Is getting rid of blackheads a myth? I feel like I've tried everything!

Is getting rid of blackheads a myth? I feel like I've tried everything!
0.0 0

Is getting rid of blackheads a myth? I feel like I’ve tried everything!
I have used multiples masks, scrubs, cleansers, microdermabrasion (did help a bit) etc.
Has anyone found any miracles? Or do you feel like you’re in the same boat as me?
My main problem area is my nose.
#halp

I feel you on this topic @hayleyfulton. I kind of feel like this has been a lost cause for me too. Sometimes I feel like I do get rid of them very temporarily (like 24 hours!) but they always sneak back in. Nose for me also. I would love to hear of some miracle treatment too.

Me too re nose blackheads.

Q switched laser melts blackheads straight away. I get it done at a Clearskin clinic in Melbourne, it’s about $150 a treatment and also helps pigmentation and general tone

I used to have the same problem until a friend recommended using BHA, a chemical exfoliant. I use paula’s choice 2% BHA and I have fewer blackheads. Would highly recommend!

Do they come back again quickly though @helenmillar?

There are many methods for getting rid of blackheads, some are preventative, like checking your makeup and keeping it clean, as well as healthy eating and drinking plenty of water. But then, there are also many final masks and treatments that are available. Feel free to read about some of them here.

I have mature, post.oily/acne skin and I haven’t noticed the blackheads returning, but I can’t soeak for younger skin

You need to focus on reducing oil flow and shrinking the pores, you can’t “get rid of” blackheads because it’s just oil that has oxidised and you’ll always have oil. So the best you can do is to keep your skin clean with actives, and getting treatments/ products that focus on balancing the oil and shrinking the pores :slight_smile: