Does anyone have any tips for keratosis pilaris?

Does anyone have any tips for keratosis pilaris?

Has anyone found a solution to get rid of their KP or something that helps to reduce the appearance of KP?

I am currently exfoliating with a KP elements scrub and using Egyptian Magic to moisturise. I have only started it for a week and some days it looks like it is reducing and others it looks the same.

I’m going to continue this routine until I finish the whole tub before I decide if I should continue. But thought I’ll see what other people are doing!

Hey @kabaochuong!

My Sister and I are prone to dry skin building up on the back of our arms (especially in winter time). We both regularly use the Skinstitut- Glycolic Scrub 14% - probably 2 - 3 times a week, and have found it’s removed the texture!

Hi @Vanessa_W
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it and give it a try :slight_smile:

It’s also fantastic at removing ingrown hairs! Hopefully, someone else can suggest a good moisturiser for you. :relaxed:

Definitely second this recommendation! I use the Skintitute Glycolic scrub on my arms and it helps heaps with removing texture. I also use it about 2-3 times per week. I moisturise with Palmer’s body lotion right after a shower and it tends to absorb better when my skin is only just dry.

I think the redness has overall gone down a bit, but sometimes in cooler weather it can stand out a bit more.

@kabaochuong you could try a leave-on product with alpha hydroxy acids to see if that helps? Something like these:

@KateMorrisCEO thank you so much! I am thinking of trying the glycolic scrub and see how that goes first.

Get a hold of some glycolic acid from the ordinary and mix with your body moisturiser. I was recommended put this on daily for 3-4 weeks then use 2-3 times a week. It has worked a treat.

@tinamiller omg this is a genius idea for smooth skin in general! Was just trying to think of products I could use for smooth skin on my legs etc - do you thin this would do the trick?

Thanks @tinamiller that sounds like a great idea! I’ definitely going to try that too. I’ve heard great things about The Ordinary products too. Can’t wait to try it.

Absolutely I have KP on the backs of my thighs as well and use it there to great effect. My shins used to get scaly in winter and this helped enormously. Just remember to use sunblock anywhere you do this. I also tend mix the the GA with reallly moisturising but low or no fragrance moisturiser. La Roche Posay’s Lipikar balm lends itself to this because its so intensely moisturising. Hope this gives you great results!

@tinamiller what proportions do you mix this together in? Do you just pour a bit of your moisturiser and the glycolic acid in your palms or have you made up a batch by pouring glycolic acid into a bottle of moisturiser or something?

I tend to add 3 × drops to about a large strawberry /small golf ball size blob. If I’ve been lazy and not been doing it regularly I may add an extra drop for a little more oomph. While I’m a ‘cocktailer’ by nature I tend not to make up batches from premade products. I’m not knowledgeable enough about preservatives to know what the longer term effects on the efficacy of the products will be.

@katemorrisceo have you tried the Alpha-H resurfacing cloths? Keen to try for some leg smoothing action… alternatively wondering whether I’d be better off with an ASAP exfoliating scrub or similar?

@christined yes I have tried the Alpha-H cloths, they are excellent. And very easy to use, you don’t have to do the whole scrub thing in the shower, just wipe all over and you’re done. BUT you don’t get instant results like you do with a scrub, takes a day or so for the dead skin cells to fall off.

For general skin-smoothing I think they are an excellent option. For fake tan removal, where you need it all off instantly, I would go with a glycolic scrub (Skinstitut or ASAP) with a tan removal mitt.

Thanks @KateMorrisCEO I might have to give them a try! I love peel pads for my face so something for the body would be awesome.

They sound like they would be a great travel option @KateMorrisCEO

yes definitely! No mess no fuss :slight_smile:

@tinamiller AlphaH cloths are really great. I thought was going to be a bit of a gimmick. Actually scored a pack for free in a promo. And haven’t looked back! So quick to exfoliate legs, arms and chest, then slip over and moisturize. Its amazing how much dry skin these remove.

@Vanessa_W I have been looking for recommendations on body scrubs for the shower! So I am so glad I saw your post about Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub! I hate using soap grade scrubs from supermarket. I am definitely going to order this!

Hi @annettebisinella, after @Vanessa_W suggested the Skinstitute Glycolic Scrub, I’ve been using it for the last week and have noticed some reduction in redness and appearance of my bumps. Can’t wait to see how it will go after longer use! Wish you have similar luck with it too!