Does anyone know much about break outs & causes etc?

Does anyone know much about break outs & causes etc?

I had “bad” (oily, pimples) skin in my teens & extremely bad skin during my pregnancy :frowning:
However about 3 years ago my Doctor put me on the Yasmin Pill & it cleared my skin up 100% & i have only gotten the occasional stray pimple since. Now i am for some reason breaking out !!! & really badly ! it began in my eyebrow area (since cleared up after weeks & weeks of horror) & now really badly all along my jaw area. I first thought it was my skin range, but i have been told by two beauticians & a lady on this board that their is no reason why it would break me out. & after beginnng a new skin care range & only seeing a slight difference, if at all, it must be something else I just dont understand what ??
I do eat alot of junk, but ALWAYS have done. I do occasionally smoke, when i occasionally drink :whipcrack:, but always have done. I have not done anything new at all basically.
Anyone have any ideas or good remedys for me ?
My face is soo ick it is driving me nuts.
Maybe i need to go on a detox & cut out everything bad from my diet & see if it works, until i can narrow it down.:shakehead:
Thanks in advance for any advice :worship:

Jawline breakouts are almost always hormonal in my experience… Are they big lumpy red blind ones, or are they forming heads?

They form heads, but not straight away. after about a week or so :frowning:

Agree with cleaning up your diet though. Try drink more water and cut out the junk as much as possible. Your skin may just need a detox

guys be careful… talking about prescription meds is a no no! I know this because I have been guilty of it once!!

:slight_smile:

:redcheeks: :whistle:

Ooops sorry :whipcrack:, i didnt know. Can i not talk about it anywhere on here ? :whistle:

I’d agree with purifying your diet a bit, drinking some water, and adding some exercise in. Your skin may have reached a point where it will now react to all the crappy stuff you’ve been putting into your body (I can’t talk, hehe!). As for the pimply spots, I’d suggest getting onto them with a gel such as Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (awesome) or the Neutrogena blemish-clearing gel (also awesome) after you’ve cleansed. Are you using something with a mild amount of salicylic acid? Even if your pimples are hormonal, keeping the areas as pure as possible will surely help to keep the little buggers under control.

EDIT: I just re-read that you have recently started a new skincare range. I know that when I start a new range, my skin doesn’t like it and goes all out of whack (pimples, sensitivities, etc). Perhaps give it a couple of weeks to calm down or go back to your old products and see if that helps?

[QUOTE=BecQLD;33438]Ooops sorry :whipcrack:, i didnt know. Can i not talk about it anywhere on here ? :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not :frowning: sorry.
That said, it might be worth having a chat with your doc about your pill. Lumpy jawline breakouts = hormones being silly.

[QUOTE=Kate (Staff);33442]Unfortunately not :frowning: sorry.
That said, it might be worth having a chat with your doc about your pill. Lumpy jawline breakouts = hormones being silly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much Kate :kissing:

[QUOTE=ozkat;33441]I’d agree with purifying your diet a bit, drinking some water, and adding some exercise in. Your skin may have reached a point where it will now react to all the crappy stuff you’ve been putting into your body (I can’t talk, hehe!). As for the pimply spots, I’d suggest getting onto them with a gel such as Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (awesome) or the Neutrogena blemish-clearing gel (also awesome) after you’ve cleansed. Are you using something with a mild amount of salicylic acid? Even if your pimples are hormonal, keeping the areas as pure as possible will surely help to keep the little buggers under control.

EDIT: I just re-read that you have recently started a new skincare range. I know that when I start a new range, my skin doesn’t like it and goes all out of whack (pimples, sensitivities, etc). Perhaps give it a couple of weeks to calm down or go back to your old products and see if that helps?[/QUOTE]

OzKat i am washing with my yuva foam wash night & morning & afterwards am toning with witch hazel & then my oil free moisturiser. I am also using yuva exfoliater every second day (it doubles as a mask as it has clay etc in it) so i leave it on for a while i wash hair & all that jazz.
I also only use I.D mineral foundation.

[QUOTE=ozkat;33441]I’d agree with purifying your diet a bit, drinking some water, and adding some exercise in. Your skin may have reached a point where it will now react to all the crappy stuff you’ve been putting into your body (I can’t talk, hehe!). As for the pimply spots, I’d suggest getting onto them with a gel such as Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (awesome) or the Neutrogena blemish-clearing gel (also awesome) after you’ve cleansed. Are you using something with a mild amount of salicylic acid? Even if your pimples are hormonal, keeping the areas as pure as possible will surely help to keep the little buggers under control.

EDIT: I just re-read that you have recently started a new skincare range. I know that when I start a new range, my skin doesn’t like it and goes all out of whack (pimples, sensitivities, etc). Perhaps give it a couple of weeks to calm down or go back to your old products and see if that helps?[/QUOTE]

I should have explained that better sorry.
I began to use Ultraceuticals about 2 & a bit months ago, i began to break out about 3 weeks into it. I persevered with that range up until a week ago & have now gone to Yuva. I dont think it was the skincare now, as the lady at the ultraceuticals counter told me it should not be that, the beautician i got yuva off even told me it probably was not that & Kate from this board also said it was strange. So i can no longer blame it on the product :frowning:
Must be something else.

Hmm…I dont know anything about yuva but a lot of people swear by witch hazel, and your oil-free moisturiser really shouldn’t be contributing. So it must be diet or hormonal factors! Looks like salmon and salad for you, girl!

[QUOTE=ozkat;33455]Hmm…I dont know anything about yuva but a lot of people swear by witch hazel, and your oil-free moisturiser really shouldn’t be contributing. So it must be diet or hormonal factors! Looks like salmon and salad for you, girl![/QUOTE]

Hahaha Yep salmon & salad & steamed veges for me.
i will let you know how it works out, NO JUNK this is going to be hard :explode:

I’ve noticed a few lumps as such on my neck/back area lately and it’s because i’ve been wearing my hair out more now that it’s winter… it’s the oil i think from my hair - well that’s my theory and i’m sticking to it… as i know in summer it’s not such an issue cause it’s usually up…

it’s funny how quickly those darn spots turn up with a simple change to your routine!

[QUOTE=BecQLD;33450]OzKat i am washing with my yuva foam wash night & morning & afterwards am toning with witch hazel & then my oil free moisturiser. I am also using yuva exfoliater every second day (it doubles as a mask as it has clay etc in it) so i leave it on for a while i wash hair & all that jazz.
I also only use I.D mineral foundation.[/QUOTE]

hi Bec, welcome to the forum :waving:

i am wondering if you could be using the exfoliater/mask thingy on for a while too often or too long resulting in your skin trying to compensate by producing more oil?:question: i find this can happen, esp when i leave a purifying mask on too long:redcheeks:

lady ver

[QUOTE=ladyver;33663]hi Bec, welcome to the forum :waving:

i am wondering if you could be using the exfoliater/mask thingy on for a while too often or too long resulting in your skin trying to compensate by producing more oil?:question: i find this can happen, esp when i leave a purifying mask on too long:redcheeks:

lady ver[/QUOTE]

I agree ladyver, could be a contributing factor. Oil glands may be going “she’s just deep cleansed our pores, let’s produce more oil and lead to breakouts”. Ok. so oil glands dont talk but it’s late and I am tired!:shakehead:

In the mean time while your skin is settling down you should pp along to you beauty therapist for some High Frequency. Is an electrical piece of equipment that litterally zaps your breakouts and dries them up over night.:whipcrack: I know it sounds scarry but it work wonders on healing deep lumps. And of course as long as ur not too pustualr you can never go wrong with a good Microdermabrasion :hugs::clapping::glee:

[QUOTE=The_Beauty_Addict;34002]In the mean time while your skin is settling down you should pp along to you beauty therapist for some High Frequency. Is an electrical piece of equipment that litterally zaps your breakouts and dries them up over night.:whipcrack: I know it sounds scarry but it work wonders on healing deep lumps. And of course as long as ur not too pustualr you can never go wrong with a good Microdermabrasion :hugs::clapping::glee:[/QUOTE]

That reminds me TBA, how was your micro? Please spill every detail (I think there is a micro thread…)!

[QUOTE=ladyver;33663]hi Bec, welcome to the forum :waving:

lady ver[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, i will keep the mask to a bare minimum until i clear up xx