How long do you wear nail polish?

How long do you wear nail polish?

i have my nails done every week… take off the color and rest for 2-3 days before having it colored again… i put on henna before i have it colored by normal polishes because it makes my nails harder and does not chip off easily. it’s like protection on my nails…

I want to get Shellac!!!:penguin: Just like gel but NO damage to your nails and 3 free as well!Coming to our shores in July hopefully.
http://www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-hybrid.aspx

Ooooooh!

There’s a few vids on youtube.Been wasting time watching them all morning:whistle:

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;407194]I want to get Shellac!!!:penguin: Just like gel but NO damage to your nails and 3 free as well!Coming to our shores in July hopefully.
http://www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-hybrid.aspx[/QUOTE]

This looks fantastic! I was getting the Biosculpture but it was peeling a lot after my hands being in water and was costing me at least $30-$50 every 3 weeks. So can you do this yourself?

Unfortunately no.It’s going to be a salon only thing.They’re trying to get women to go back to ‘getting’ their nails done as the booming DIY market is taking over sales.

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;407265]Unfortunately no.It’s going to be a salon only thing.They’re trying to get women to go back to ‘getting’ their nails done as the booming DIY market is taking over sales.[/QUOTE]

I love going to get my nails done at the salon. It’s just trying to organise an appointment around babies, toddlers and shift workers and then hoping it remains for a decent amount of time. That’s why I gave up the bioscuplture and just do my own again now. I actually file my nails short cause I prefer them that way it’s just the polish. I hate when they start to chip. So not a fan of that look but I have sported it one too many times lately I think…

That’s why I’m so excited about the Shellac.I prefer dark colours on my nails so I’ll be very happy not to have to worry about chips for a whole two weeks at a time!

Agreed dark colours look so much better on me. Light colours look yuk. Sounds pretty good.

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;407194]I want to get Shellac!!!:penguin: Just like gel but NO damage to your nails and 3 free as well!Coming to our shores in July hopefully.
http://www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-hybrid.aspx[/QUOTE]
Interesting…I used to use shellac in art!

[QUOTE=elmo;407294]Interesting…I used to use shellac in art![/QUOTE]

Mmm, me too! I loved Shellac… Is this stuff made out of beetle wings too?

All I can find is that it includes monomers and polymers,no mention of bugs at all.Doesn’t mean they’re not in there I guess…

Iiiinteresting… it does look very very shiney!!

Here’s hoping we actually get a salon offering it in WA.Eastern staes are a given but you never know over here.

[QUOTE=Pixie;407360]Mmm, me too! I loved Shellac… Is this stuff made out of beetle wings too?[/QUOTE]

Loved that stuff too! Kinda gross, but whatevs! Looked great!

Just on the Shellac note, we do it at my salon and I am OBSESSED with it. I’m seriously considering getting a UV lamp and some colours so I can do it on myself at home! :chuckle:

It’s a combination of certain facets of gel and nail polish. As LBB said it contains solvents, monomers and polymers. It applies like a nail polish but it is cured under a lamp and it wears like a gel. It’s also super shiny!

I can’t stand having chipped polish so i touch my nails up every night & have the same polish on for 2 or 3 days. My hands & nails take a beating with my job so 3 days is about the max for me, even with base coat, 2 coats & top coat. I have about 25 Ulta 3 colours now & even then i get bored sometimes & have to go out & buy more. At $2.25 it’s not a problem though!

I must have my toes painted at all times. I’m fantaical about it :rollthoseeyes: They just look weird without polish? They are bare at the moment & its driving me mental but the nail doesn’t look that great so I’m thinking I should give it a rest. They are usually discoloured with a yellowish stain from the dark colour I usually paint them but the surface of the nail also looks rough as if I’ve sandpapered them. I’m assuming this is from always having them covered in polish, right?

[QUOTE=Medusa;448147]I must have my toes painted at all times. I’m fantaical about it :rollthoseeyes: They just look weird without polish? They are bare at the moment & its driving me mental but the nail doesn’t look that great so I’m thinking I should give it a rest. They are usually discoloured with a yellowish stain from the dark colour I usually paint them but the surface of the nail also looks rough as if I’ve sandpapered them. I’m assuming this is from always having them covered in polish, right?[/QUOTE]

Mine are the same M. Not discoloured but they look rough, even though they aren’t. I assumed that it was probably from having them painted all the time so I am trying to take a break from it as well. It’s not so bad now that it’s getting colder and I am wearing more closed toed shoes :chuckle: I have also noticed that they look better if I rub something moisturising into them. I’ve been using Nutrimetics Nutri-Rich Oil.

I always prefer to have painted toe nails too! I feel they just look ugly otherwise! Though they def do get discoloured etc. I’m yet to find a really good base coat so would love any suggestions. I find a good pedi gets them into shape again - they seem to buff them into submission so they don’t look so bad!