Best Makeup Removers

makeupremover
Best Makeup Removers
0.0 0

When it comes to removing makeup, currently I just cleanse and use some rosehip oil to rub away eye-make up remnants. Curious to try some proper makeup removers that I can easily pour on to a cotton pad and wipe makeup off with though. I’ve also heard a lot of people on about micellar water but don’t really know much about it.?

What are your favourites to remove makeup and what do you recommend?

Personally, I love the Dermalogica PreCleanse! As I wear A LOT of makeup I feel that the standard makeup remover, or micellar water doesn’t do the job. With the pre cleanse it’s an oil product which breaks down and takes away everything - including waterproof mascara.

Looks great @vanessa_w . I’m always curious about oil cleansers though - do they not leave you a bit greasy afterwards? Or do you have to specifically wipe them off after you apply?

With this particular one, you need to rinse it off with water and it doesn’t leave an oil residue on your skin! :slight_smile:

My makeup remover arsenal is a combination of:

• Micellar water: indispensable for removing daily makeup. There is no such thing as a micellar formula that removes the heavyweight waterproof mascaras (on me at least) though, and for that I use…

I enjoy the Bioderma Hydrabio! It’s the most hydrating, good for sensitive skin formula that I’ve tried so far.

• Oil cleansers: I’m pretty fussy with these, I prefer something that doesn’t have many essential oils and preferably with fewest ingredients possible.

Probably wouldn’t recommend rosehip oil as a makeup remover just because it does have actives that might irritate - on the other hand I’ve heard people successfully using it to improve their eyelashes? A good oil cleanser is formulated to rinse away cleanly too.

I can’t lie - I actually don’t have a favourite oil cleanser from a Western brand yet! I use Japanese ones preferably - Hadalabo and Fancl are both my go tos. No essential oils, perfect consistency, wash away cleanly and don’t irritate the skin at all.

@christined

1. Neutrogena Fragrance-Free Makeup Remover Wipes
    2.Maybelline Expert Eyes Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

On my lazy afternoons after all days work with makeup on, the quickest and cleanest makeup remover that works for me is the Bioderma Sensibio. Pour onto cotton pad and wipe onto face and even lips then voila!, fresh clean skin ready to relax and breathe. Smells light and lovely like pure coconut juice (what i think anyway) :blush:

Its one of the permanent makeup remover in my bathroom shelf. Try it, you won’t regret it.

https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/bioderma/bioderma-crealine-h2o-solution-micellaire-cleanser-500ml.html