Is Post-Pregnancy Hair Loss Getting You Down?

Is Post-Pregnancy Hair Loss Getting You Down?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/is-post-pregnancy-hair-loss-getting-you-down/

We get a lot of questions come through to our customer service team from pregnant or post-partum women. From suitable skincare, to haircare and everything in between - of course you want to make sure all your products are safe to use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

A common question I wanted to address is post-pregnancy hair loss. Why does it happen, how can you treat it and when will it grow back?

Why Am I Experiencing Hair Loss?

Okay, so a lot of us will notice our hair changes when pregnant. Our hair grows in cycles, and these cycles are altered during pregnancy (the wonders of hormones!), so most women will experience much thicker hair during pregnancy. It's after pregnancy that our hair growth cycle returns to normal, often causing (sometimes significant) hair loss and excess shedding.

Women usually notice this hair loss around 3 months post-partum, and it can take up to 12 months to return to normal. It’s thought to be caused by a rapid drop in pregnancy hormones paired with the resumption of the hair’s natural growth and shedding phases. Ladies, it’s only temporary - but I do have a solution for you if you’re noticing considerable thinning and want to combat hair loss.

A post shared by évolis Professional (@evolisprofessional) on Mar 2, 2017 at 8:06am PST

What Can I Do About It?

évolis Professional's Reverse 3 Step System might be the answer. It works by inhibiting FGF5, which is the protein that regulates the hair growth cycle, and can be the root of hair loss. By inhibiting FGF5, the active growth phase is extended, ultimately boosting hair growth and reducing hair loss.
  • The system includes a shampoo, conditioner & activator to increase scalp health

• Designed for people suffering from thinning hair

• Delivers hydration while not weighing your hair down

• The hair is left feeling shinier, fuller & healthier

• Formulated with a blend of natural actives & antioxidants

• Enhanced with keratin & wheat protein to support hair health

• Free from parabens, silicones, SLS, SLES & phthalates

• Suitable for all hair types, as well as colour-treated hair

Note: The shampoo & conditioner are considered safe to use while breastfeeding, but it is advised to just check with your GP if the activator is safe for you to use, as it is designed to penetrate the scalp.

Buy here

The Results:

Using all three products together as directed, 95% of participants in an évolis Professional trial noticed an increase in hair thickness within 90 days. I'd definitely recommend using évolis Professional for a minimum of 4 months for the best results, but you may notice results much sooner, like:
  • Less hair fall or ‘shedding’ in the first 30 days of use

• Short fine hairs visible in thinning areas after 1-2 months

• Change in hair texture, strength, smoothness & manageability in 2-4 months

★★★★★ Awesome product - Eileen

"My hair was dry, brittle and frizzy. Very hard to manage. The front of my hair line, when pulled back, had a lot of areas where I did not have hair. I'd been noticing hair loss after I'd washed it, I'd find a lot of hair in my brush. Evolis immediately made my hair smoother and less frizzy, and just easier to work with. Within 4-6 weeks I started noticing it making a difference to the texture of my hair, and I now have the full, young healthy hair I once had."

★★★★★ You can feel the texture & fullness - Martha

"I was experiencing a significant amount of hair loss, so I decide to look for products and Evolis was suggested. It didn't take long for me to see visible results. I could actually see new growth right away - for me the results were immediate. I was amazed at the difference, and how simple the process was. It's a product I'll use forever."

Buy évolis Professional Reverse 3 Step System here