Cracked skin at the heel

Cracked skin at the heel

Always have cracked skin at the heel… really ugly… what should I do? I tried to use the tool kit, but only work for a little while, a couple of days, then they look terrible again. thanks guys

Get yourself a urea based cream. If you’re from here, brands include Eulactol, Urederm, NS8 and Duit. Apply morning and night and you’ll see an improvement soon. Urea helps heal the cracks and is an intense moisturiser.

I recommend the Eulactol, it has helped me :waving:

I use one of those pedi paddles, slather on moisturiser and wear socks overnight.

Thanks guys, you are awesome… I did try wearing socks when sleeping, but it got too warm during the night then I took them off…:redcheeks:

will try the products that you recommended… thanks!

cracked heels

Ooo I have this problem too! Will definately have to try out Eulactol. I find using a pedi paddle does help though.

slowly gently over time remove the hard stuff and nourish the soft stuff. it won’t happen quickly but it will happen. also check your shoes, are you walking around on thin shoes, or barefoot on hard hot surfaces. this would cause the heels to thicken to try and defend themselves. for instance I got thick heals from wearing those masseur sandels with the little knobs on them.

cracked skin at the heel

Yeah you really need to keep on top of exfoliating the dead skin & moisturizing definitely. I always forget though!

cracked skin at the heel

The only thing that worked for me was medi pedi, like a chemical pedicure. Manually doing it never got rid of it.

Especially now summer comes, wearing flip flop all the time, so hard to maintain the feet…

I find it hard to keep on top of too, especially because I wear thongs and open shoes a lot. I keep a pumice stone in the shower and use it every day, and I try to moisturise my feet a few times a week. I also do a more intense exfoliation within a pedi, usually weekly. NS8 is a great cream if you’re trying to initially get it under control.

[QUOTE=greenforever;438661]Especially now summer comes, wearing flip flop all the time, so hard to maintain the feet…[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend the Microplane XL Pro foot file.
http://us.microplane.com/microplanexlprofootfile.aspx

I’ve never had softer soles since I got one of these,all other paddles etc.just don’t compare.And once you’ve used it,and applied balm or cream after-heavenly happy feet!

Can definitely back up the urea based creams such as Eucatol as well. If you use a pumice stone, then apply the cream on the heel, then wear socks for a little while, do this everyday and you should find it goes away quite fast- probably only a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Shopaholic;438706]Can definitely back up the urea based creams such as Eucatol as well. If you use a pumice stone, then apply the cream on the heel, then wear socks for a little while, do this everyday and you should find it goes away quite fast- probably only a couple of weeks :)[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much exactly what I do to… speaking of, my feet are crying out for this right now!! :redcheeks::chuckle:

Wow well since reading this thread I got all motivated to fix my cracked heels!

After spending the last 3 days using a pedi paddle like a mad person & using eucatol my cracks are so close to being gone & are soo smooth:cloud9:

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;438703]I highly recommend the Microplane XL Pro foot file.

I’ve never had softer soles since I got one of these,all other paddles etc.just don’t compare.And once you’ve used it,and applied balm or cream after-heavenly happy feet![/QUOTE]

Did you buy it from that site or did you get it here in Oz?
I need to give my feet some TLC:redcheeks:

I got it from a recommended seller on e-bay Siren.As far as I know that site doesn’t ship here,or it never used to a year ago:waving:

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;438703]I highly recommend the Microplane XL Pro foot file.

I’ve never had softer soles since I got one of these,all other paddles etc.just don’t compare.And once you’ve used it,and applied balm or cream after-heavenly happy feet![/QUOTE]

I Just bought one of these off ebay :elephant::elephant:

:clapping:
Just go easy when you first start,it’s tempting to keep at it but it really doesn’t take much effort to get great results:)

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;438774]I got it from a recommended seller on e-bay Siren.As far as I know that site doesn’t ship here,or it never used to a year ago:waving:[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could PM me the name of them please???:whistle: