Hi Ho Silver

Hi Ho Silver

Hi Everybody,

Thought I’d introduce myself as a new self-grooming male… some of my mates have body washes and exfoliants around when we travel and stay in hotels, and my sister has all her products lying around, but It didn’t really hit me until I looked in the mirror and saw the lovely grey crescents under my eyes that I thought it was time to do something…

As of Saturday I’m the new user of Clarins Men’s Face wash and Moisturising Gel with the added [cute] sample of exfoliator, but I’m a little awash with all these new-fandangled products, which to use and when, so a little/ALOT of guidance ladies and gentleman if you would please.

Sam

Hi Sam. Welcome :waving:

Hi Sam and a big welcome to the forum. Congratulations on taking the initiative to start looking after your skin. I am no skin expert but I do know a lot about different products etc. Starting with what you have purchased I would start:

Cleansing with you cleanser twice per day, once in the morning and once before bed at night. Cleansing really is the most important part of any skin care regime as it gets rid of all the toxins and dirts etc that build up on the skin and cause breakouts etc.

I would use the sample exfoliant scrub you got once to twice a week to start off with. You need only use a small amount and evenly distribute it on your forehead, nose, chin and cheeks. Massage in gently and in small circular motions (remember to massage gently as you don’t want to be too harsh on your skin).

I would suggest moisturising only when and where you need it. Did you get a skin consultation with your purchase. Do you know your skin type?

You also might like to get an eye cream to use on the delicate skin under your eyes. There are many different sorts avaialble and I’m sure Allison or Luisa Brown could recommend one for you. I am currently using Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge eye cream and it is amazing. However I don’t want to give you a heart attack by telling you the price of it so I will leave the suggestions to the professionals!

Good Luck with your skin care!!

Welcome Sam! :waving:

Once you get into a skincare routine it’ll be like second nature and you won’t even notice it. As PCC said, cleansing and moisturising twice a day is the ticket. Also don’t forget to use sunscreen - your skin will definitely thank you, and in 10 years time when all your buddies are looking a bit craggy you’ll be saying “…I told you so!”

If it’s dark circles troubling you, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Adore has some good products for this; might worth posting in the “Ask Allison” section for some expert advice.

Hi there Sam and welcome to the forum!

James (Admin) has used the Hylexin for a short time and thinks it has reduced his dark circles. As for the rest of your routine do post something in the Ask Allison section but make sure you list everything that are using. Clarins Homme is a great range but there are certainly better (more active) options out there particularly if you have any skin concerns. Keep us posted with how you go.:waving:

Hi Sam,

Welcome!! :waving:

Clarins for men do make a great soothing eye gel. Or as Luisa said Hylexin is great for more hard core, stubborn dark circles.
I personally think massage can be just as good as any cream itself too. Used in conjuction with a cream/gel of course. Gets the circulation stimulated and flowing again.

Allison is a great wealth of knowledge and can help you with any skin worry.

Let us know how you go.