Favourite lipstick shades?

Favourite lipstick shades?
5.0 1

I’m all about the red and I love a matte lippy! MAC Ruby Woo is my favourite. I’m keen to branch out though. What are your faves?

Can’t go past a good nude! Love Nars Audacious lipstick in Raquel with its long lasting satin formula. I basically wear it every day and have a back up ready to go :joy:

Smashbox Pretty Social.
pale muted pink.
Matches everything.

Favourite by far… Laura Mercier creme smooth lipsticks. Last forever and never ever drying. Spiced rose is the perfect pinky nude… love love love.

New found love-obsession for Autumn/Winter 2017 - Bare Minerals liquid lipstick in Scandal
All-rounder-when-I-can’t-think-of-what-to-wear - NARS Dolce Vita
Best bargain - NYX lip gloss in Angel Food Cake
Faves from MAC - Spirit (satin), Plumful (lustre)
Spring /Summer shade - Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Ladyflower

My current favourites are:

Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in Carolina [my everyday go-to, a gorgeous raisin coloured nude]
Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Love Lipstick – Bar Red [just discovered this - the colour is so rich and vibrant!]
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color – Cosmic Pink [I usually wear this when I head out, for something a little brighter]

I would probably cry if my fav lipstick was discontinued. My holy grail lipstick is Japanese! Japan isn’t great for interesting shades but for nudes and pinks Japan can’t be beat! It’s Kanebo Coffret D’Or Premium Stay Rouge BE-223. I’m beginning to get worried that I will run out before I can buy a backup :fearful:

My other holy grail contenders…

• Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick - Downtown Plum

• A’Pieu Gel-Like Lip - RD04 Woody Scent (the name gets me every time)

• YSL Glossy Stain - 01 (DISCONTINUED, AND I’LL NEVER RECOVER)

@Shannon_Staff Wahhh I want to try this Japanese lipstick now! Can you only purchase it in Japan? Can’t find online?

You can buy Coffret D’Or online here but it’s risky - some of the shades have shimmer in them which I’m not about. I’m off to Japan this year so I’m trying to hold out!

Although - there’s a blogger I refer to a fair bit for swatches of this range and her preferences are pretty similar to mine - http://alittledabintomakeup.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/coffret-dor-premium-stay-rouge-part-iv.html

Garnet Flame is a very beautiful pink based red shade. i also like it Rouge Dior Lipstick Matte

I absolutely love bright and bold lippies! My current faves are:

• NARS Grace - a very bright pink!
  • NARS Heatwave - an orangey red
  • MAC Morange - a classic red

I also love Lanolips for something easy to manage.

I have wayyyyy too many lipsticks but the one I reach for most often is Laura Mercier’s Rose. It’s a peachy pink that works well for me as a “nude” shade - I like my nudes to have a bit of brightness rather than being dull.

Lately I am also wearing Laura Mercier in Audrey, which is a deeper rose with a browny-plum undertone :ok_hand:

I have tons of lipsticks and I’m currently obsessed with liquid lipsticks, in particular ColourPop liquid lipstick. My favourite and it’s always my go to lipstick is the ColourPop ultra matte lip in Bumble. It’s a gorgeous everyday colour!

Currently loving Raw Sugar from Estee Lauder - it’s the perfect nude for light-medium skin tones, has a beautiful non-drying matte finish and smells delicious!

Guys! I’ve been enabled… Saw the Matte lipstick post on the blog the other day and had to get a hold of the Gerard lipstick in Immortal. Love a classic red! It’s my new fave. So much easier to fill in my lips with the applicator as well compared to a normal lipstick!

Just purchased the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra-Matte Liquid Lipstick in Wine Down! Can’t wait to wear it over the weekend :slight_smile:
Btw Immortal looks amazing on you @christined

Thanks @Shanthi_staff :heart_eyes: ! You’ll look awesome in the Wine Down. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to dip back in for some new colours now .

@ina_j I’m newly obsessed with liquid lipsticks as well! I’m on the Gerard bandwagon right now. Bought their classic red shade, Immortal and have 1995 (a more pinky tone) on it’s way to me right now but just love how easy they are to apply and how well they stay on. I also love a matte lipstick! Will have to check out Laura Mercier as well :slight_smile:

@christined
Can you post swatches of your new Gerard shades? I can’t seem to find any good swatches of this brand online

Hey @happy2be ! Our Content & Social Media Coordinator has written an article about Gerard Cosmetic liquid lipsticks, which include swatches of most of the shades :slight_smile: - https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/this-liquid-lipstick-literally-looks-good-on-everyone/