How long do you wear nail polish?

How long do you wear nail polish?

How long does it take for you to get bored of the colour that you’re wearing? Or maybe it chips and you can’t be bothered fixing it?

I’ve been wearing the same colour for three weeks now, and I was just thinking how long that is. I almost feel like my nails are meant to be purple.

I don’t like chipped polish,so when that happens I take it off and start again.Sometimes I put the same colour back on again if I’m loving it.I love the Rimmel 60 second in Pompous,a dark glittery purple,with a good top coat i can get almost three weeks wear on toes:heartbeat:

I just wear it until I get bored of the color. I don’t really care about chipping :chuckle:

Chips really annoy me:ashamed:

Me too.

So. Badly.

Too long.
I get lazy and just paint anther colour straight over the top :ashamed:

[QUOTE=Medusa;336995]Too long.
I get lazy and just paint anther colour straight over the top :ashamed:[/QUOTE]

LOL yea me too !!

I have new polish on now…a new colour , OPI “Here today…Aragorn tomorrow” - ultra dark green.

Last lot of polish I had on:redcheeks::redcheeks: I left on until it chipped and wore of so bad I only had spots left on about 4 nails:redcheeks::redcheeks:

Though in the end I was only doing it to see how long it would take for it to all disappear, I think I had it on for 2 months all up:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Same!! I absolutely hate chipping, so my fingernail polish usually only lasts about 2-3 days before I take it off. On my toes, however, it usually has a lifespan of about two or three weeks. I do sometimes get bored of the colour but usually I’m too lazy to take it off and start again unless it’s chipped (or for a special occasion).

For my toes, I sometimes go with a red or pink, but usually they stay coral. :heartbeat:

[QUOTE=Lou lou;337054]LOL yea me too !!

I have new polish on now…a new colour , OPI “Here today…Aragorn tomorrow” - ultra dark green.

Last lot of polish I had on:redcheeks::redcheeks: I left on until it chipped and wore of so bad I only had spots left on about 4 nails:redcheeks::redcheeks:

Though in the end I was only doing it to see how long it would take for it to all disappear, I think I had it on for 2 months all up:chuckle::chuckle:[/QUOTE]

I literally couldn’t do that!:chuckle::ashamed:

[QUOTE=Vanillaheart;337056]Same!! I absolutely hate chipping, so my fingernail polish usually only lasts about 2-3 days before I take it off. On my toes, however, it usually has a lifespan of about two or three weeks. I do sometimes get bored of the colour but usually I’m too lazy to take it off and start again unless it’s chipped (or for a special occasion).

For my toes, I sometimes go with a red or pink, but usually they stay coral. :heartbeat:[/QUOTE]

I love coral toes.I think it’s the perfect colour,polished but fun!What are some of your fave shades?

Mine usually lasts about a week, and then when it starts to chip I take it all off and start again with a different colour.
OPI nail polish is my favourite brand. if you use a base coat and top coat, it lasts longer and doesn’t seem to chip as much. Though I guess it depends on what you are doing to knock them around? ie housework et et :slight_smile:

Umm…my favourite coral shades? OK…I love:

OPI Cajun Shrimp
OPI Nicole Alert!
OPI Lunch at the Delhi (a pinkier coral)
Rimmel Coralicious (definitely a big big fave)
Rimmel 60 Seconds in Sunny Side :heartbeat:
Chi Chi in Fashion Police (again, quite pink)

I quite like Revlon’s Kiss Me Coral.

Oh I forgot Revlon’s Kiss Me Coral. It’s quite sheer and shimmery, so I layer it over pinks or oranges to turn them more coral. Very versatile and beautiful, I’ve gone through about three bottles.

I usually leave my nailpolish for around 4 to 5 days (fingers). Then take it off and redo, or do a different colour.
I tend to leave the toes for around a week or so. :whistle:

[QUOTE=Vanillaheart;337110]Oh I forgot Revlon’s Kiss Me Coral. It’s quite sheer and shimmery, so I layer it over pinks or oranges to turn them more coral. Very versatile and beautiful, I’ve gone through about three bottles.[/QUOTE]

That’s a really good idea Vanilla. I love Kiss Me Coral but didn’t think of doing this. :yum:

[QUOTE=Vanillaheart;337103]Umm…my favourite coral shades? OK…I love:

OPI Cajun Shrimp
OPI Nicole Alert!
OPI Lunch at the Delhi (a pinkier coral)
Rimmel Coralicious (definitely a big big fave)
Rimmel 60 Seconds in Sunny Side :heartbeat:
Chi Chi in Fashion Police (again, quite pink)[/QUOTE]

Great list,thanks VH! I love Lunch at the Delhi too,haven’t seen those Rimmel ones but will keep an eye out.Revlon have a couple new ones which look promising;Make mine Mango and Guava Glam.Actually,not sure if the Guava one is new…

zoya make a beautiful coral called Heidi :heartbeat: I LOVE IT.

i usually leave my polish on for 3-4 days? but lately i have been so super lazy through winter, have been getting a mani every week or so and removing that when it chips and waiting to get my nails done again… i just haven’t been able to find the time at night to always be painting :frowning:

Oh god me too. I usually paint my nails and then after 1-2 days take it off. I paint my nails 2 or 3 times a week.

Trialling a new Rimmel today,Rapid Ruby:heartbeat::heartbeat: hoping it will stay chip free for at least a few days.

I wear my polish for a max of 2 weeks and the earliest is when I see a chip on my polish. I don’t like seeing chips and most of the time they appear on my thumbnail.