Best Primer, what do you think?

Best Primer, what do you think?
0.0 0

I would love to get some recommendations for primers please, I am using Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer it is the first primer I have used so have nothing to compare it to.
Also if you use a primer do you use a separate primer for eyes?
Thanks in advance

Hands down the best primer I have ever used, THE ORDINARY HIGH-ADHERENCE SILICONE PRIMER
Leaves all my treatment and makeup feeling so light weight on my face, no oiliness through the day and so soft with matte finish. And the price is amazing!!
Highly Recommended!

I don’t just have one favourite primer (I’m a makeup tart and not faithful to anything!) I match my foundations to my primer and I have different primers for different things. I use the Clarins instant smooth for flawlessly smooth skin as I have surgery scars and old acne scarring. But love an illuminising primer every so often as well under my makeup. I also second the TO primer as well - really lovely - doesn’t quite give me the flawless finish of the clarins formula (as that also needs to be worked into the scarring a little). Most foundations place really nicely with the TO primer as well.

Just went and had a look at the link, wow on the reviews and the price is amazing, this might be on my to try list now.

Certainly work try @WendyB especially for the price!
Only need a tear drop and covers whole face!

Wow! Sounds amazing @annettebisinella. Do you also have a moisturiser on under this? I’m really not a primer girl but I could be converted

A primers I tried recently (thanks to an Adore sample!) that I really like is:

It glides on, has a bit of colour and that all important SPF! On the weekend I’d wear this on its own if I were out and about running errands. I’ll be buying this when I run out of my Jane Iredale primer (which is great but doesn’t have the SPF)

@christined Yes some days I used AlphaH Liquid Gold Moisturiser, other days I just use TO Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% & Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5. The weekend was nice and sunny so I popped on Alpha-H Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF30+
Each time the primer creates a matte blurred finish. Its amazing!
I have used Pixi Tinted moistuiser over the top, as well as full face going out makeup.

Lol, Same as you @christined, If people on this forum recommends I ll start to use primer.

Hi, I have used quite a few different primers over the years and the one I now use, (and love) all the time, is the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. It has a lovely cool and refreshing feeling on the skin and it honestly does feel like a canvas to put your foundation onto. I would highly recommend this product.

Thank you @melissamurphy , Toady i will book Laura Mercier Hydrating primer.

Thank’s for your email.

I’m glad it helped a bit.

Becca’s first lift filter primer is hands down the best primer I have ever tried. Smooth, glowy, and made my foundation last all day

Best Primer i have used is POREfessional by Benefit. I have massive pores so this fills them up and smooths my skin out nicely helping create the perfect canvas for my foundation. Not to mention that it also helps my foundation stay on throughout my long shifts at work.

the ordinaey high spreadabikity primer is the wow

totally agree and a fabulous price too!!!

L’Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer is the best product u can use it definetely.

I love POREfessional too, but when I couldn’t afford it and was on the hunt for dupes, I was told Pure Magic Primer was pretty close - and at a much lower price. So, I grabbed a tube and really loved it!! It’s slightly tinted like POREfessional, feels much the same and on me I felt it worked just as well.

Estée Lauder The Illuminator
Radiant Perfecting Primer + Finisher, is my favourite at the moment. Leaves me with a natural looking glor after I apply my foundation.

That’s great to see everyone helping. I actually need help on primer too. I haven try one but YES this will eventually help me a lot too. Thanks for sharing this post.