Blush - I'm so confused

Blush - I'm so confused

Ladies, I need help…

I’m going to Melbourne for a few days between Christmas and New Year and have visions of me doing some beauty related things. Top of my list is to go to Adore (but I need to check out the opening hours first). I will also head to DJs to try and return my La Mer Cleanser.

Anyrade…the purpose of this thread is that I need a new blush and I have read the many threads that have some reference to blush and my head is in a spin. I currently have 2 blushes: a Clarins cream blush and an Aveda powder blush. I think I prefer the powder one (but on some days…). I need suggestions as to the best blush around, MAC, NARS ???

I will only be shopping for a day (as I must spend the rest of the time imprisoned at the in-laws) so I need help on where to go to try some.

:reindeer:

I personally think NARS blushes are fantastic. They are velvety soft, highly pigmented and last for ages. Orgasm is my pick as a lovely peachy-pink hue that suits most skintones. The downside is they’re a bit exxy but worth it IMO for what they deliver.

Another lovely blush in a similar colour is TheBalm’s Hot Mama, sold at Kit.

I’m a M.A.C devotee but only have a couple of their blushes. They don’t rock my world the way NARS does!

For cream blush I’d recommend BECCA or Bobbi Brown for gorgeous neutrals.

PS also if you’re near a Priceline, check out Bourjois…their blushes are best-sellers and well-priced too!

I’m a big fan of the Balm’s Hot Mama, such a flattering colour.

I love NARS too, Orgasm and Sin are to die for

Another NARS fan here - I have got Deep Throat blush, which is a peachy colour with a little bit of shimmer. I’m not very confident with using blush myself, so went for Deep Throat instead of Orgasm. I think Orgasm is more peachy pink.

DO you guys have any great tips for the becca creme blush? anythign is appreciated :slight_smile:

My favourite is the CARGO 3 in 1 Colour Tube in Summerside. Its a lovely subtle pinky colour that gives the nice natural flushed look. I love using it.

[QUOTE=VeeE;72263]I’m a big fan of the Balm’s Hot Mama, such a flattering colour.

I love NARS too, Orgasm and Sin are to die for[/QUOTE]

Hot Mama is a great place to start. It was my first blush (that is not strictly true, I have others, but it’s the first I bought and actually USED :chuckle:) and it’s a cheapie - $28 I think - so not much to spend unlike NARS, if you don’t end up using it.

I bought Orgasm recently but haven;t actually tried it yet!!

will have to try these one day, have heard so many positive reviews about it!

You have got to get the Hot Mama! I use it over my bronzer on my cheeks and it imparts the most beautiful glow which lasts all day. Where have you been all my life Hot Mama!:hugs:

make sure u go into Kit & have a good look around [that is where to get the hot mama one] , they r very helpful with samples as well [i would say u r a member of this forum as well to them] , u must get to Priceline the huge one off the mall , heaps to look at & close to Myer & Dj 's

I too am a bit of a NARS fan but atm i am utterly obsessed with Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup Quad bronzer in Sunbeam and Moonglow.

I find that a nice fluffy brush give a great soft glow. A good tap before applying is a must also IMO.

Love to know what you get and what you got up to in Melb?!! :waving:

I just checked out Kit’s site to look at this hot mama stuff, as you guys always recomend the best… I was just going to have a look, when suddenly I found myself buying it :chuckle:. Was in needed of a new blush addition, so that’s okay :drunk:

!!

[QUOTE=beautyproductjunkie;72307]I just checked out Kit’s site to look at this hot mama stuff, as you guys always recomend the best… I was just going to have a look, when suddenly I found myself buying it :chuckle:. Was in needed of a new blush addition, so that’s okay :drunk:[/QUOTE]

Awesome! You will love it! And you are about to be a hot mama :wink:

[QUOTE=beautyproductjunkie;72307]I just checked out Kit’s site to look at this hot mama stuff, as you guys always recomend the best… I was just going to have a look, when suddenly I found myself buying it :chuckle:. Was in needed of a new blush addition, so that’s okay :drunk:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha that sounds like something I would do :clap:

I will certainly head to Kit and have a play. Thanks for all your thoughts

:reindeer:

[QUOTE=VeeE;72313]Awesome! You will love it! And you are about to be a hot mama ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! :hugs:

[QUOTE=amaranth;72266]DO you guys have any great tips for the becca creme blush? anythign is appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

Amaranth I have Turkish Rose and it’s gorgeous. Gives you a lovely natural flush, and goes with just about everything. Highly recommended!

[QUOTE=raspberryberet;72325]Amaranth I have Turkish Rose and it’s gorgeous. Gives you a lovely natural flush, and goes with just about everything. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]

Yep that’s what I have too. Do you use your fingertips or is it better with some kind of brush? Do you dab, swirl, rub? Just on the apples or what?

[QUOTE=amaranth;72328]Yep that’s what I have too. Do you use your fingertips or is it better with some kind of brush? Do you dab, swirl, rub? Just on the apples or what?[/QUOTE]

Fingertips. I prefer to do this with creme blushes to warm it up a bit, helps it spread better. A damp sponge would be ok too.

I dab and swirl, just on the apples and then blending out.

When we had the Becca makeover they got us to apply with a foundation brush (as we did the concealer too). Must say it looked better once blended with fingertips!