How Does Mud Tackle Your Congestion?

How Does Mud Tackle Your Congestion?
0.0 0

Originally published at:

I’m sure you’ve used a standard clay or mud mask before, right? The product I’m about to tell you about is different to anything you’ve tried - especially when it comes to targeting congestion.

Your usual go-to clay mask works by absorbing surface impurities, which does clear congestion and make your skin feel softer and cleaner, but usually those results are temporary.

NIOD’s Flavanone Mud takes a completely different three-phase approach to decongesting the skin, guaranteeing a glowing complexion and ongoing longer-term results.

Before After

What You Need To Know:

- Uses a unique three-phase system to help purify and protect the skin
  • Contains decongesting kaolin clay, black mud & flavanone derived from citrus peel

• It removes surface impurities, deeply cleanses & protects skin against pollution

• The rinse-off mask only requires a thin layer of product to work its magic

• It’s bright orange in colour and dries down like a normal mud mask

• It’s ideal for adding a glow to the skin, breaking down congestion & tackling dullness

• Can be used once weekly, or once daily over 5 days for accelerated results

Buy it here

About The Phases:

Purifying Phase: Black Amazonian Clay dissolves surface impurities, pollutants, makeup build-up and excess oil, while copper-rich Brazilian Clay supports the skin's natural barrier to promote a smoother, more refined complexion.

Protective Phase: This second phase shields against environmental aggressors and the causes of premature ageing. Anti-inflammatory ingredients further protect the skin from future damage.

Responsive Phase: The final phase of this mask involves highly-purified flavanone (derived from citrus peel), which supports the skin’s immune response to reduce inflammation and damage.

How To Use:

NIOD's Flavanone Mud is designed to be used once per week. Experiencing a mild stinging sensation is totally normal, which actually increases for a few minutes after the product is rinsed off.

Simply apply evenly on clean, dry skin as a very thin even layer and leave on for 10 minutes. You will notice instant results immediately after the first use, but the benefits will be more obvious up to 48 hours afterwards.

As I mentioned above, this mask can be used once weekly or you can opt for an accelerated method. Use the mask once per day for the first five days followed by weekly maintenance applications.

Vanessa's Verdict:

Our resident makeup artist, Vanessa, tried out NIOD's Flavanone Mud to tackle some congestion and breakouts. Here's her verdict:

"Nothing is more frustrating than suffering from acne/breakouts when you are nearly 30. My breakouts usually are random spots all over my face and a cluster of deeper pimples across my jaw line. The first time using NIOD Flavanone Mud, I was pleasantly surprised with the instant results - well, not “instant” but I could definitely notice a difference in texture and redness in my skin. It removed quite a few of the smaller pimples, redness and the congestion.

After a couple of uses of the Flavanone Mud, it has brought out some of those deeper pimples across my jawline, which makes me think it really is actively decongesting my skin. The mask has a faint clinical smell which isn’t an unpleasant smell, it’s just not what I usually expect from a masque. The texture is a little bit gritty but glides across the skin, and leaves your skin feeling tight and refreshed.

I’d recommend this product to anyone who is prone to breakouts or is looking for a product to help with their congestion. It would be suitable for sensitive skin, however you should always do a test patch first. I’ve really enjoyed using this product and the results I’ve been getting. It’s definitely a mask that I will be repurchasing after I’ve finished my current bottle."

Buy it here

What's Everyone Else Saying?

★★★★★ Brilliant - Lucienne

"This mask does exactly what it says. It only requires a small amount on application as it's very spreadible so it should last a while. It does start a slight tingly hot sensation on application that ramps up when you remove with water. As this was expected I felt I knew it was doing its job. I'm very impressed as it clears congestion, oil and my face is left feeling sparkling without the tight, dry feeling some masks can leave after use. My skin also appears brighter. After only a couple of uses this is one mask I know will remain in my beauty arsenal. I highly recommend."

★★★★★ Best Mask I've Ever Used - Laura

"The title says it all, this product is by far the best mud mask that I have ever used. The tingling sensation it warns you about is definitely there after you wash it off but it always settles down rather quickly and it makes me actually trust it's doing something to my skin. I use this 2 times a week to help draw out toxins in my acne prone skin and I absolutely love it. My skin is looking a lot better than it has in years and this product is definitely a defining factor in that."

★★★★★ I needed to come review it! - LD

"I'm trying the accelerated usage listed in the directions here and I'm on day 3 of 5. This mask is dragging things out of my skin that I've had zero success dealing with EVER. I was diagnosed with acne as a teen and have had it continue into adult acne as I'm now in my 20s with no signs of it abating, and have tried a vast number of different acne medications to no avail. 3 days of this and the congestion in my face is finally clearing and my most troublesome spots are healing up! It does genuinely work. My skin is purging still but overall has never looked or felt better."

Shop NIOD Flavanone Mud Here