Combination Skin!

Combination Skin!

I have combination type skin. I treat my skin with two different types of products for each area. For example:

I use an oil free moisturiser on my t-zone and a heavier moisturiser for dry skin on my cheeks.

When I use a scrub I will use something gentle on my cheeks and something stronger (like microcleanse) on my t-zone.

When I apply Masks I use something deep cleansing and purifying on my t-zone and something super hydrating on my cheeks.

I use different serums on different parts of my face also.

Does anyone else with combination skin use different products for each area like I do or am I just an obsessed lunatic with too much time on her hands?

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;25014]
Does anyone else with combination skin use different products for each area like I do or am I just an obsessed lunatic with too much time on her hands?[/QUOTE]

Yes PCC…JK! :chuckle:

I have combination-ish skin, but I don’t use different products. Not enough time in the day for that!!

[QUOTE=jaime;25015]Yes PCC…JK! :chuckle:

I have combination-ish skin, but I don’t use different products. Not enough time in the day for that!![/QUOTE]

I am a skin care nazi Jaime, I am she who has never once in her life gone to bed with makeup on, who needs regular facials at the salon and at least 3 diy at home facials per week. Obsessed… Yep you bet!!:chuckle::redcheeks:

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;25019]I am a skin care nazi Jaime, I am she who has never once in her life gone to bed with makeup on, who needs regular facials at the salon and at least 3 diy at home facials per week. Obsessed… Yep you bet!!:chuckle::redcheeks:[/QUOTE]

And I bet you have beautiful skin to show for it :slight_smile:

I don’t know how you do it PCC! I have combo skin too but use the same products all over - usually ones that are made for combo skin! I am too slack with masks, probably not even one a month. When I do them I use the Hello Neighbour one from Benefit - LOVE it (especially the applicator!) I do love those nose strip things for blackheads and use those about once a month (should do it once a week - will try harder!)

I have combo skin too and have been on an endless search for products that will keep the oiliness at bay plus hydrate. If anyone finds this mystical, magical beast please do let me know!

I use the same cleanser and moisturiser as a general rule, but lately have been applying masks just in the t-zone. If my cheeks are feeling a bit dry I add a little something extra. Seems to be making a difference giving the different areas some targeted care.

[QUOTE=jaime;25020]And I bet you have beautiful skin to show for it :)[/QUOTE]

Fortunately my skin is amazing but I think genetics also plays a part in that (my Mum’s skin is gorgeous to). My skin is also my best feature. I have never been the thinest, most popular or self confident person around but I always have the best skin!!

once upon a time i did use different products on my t-zone & cheeks but have found that as i age it isn’t now going to make a big difference, though i do need to be careful not to over do the heavier moistuisers on my conjested bits

[QUOTE=raspberryberet;25022]I have combo skin too and have been on an endless search for products that will keep the oiliness at bay plus hydrate. If anyone finds this mystical, magical beast please do let me know!

I use the same cleanser and moisturiser as a general rule, but lately have been applying masks just in the t-zone. If my cheeks are feeling a bit dry I add a little something extra. Seems to be making a difference giving the different areas some targeted care.[/QUOTE]

Raspberry I just couldn’t find a product that singularly suited my skin which is why I now treat my combination skin as two seperate entities. My T-zone is slightly oily and my cheeks are normal to dry. Seperate products for each zone for me seems to work really well.

I don’t use separate products for different areas of my face… although of late have using different masks on different areas of my face which seems to be working…
My skin sways more to the oily side than dry… and the only time I have trouble with dry patches on my skin is winter… ie now! :shakehead:
In winter I just apply extra nourishing products to the dry areas, ie either Rosebud salve or Lucas’s Pawpaw ointment…

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;25014]Does anyone else with combination skin use different products for each area like I do or am I just an obsessed lunatic with too much time on her hands?[/QUOTE]

I used to. When I was waaaaaaaay younger I had oily skin, and I mean OILY :frowning: Then, after the first child, I got combo skin. Sadly, menopause turned that on it’s head, now I have dry, cranky skin. :confused:

I do make a bit of an effort to treat the different parts of my skin separately, but so far I haven’t integrated it into my regular daily routine. Summer is when my t-zone and cheeks are noticeably different, so in summer i do more clay masks on my t-zone and use a mattifying product there. In summer I will also cleanse once all over with a mild cleanser, and then use a stronger salicylic-acid-based cleanser on my t-zone and leave it there for a minute or two before rinsing. In winter, I use pretty much the same products all around. But overall, for me, the “treating different parts of the skin differently” thing is a sporadic thing which I do whenever I remember - it’s not a routine.

When I was a teenager I had oily skin and now it seems to be more combo. But still not combo to the extreame that my cheeks flake or aynthing, they just feel drier. But I really can’t be bothered using seperate stuff for it so I don’t bother.

My skin just doesn’t cope if I don’t treat the two areas differently. My T-zone can’t handle any oily products and even some oil free moisturisers are still too much.

I do the same as someone mentioned, in the morning (when no make-up on) I cleanse with gentler cleanser and use my witch hazel exfoliating cleanser on my chin area (hello congestion :saber:).

At night I put a richer moisturiser on my cheeks/forehead and my tea tree gel on my chin area and eye cream around my eyes.
:sunnies:

Where do you get the witch hazel cleanser from Precious Star?

I seriously couldn’t be bothered PCC, i tend to look for products that will suit my whole face (hence the endless trying of new products!). I find that the addition of a sunblock in my routine gives further hydration to all the areas that are not my t-zone, yet keeps that pesky area in check. Using the U/C mineral foundation has helped also.

I’m 22 and I used to have combination skin. I would get oily and dry/flaky skin all the time. Plus ugly blemishes as well. I had a virus last year which gave me flaky/blotchy skin on my upper half body so I fiddled around with moisturisers for a while.
Has anyone ever used Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Skin Primer? It’s the [U]only[/U] thing I use. I just put it on my skin after washing and then apply my foundation and it looks really good. I hardly get pimples or blemishes anymore and I don’t get oily or flaky spots either. I would definately recommend it :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;25232]Where do you get the witch hazel cleanser from Precious Star?[/QUOTE]

A local department strore, Farmers. Im not sure if they are in Australia…?

Its from a brand called Witch. Heres their website http://www.witchskincare.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5