How long do you wear nail polish?

How long do you wear nail polish?

Mine only ever seems to last for 3-4 days maximum before the colou starts to flake off. I wish they would last longer!.

[QUOTE=elmo;448151]I always prefer to have painted toe nails too! I feel they just look ugly otherwise! Though they def do get discoloured etc. I’m yet to find a really good base coat so would love any suggestions. I find a good pedi gets them into shape again - they seem to buff them into submission so they don’t look so bad![/QUOTE]

ME too!!! I am hating not having mine done, I can’t reach! I might need my first pedicure, I just am weird about people touching my feet

I’ve tried tons of base coats & always use one. If you use dark shades at best they minimise staining. Yet to find one that stops it all together.

[QUOTE=loolabelle;448219]ME too!!! I am hating not having mine done, I can’t reach! I might need my first pedicure, I just am weird about people touching my feet[/QUOTE]
:chuckle: It is weird! I’ve seen a podiatrist the past 2 weeks and it’s such a weird situation with someone touching your feet. But I also kinda like it. I desperately want to go get a mani/pedi now!

[QUOTE=Medusa;448234]I’ve tried tons of base coats & always use one. If you use dark shades at best they minimise staining. Yet to find one that stops it all together.[/QUOTE]

Any recs M?

OPI is a fave.

I change colours every few days - I have way too many nail polishes not to :slight_smile:

I change my manicure every week. I do nail art on my nails and I want a new design every week. I have over 300 bottles of fingernail polish and so I have a lot to work with :o)

only recently been into it, i change every 7 days - even if its chipped im too lazy to remove and reapply so frequently

The best base coat that I have found is Seche Vite base coat. I use their top coat too. I do my fingernails and toes every week with color and nail art and my fingernails and toes are not yellow…why not give it a try.

You can order Seche Vite online at Sally Beauty Supply or get it in their stores ;o)

Well, about every day, sometimes once a week.

Whether it chips or not, I only let nail polish stay on my nails 3 days maximum. Sometimes I take the polish of on day 2. Then I go without nail polish for 1 t o 2 weeks before I apply nail polish again.

I usually paint another colour straight over the exsiting colour.

I change mine weekly :slight_smile: Every sat afternoon I do a face mask and paint my nails. So relaxing

[QUOTE=Medusa;336995]Too long.
I get lazy and just paint anther colour straight over the top :ashamed:[/QUOTE]

LOL I do exactly the same thing.

I get sick of the color SO easily so I probably change my polish about 2 times a week. I always hear that that’s a lot and “who has time for that?” but I think once you get in the habit it’s really not hard. The funny thing is that I always love the pinks and reds. SO even though I change my nail color often, it’s still very similar. lol If I really love a color on my nails it’ll maybe last a week but gets changed as soon as I see signs of chipping!

That’s a really good idea! I should definitely start doing that.

My nail polish chips so quickly. I think because I use my hands all day long, I don’t notice the chips until I wake up with them in the morning!

On hands, it chips easily so most likely only 2 days and then I will paint it again after a week. I read that nails need to have some breathing time too :slight_smile: On my feet, nail polish lasts longer so usually a week or 2 before I change.