How long have you gone without washing your hair? Lol

How long have you gone without washing your hair? Lol
0.0 0

Which dry shampoo has gotten you through the toughest times when the thought of washing your hair seems too tiresome to fit into your busy schedule?

I stopped washing my hair every second day years ago and it made a BIG difference to my hair health. I now wash roughly every 5 days but can stretch it out to 7, maybe even 8, with a bit of dry shampoo. Certainly easier to get away with this in winter and when I’m not doing super sweaty workouts!

My hair seems a lot healthier the less I wash it which seems counterintitiive but I guess makes sense when you think about how your hair oils are produced!

I think I could push it to 10+ days but psychologically I don’t think I could do it! :joy::weary:

I can’t do more than 5 days without washing. And by that time it is feeling GROOOOSSSSSS. But it still looks passable if I use lots of evo water killer from day 3.

I like to dry-shampoo at night and then sleep with it in. Takes some of the powdery look out :ok_hand:

Lmao I love this question! Personally I can’t hack the idea of not washing my hair - though my hair is short, uncoloured and I’ve got no main concerns - plus I work out most days!

Probably the longest I’ve gone is when I’ve been too sick to get out of bed, and I sure couldn’t be bothered with dry shampoo then either hahaha!

My fav dry shampoo is either the Kevin.Murphy as it’s practically invisible and smells great, or I’m also a fan of good ole Batiste :smiley: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/kevin-murphy/kevin-murphy-fresh-hair.html

@Shannon_Staff it’s certainly an exercise in psychology I think! I wouldn’t dream of not washing my face and doing my skin routine morning and night and showering once or twice a day is totally the norm… but when it comes to hair I’m now so much more relaxed! I used to be super freaked out about it.

Come Summer it’s every 3-4 days but winter is a different story altogether! What’s your thoughts on those no-wash people who just stop using shampoo altogether? That idea totally grosses me out :astonished:

I have some EVO water killer on the way actually! I was waiting for my last dry shampoo to run out before taking up your recommendation from the Dry Shampoo topic. Looking forward to trying it.

I wash every four days and use dry shampoo between. I love Kevin.Murphy Fresh. hair dry shampoo!

I bought the EVO water killer a few weeks ago and it’s awesome. I’ve also gotten compliments on how nice my hair smells. If only people knew I was just covering up dirty hair! Haha

@karendurso - to answer your question I think the longest for me is 7 days once when I went camping but when not camping I can probably only stretch out 4-5 days and that’s with Dry Shampoo daily from day 3 onwards.

I wash only once a week. My roots don’t get oily so I really don’t need too. I also don’t use much styling products. I’m a mum so my hair often in a bun. My hair routine has never been so easy. That being said I still use a heat protectant, leave in treatment, and a hair Mark. I don’t neglect my hair just because I rarely wash it. It’s never felt healthier although I with I had more hair.