Bright Lips On A Budget: You Need These Shades Now

Bright Lips On A Budget: You Need These Shades Now
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/bright-lips-on-a-budget-you-need-these-shades-now/

Feeling adventurous? Or wanting to change up your look for 2018 without breaking the bank? This year is the year to step outside your comfort zone and add a little more colour into your life.

A bright lip colour can change your whole look, so I don’t like to go too crazy - I usually keep it simple with a light coverage base, a touch of mascara, well groomed brows and a pop of colour on the lips.

Now, we all have those high-end lipsticks living in our makeup graveyard that we might’ve spent too much on - so what if I told you each of these bold shades was under $20?

Your Go-To Red:

3INA The Matte Lipstick - 403 Red

Red is a shade every makeup lover should own - you never know when you might need it for your next big event! Red can also be a daunting colour to wear for most people, but 3INA's matte lipstick has you covered, and it's well within budget.

- It’s a blue-based red which will counteract any yellow tones on your teeth

- It has a matte finish, it’s long-lasting & has a non-drying formula

- Easily glides onto the lips, with a very rich pigment

Pro Tip: For the most precise application, apply a lip liner down first. This will ensure a sharp lip line, and it’ll increase the longevity and intensity of the colour.

★★★★★ Gorgeous shade - Ronnie

"I love this bold, vibrant red shade. It feels really summery and can take any makeup look from drab to fab. It wears really well too, I find it lasts super well even when eating and drinking. Such a good price as well!"

Buy here

On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink:

Burt's Bees Lipstick - Tulip Tide

This is the perfect shade for a pop of colour without making your makeup too loud. It's a lavender-pink shade suitable for day wear for a dash of colour.

- Made from 100% natural ingredients

- Raspberry Seed Oil & Vitamin E help to hydrate dry lips for up to 8 hours

• This formula has a creamy smooth satin finish

Quick Fact: This eco-friendly lipstick is made from 60% recyclable packaging and is cruelty-free, so it’s perfect for the environmentally-conscious.

★★★★★ BEEautiful - Clare

"Love this lipstick range. I like going for lip products with natural ingredients, as I heard that lipstick wearers can consume up to 1 pound of lipstick a year. GROSS! That's why I love the Burt's Bees range. I know that it won't cause me any harm, but will also help hydrate my lips and leave them feeling nourished. Also, the lipstick is really affordable with cute packaging."

Buy here

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet:

Shanghai Suzy Whipped Matte Lipstick - Miss Cassandra Peony

Still not convinced that bright colours are for you? Well, here is a lip colour that shouldn't send you too far out of your comfort zone. This soft pink shade by Shanghai Suzy is one of their most popular shades - and I'm not surprised.

- This hydrating whipped matte formula is vegan & cruelty-free

- All Shanghai Suzy lipsticks feature a delicious strawberry candy scent

- This shade has a rich, dense pigment which will give your lips lasting colour

Pro Tip: This beautiful shade can double as a cream blush if you lightly dab it onto the cheekbones using your fingertips.

★★★★★ Lasting power without feathering into lines - Deborah

"Love this lipstick, it lasts and lasts, does not need a lip pencil to stay put and does not feather into lines around my lips. Miss Cassandra Peony is the perfect colour for my lips providing a natural colour with non drying lasting power and a beautiful soft scent.."

Buy here

Shop Lips Here