Discolored Feet-Help?!

Discolored Feet-Help?!

Ya’ll probably won’t be able to help me with this, but I figured I might as well shoot this problemmo of mine out. For the past 3 years or so, my toes have been purple in winter. They don’t hurt or anything, it’s just the color. It isn’t a skin discoloration because when I massage my toes they turn whiter for a minute, then the purple color returns. Sometimes if it gets very cold my entire feet become darkened. Also all year round there are dark spots on the center of my big toe, which I can’t stand because people think it is dirt! Has anyone else encountered these problems? Is there anything I can do about it?

Discolored Feet-Help??!!!

I would say it has something to do with your circulation? I sometimes get purple legs when it’s really cold

Definitley cirtulation. Well, not definitley, but it sounds a lot like it.

Discolored Feet-Help??!!!

Circulation!

[QUOTE=lovelylashes;430700]Ya’ll probably won’t be able to help me with this, but I figured I might as well shoot this problemmo of mine out. For the past 3 years or so, my toes have been purple in winter. They don’t hurt or anything, it’s just the color. It isn’t a skin discoloration because when I massage my toes they turn whiter for a minute, then the purple color returns. Sometimes if it gets very cold my entire feet become darkened. Also all year round there are dark spots on the center of my big toe, which I can’t stand because people think it is dirt! Has anyone else encountered these problems? Is there anything I can do about it?[/QUOTE]

I get this too! Esp in winter. And yep, its circulation related…in my case diagnosed as Raynaud’s Phenomenon. My best advice is to just keep the extremeties warm. Some people recommend warming foods like ginger. Personally ugg boots work the best for me. And fake tan on the feet hides the purple tinge:waving:

[QUOTE=Charlotte;430892]I get this too! Esp in winter. And yep, its circulation related…in my case diagnosed as Raynaud’s Phenomenon. My best advice is to just keep the extremeties warm. Some people recommend warming foods like ginger. Personally ugg boots work the best for me. And fake tan on the feet hides the purple tinge:waving:[/QUOTE] Interesting. I looked up Raynaud’s Phenomenon, it doesn’t quite match what I have. I have also noticed that I have it on my hands a bit as well. Thanks.

If it bothers you, I reckon you should see a doctor. There’s only so much self diagnosis you can do and it sounds like you really want to know what it is and whether you can do something about it. :slight_smile:

It sounds like chilblains if on your hands and feet. They can be red or purple. At least see the pharmacist but best to go the doctor to rule out other causes…it is certainly not just a cosmetic issue. Good luck. :waving:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;430958]It sounds like chilblains if on your hands and feet. They can be red or purple. At least see the pharmacist but best to go the doctor to rule out other causes…it is certainly not just a cosmetic issue. Good luck. :waving:[/QUOTE] I am positive it is not chilblains. The purpleness isn’t lumpy and it is more widespread than chillblains. To everyone who has suggested a doctor: I don’t feel that I need a doctor for this, it’s just one of those things I’ve wondered about.

LL you might just want to mention it on your next visit. Discoloration in the extremities should be investigated, if only to put your mind at ease. Good luck!

Mine do the same thing. I wouldn’t worry about it. I think it has to do with more blood staying in the extremities which are trying to warm up the most, so the blood is drawn to those areas more than others.

Hmm do you get this anywhere other than your toes? The purple colour is clearly a sign of poor circulation in this area. Try warm foot baths and drinking more water