D.I.Y Recipies

D.I.Y Recipies

I love making my own little combinations of face masks, as I love knowing exactly whats in them, and being able to make them from everyday ingredients to make my skin very yummy! Do any of you adorables have favourite recipies you like to whip up for your skin?
Here are two of mine;
[B]Honey[/B]- it has to be the easiest mask to make, as all you do is put it on your face out of the jar! Its great for disinfecting, cleansing and toning and making it ultra soft!
[B]Lemon Tea Mask[/B]- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of strong tea (brewed), 1 and a half tablespoons milk powder and 1 teaspoon eggwhite (frothy). Mix ingredients together and voila! This mask brightens, tones, and because of the lemon juice helps control oiliness.

I have a lovely DIY book at home written by Jackie French - I think its a ‘Woman’s Weekly’ type thing. You should have a look for a copy its chockers full of recipes from skincare to perfume to remedies to laundry.

I saw a book like this in Dymocks the other day - i think it was called “Body Works” and its all about natural recipies for toners, cleansers, masks etc…

I didnt have time to buy it but i think i will fo back and get it and try them out (and report back of course!)

i used to make up my own masks
using kaolin [clay] powder, essential oils & moisturiser

I have a great book - Feeding your Skin by Carla Oates. It is full of DIY beauty made from natural/fresh ingrediants. Good fun to do with my girls.

I once made a conditioning treatment for my hair. It had: egg, honey and natural yoghurt in it.

It actually worked! Made my hair super soft.

I have to agree with Serena, honey is fantastic! I use it all the time, and it makes my skin feel so soft and lovely. Sometimes I mix milk or milk powder with the honey as well.

I heard that if you mix bi carb soda and water, then use it as a mask on areas that are affected by blackheads it will get rid of them. Has anyone tried this out?

Hmmm never heard that one GP… ye I’d like to buy a book full of recipies, so i think Ill go check out my local bookstore this week! Fusspot, where do you buy your clay from? I really want to start using clay in my masks, but can’t find them in my local health food stores…

:)[QUOTE=Serena*;23483]Hmmm never heard that one GP… ye I’d like to buy a book full of recipies, so i think Ill go check out my local bookstore this week! Fusspot, where do you buy your clay from? I really want to start using clay in my masks, but can’t find them in my local health food stores…[/QUOTE]

i got mine when i worked in p/macy but i think it was discontinued, though i think i saw something in the leaflet from perfect potion ,have a look at their website :slight_smile:

Yeah Perfect Potion have lots of ingrediants to DIY. There are noted as a stockist in my book too.
You could also try your health food store.

Perfect potion… ok will remember this! If any of you find somewhere where they stock it, please let me know!:wink:

I read on another forum that shall remain nameless that if you crush about ten aspirin and mix with a tiny bit of water to create a paste, and put it on your skin until it dries, your skin will be smooth and poreless!!

Dare anyone to try it.

I double dare :chuckle:

[QUOTE=ozkat;23522]I read on another forum that shall remain nameless that if you crush about ten aspirin and mix with a tiny bit of water to create a paste, and put it on your skin until it dries, your skin will be smooth and poreless!!

Dare anyone to try it.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think I want to waste asprin on my face :chuckle:

I’ve never done any of this. Maybe I should!

Being she who set the high school kitchen on fire making fruit salad in year 8 I think I will continue to buy my products already made:redcheeks:!!

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;23569]Being she who set the high school kitchen on fire making fruit salad in year 8 I think I will continue to buy my products already made:redcheeks:!![/QUOTE]

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: you DIDN’T!?!?! hehe you should post that in the ‘most embarrassing’ thread

Unfortunately it is true! I was playing with the nobs on the stove (first cooking lesson ever) and even though we were making fruit salad I wanted to play with the oven! I just accidently left a tea towel sitting on the plate and didn’t turn the plate off properly. No real harm done just a very burnt tea towel, a school fire alarm and a very irate cooking teacher!:ashamed:

p.s I went on to get the award that year for most improved cooking student, well anything I did after that first lesson would have to be an improvement wouldn’t it!:chuckle: