Age

Hey. I am 18 and worried about anti ageing. I currently use a product that my step mam bought for me called restorelite, its safe as its a light treatment.

I am just wondering if there are any other teens here that are worried too and if so what do you use?

Charlie x

Hi Charlie! I would say most of us are also trying to prevent ageing as much as possible. Products which contain Vitamin A (retinol) are the best preventative measures, and also making sure you wear SPF30 protection every day!

AntiAgeing

Hi Charlie,
It is great you are concerned about taking care of your skin. The best advice is to drink lots of water, use good skincare and avoid excess alcohol. With your skincare, see a professional beauty therapist who can recommend products that are perfect for you because you will not need to start using complete anti-age products just yet as your skin is much softer, smoother and less damaged than a mature skin.

lots of water and healthy fresh food. SPF30+ and sunglasses every day - even in winter. Don’t smoke. Don’t drink to excess.

Spot On Rosie

[QUOTE=Rosie;230831]lots of water and healthy fresh food. SPF30+ and sunglasses every day - even in winter. Don’t smoke. Don’t drink to excess.[/QUOTE]

Hi Rosie, what great tips…you’re right on the money with those!

As the others said…SUNSCREEN!!! Every day and if you are in the sun for an extended period then you need to reapply. Also use gentle products that still cater for your particular skin needs/concerns.

Again, another vote for sunscreen and lots of water. Also, stress less. Ageing is inevitable. The key is to do it with a positive attitude and you’ll do it gracefully.

a gentle, regular routine that includes sunscreen and a holistic approach to your lifestyle…(balanced diet, plenty of rest/sleep, active life).

I think champagne and chocolate with love ones is especially good for the skin (and the soul) :whistle:

The main thing is, what you do on the inside (physically and spiritually) will be reflected in your face. No amount of skincare can undo the ravages of unkind treatment.

Love it!

[QUOTE=Sapphire;231242]I think champagne and chocolate with love ones is especially good for the skin (and the soul) :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Sapphire, I love this! I shall be drinking and indulging more often :wink:
:clapping:

[quote=pinkdivamua;231323]Sapphire, I love this! I shall be drinking and indulging more often :wink:
:clapping:[/quote]

Its true! :chuckle:

I must say that I eat and drink healthily, don’t smoke and exercise fairly regularly. So my skin is still smooth and tight and usually blemish free. But am I still starting to see fine lines under my eyes and I am nearly 24. So ageing is inevitable, but as long as you follow these tips, you will be much healthier looking! They say that 80% of the signs of ageing (pigmentation, spots, excessive wrinkles) is due to UV exposure! I wish I wore sunscreen on my face all the time, I have small signs of broken capillaries on my face from past sun damage :shakehead: so I couldn’t agree more with the girls here regarding sun protection!

The biggest factor in aging is sun damage - it even beats genetics.

I wear SPF30+ year round, have for years, and I also wear sunglasses year round. A lot of people laugh at me, but at 38, I am only just starting to get lines near my eyes.

Sunscreen and antioxidants in your skincare :boxing: Especially Vitamins A, C & E. And use products with hyaluronic acid to keep your skin hydrated & plump.

[quote=Rosie;231486]The biggest factor in aging is sun damage - it even beats genetics.

I wear SPF30+ year round, have for years, and I also wear sunglasses year round. A lot of people laugh at me, but at 38, I am only just starting to get lines near my eyes.[/quote]

I’m 28 and have fine lines around my eyes despite the fact that I have religiously done the sunscreen and sunnies thing for several years now. But I did have a sun-filled adolescence and early 20s alas. :frowning: However I suspect most of the lines are expression lines not sun-related as they follow the same lines I get from smiling etc.

[QUOTE=Sapphire;231496]I’m 28 and have fine lines around my eyes despite the fact that I have religiously done the sunscreen and sunnies thing for several years now. But I did have a sun-filled adolescence and early 20s alas. :frowning: However I suspect most of the lines are expression lines not sun-related as they follow the same lines I get from smiling etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine are more along my smile lines. I had a horror of a mother - made us wear hats, sunscreen and sunglasses from the time I was 12. And it stuck. Now I thank her (and lets face it, genetics may play a part).

Well I grew up in an era that prescribed (officially) at LEAST 15 minutes of unprotected sunshine a day. All the health experts said it was the thing to do, and I grew up on a farm so the great outdoors was even more present for me.

[QUOTE=Sapphire;232283]Well I grew up in an era that prescribed (officially) at LEAST 15 minutes of unprotected sunshine a day. All the health experts said it was the thing to do, and I grew up on a farm so the great outdoors was even more present for me.[/QUOTE]

That is still the prescribed thing to do and considering the nation’s deficiency in Vitamin D, something that we should (carefully…15% of your body for 10-15mins) do.

For me I think it was more than the vitamin thing…my parents were told that we should never wear sunscreen and on a farm that meant a lot of sunlight. I am so fair that I do wonder now.