Getting rid of milia

Getting rid of milia
0.0 0

Ive long suffered from milia (little white bumps under my eyes) and am wondering if anyone else gets this as well?

I think if I just completely stop using eye products it will eventually go away but also I love my eye products and want to keep wrinkles at bay. Help!

Yes @jackie_d ! Me too… I don’t actually use anything under my eyes apart from rosehip oil at the moment. Will that cause it too?
Please someone come forth and save us with your tips.

Hey @jackie_d, are you using particularly rich under eye creams? I’m a total anti-ageing addict like you, but I’m prone to milia too - I found that switching to a gel or serum eye formula was really helpful, and stopped it getting so bad. I quite like the Hylamide SubQ Eyes because it’s still hydrating, but it’s super lightweight:

Oooh thank you @alexandraraymond! That is so helpful. I think I must be using creams that are too heavy. I’m currently using the Skinstitut eye and neck cream, which does feel a bit heavy. I’ve never tried a gel before - thanks for the recommendation.

Also, it does feel so silly to be complaining about milia - the bumps are barely noticeable to anyone else but they still bother me :unamused:

Im using cheap and cheerful eye cream from the super market and I add a drop of cthe ordinary caffeine. And have found that it doesn’t cause me milia. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a cheat on Caroline Hirons blog about treating milia.

are you loving the Ordinary caffeine drops @tinamiller? Any particular feedback? I’m so curious about them! Does it make your skin feel tingly or anything?

If you were suffering from milia then apply these effective home remedies for milia

1. Sugar-Lemon Scrub
    The gritty nature of sugar exfoliates the dead skin cells and unclogs the pores. Lemon juice lightens and brightens the skin leaving a radiant finish. Olive oil moisturizes the skin.
  • Combine juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
  • Apply the mixture on the affected areas.
  • Massage in circular motions for a few minutes and leave it on for 20 minutes.
  • Wash off the application with water and pat dry.
  • Repeat the process 2 – 3 times in a day.
  1. Honey
    The humectant properties of honey lock the moisture in skin cells and avoid dryness. The amino acids, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins nourish and encourage healthy cell production.
  • Combine 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
  • Spread the mixture on the face and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes.
  • Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
  • Repeat the process 3 – 4 times in a week.
  1. Oatmeal Scrub
    The gritty nature of oatmeal sloughs off the dead skin cells and unclogs the pores. Apart from that, its moisturizing properties will provide relief from dryness.
  • Combine 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon each of granulated sugar and raw honey.
  • Mix well and apply the mixture on the affected areas.
  • Scrub gently in circulation motions for few minutes.
  • Leave it on for another few minutes and rinse off with water.
  • Repeat the process 3 – 4 times in a week.
  1. Baking soda
    The exfoliating properties of baking soda unclog the open pores and remove the dead skin cells. It balances the pH levels of the skin.
  • Combine required amounts of baking soda and water.
  • Massage the paste in circular motions for few minutes.
  • Leave it on for few minutes or until dry.
  • Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
  • Repeat the process 2 – 3 times in a week.

Note: People with dry skin should avoid this process as it can make the skin extensively dry.

1. Lemon
    The citric acid of lemon unclogs the pores, dries out the excess oil and removes dead skin cells. The antibacterial properties of lemon kill any bacterial activity.
  • Extract juice of 1 lemon and add a pinch of salt into it.
  • Using a cotton ball, apply the solution on the milia prone areas.
  • Leave the application for 20 minutes.
  • Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
  • Repeat the process daily for 2 weeks.

Alternative: You can just rub a lemon slice on the affected areas. Let the juice dry completely and rinse off with water.

Note: This remedy can cause skin irritation and burning sensation for people with sensitive skin. So, perform a patch test before trying out the process.

1. Castor Oil
    The antibacterial properties of castor oil can heal several skin issues including milia. It also controls the production of excess oil from the skin. You can rub castor oil daily on the affected areas and leave it overnight. Or else follow the below process.
  • Combine equal amounts of castor oil and olive oil.
  • Massage the mixture on the affected areas.
  • Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse off with water.
  • Repeat the process once in 2 days.

Alternative: You can use baking soda instead of olive oil.

For more check out site given below
Milia treatment

Milia are tiny white bumps that seem on the skin. They’re usually grouped together on the nose, cheeks, and chin, though they may appear elsewhere. They develop when skin flakes become stuck under the surface of the skin.

1. Don’t pick, poke, or try to take out them
  2. Clean the area
  3. Water open your pores
  4. Gently scrub the area
  5. Apply a Manuka honey mask
  6. Spritz some rose water
  7. Try a facial peel
  8. Use a retinoid cream
  9. Opt for a light facial sunscreen

Hi @christined sorry I missed this from you. I’ll be honest the caffeine drops were a miss for me. No noticeable difference at all. I did try using them differently by applying first, allowing to dry and following with a lightweight eye cream - but no change. I won’t be getting these again. Having said that I don’t get a lot of puffiness from fluid retention under my eyes which is what this is supposed to be the most beneficial for.