Help on: best eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara

makeup
Help on: best eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara
0.0 0

Hello everyone,

I am looking for recommendations on all things eye related.
I usually don’t like to spend a lot of time or money as I didn’t think it was worth it however as I am beginning to be more experimential with my eye makeup, I am learning that perhaps I need to upgrade my brands beyond the chemist.

My real challenge is that I need something easy to use.

What does everyone out there use?

Eyeliner can be tricky! I know that some people prefer a felt tip liner and feel like that’s easier, but I personally find that something with a little brush tip is easier personally. I am obsessed with TheBalm schwing liner:

It’s super black and matte, and stays put all day without flaking or doing anything weird.

I don’t know if you’ve had a lot of eyeliner experience, but if you find a felt tip easier my coworker @taylahdistefano finds the Napoleon Neo Noir amazing:

Again, super black and matte, and the felt tip is something a lot of people like.

In terms of mascara, I don’t think I will ever change mascaras from this one by Benefit:

I used to think that there was no point in investing in mascaras, but this one definitely changed my mind. It makes my lashes super long, curly and separated, and you can layer it up without it getting clumpy at all.

In terms of eyeshadow palettes, in my mind you can’t go past the Meet Matte palettes by TheBalm for something super easy to use:

I went for the Meet Matt(e) Trimony because I like warm tones, but they do have the Meet Matt(e) Nude for cooler tones. Super pigmented, easy to blend, and you can’t mess up a good neutral matte eye look.

Hey @lynnemcallister I usually keep things pretty simple with eye makeup but eyeliner is probably my one “can’t live without” when it comes to makeup. I love Eye of Horus. It just STAYS put once it’s set and doesn’t smudge. Plus it’s natural and partly organic!

Meanwhile I am still on the hunt for my perfect mascara! I’m currently using the Mirenesse Lash Whip which I love for the fine brush and the tubing formula which comes off easily. I’d still like something that lengthens my lashes even more though.

Wow! This is far more helpful than I expected. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am looking forward to trying these products. @alexandraraymond @christined

I just recently discovered for myself new big shot mascara from mabeline . It’s amazing. !!! Really high quality performance!

My advice is to start with a nice quality Kohl pencil first. It also depends what eye shape you have. I find that eyeliner or Kohl on my top lash line tends to look too heavy for mine. If I decide the eye look needs it I’ll use Kohl and smudge it out for a smoky look. Kohl is fantastic for tightlining the eye. I started doing that when I was 17, so I was years ahead with the trend…:joy:
Maybe buy a nice Kohl or eyeliner and experiment. Sephora has some great sets of mini products from a lot of good quality brands which I find brilliant for testing out products before going in with the big bucks for something you haven’t tried. I have a stash of mini mascaras, lippies, eyeliner and skin care… :blush:

Tarte have some cool sets of eyeshadows, mascara and lippies. Kat Von Di has a set of a mini matte lip and an eyeliner which is really nice.