High Performance Coverage For The Hard-To-Cover

High Performance Coverage For The Hard-To-Cover
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/high-performance-coverage-for-the-hard-to-cover/

Are you after a high performing full coverage foundation that not only leaves your skin looking like it’s been airbrushed, but also has the longevity to ensure your makeup lasts all night?

Pardon the pun, but I’ve got you covered with this brand, which is specifically designed for covering skin concerns like acne, pigmentation and vitiligo.

My Secrets To Concealing Acne

I've personally struggled with acne throughout my adult life, so I understand the frustration that comes with trying to conceal a breakout. As a professional makeup artist, I think I've finally worked out the best method. Most of us have at least suffered from one bad breakout, a few pimples here or there, or just suffer from acne in general.

Blemishes tend to be sore, red and swollen so covering it up can be tricky, as we don’t want to further aggravate the affected area. Just remember, the rough textural side of acne can’t really be concealed, but you can improve the appearance of redness and unevenness quite easily.

A post shared by Dermablend Professional (@dermablendpro) on Jan 24, 2017 at 10:38am PST

Preparation is key

This is the most important step in managing the texture of your skin. You need to prep your skin before applying your foundation. Make sure your skin is freshly cleansed and moisturised before applying a suitable primer for your skin type.

If you suffer from acne, you may want to opt for a primer with a green base like Dermalogica’s Redness Relief Primer to counteract any redness, or if you have drier skin, make sure you invest in a hydrating formula like Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Foundation Primer.

Perfect Your Application Technique

Using a clean brush (I like Sigma’s F80 Flat Kabuki), start applying Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation to the centre of the face and blend outwards.

The Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation provides a medium to full coverage, which is fantastic for disguising uneven skin tone, blemishes or pigmentation. It feels lightweight on the skin, with a smooth texture and a non-drying finish.

Try not to go too heavy on your coverage, instead spot treat any harder to cover areas with Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer. Just use a concealer brush to blend the product into the skin.

A post shared by Dermablend Professional (@dermablendpro) on Mar 25, 2017 at 12:07pm PDT

Setting it in place

For long-lasting coverage, setting your face is crucial. I recommend applying Dermablend Loose Setting Powder all over your face with a clean powder brush, then wait a couple of minutes before dusting off any excess product.

Finally, use a setting spray to keep your makeup fixed, and to give the skin a boost of hydration so you avoid that cakey look.

A post shared by Dermablend Professional (@dermablendpro) on Apr 7, 2017 at 6:34am PDT

My Advice:

I know it's hard to go makeup-free when you're self conscious about your skin, but it's honestly the best thing you can do for your skin. If you wear makeup to work all week, try to give it a break on the weekends, and make sure you remove it as soon as you get home each night.

Cleansing your skin properly after wearing makeup, and using acne suitable skincare will also help to reduce breakouts caused by congestion. If you need some help choosing the right skincare for you, contact us here.

★★★★★ Skin Savior - Brittany

"Let's just say I LOVE this product! I had been searching for a medium to full coverage foundation for a long time and wanted to make sure it didn't seem cakey and obvious. I use this product every day and it evens my skin tone perfectly without being heavy at all. It also has a velvety texture and makes my skin look airbrushed a little. When I go out on weekends I use the full coverage powder over the top and my skin is flawless! I have hooked almost all of my friends onto this and they all love it. I highly recommend for any use!"

Shop Dermablend here