Is Your Foundation Giving You Acne?

Is Your Foundation Giving You Acne?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/is-your-foundation-giving-you-acne/

My short answer is probably not. But I’m going to explain that answer a little more. It’s not just your foundation causing breakouts, it’s probably a combination of factors associated with your foundation.

So let’s get to the bottom of what’s causing your troublesome skin.

Are You Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes?

Surely you've heard this one before? Clean makeup brushes are an absolute must for everyone, but especially if you have acne-prone skin. Bacteria builds up very quickly on your makeup brushes, which can cause all sorts of issues, including breakouts. As a professional makeup artist, I'm super vigilant about keeping my brushes germ-free.

I recommend: Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner

- This heavy-duty brush cleaner is quick to dry, with no rinsing required
  • It cleans, conditions and deodorises both natural & synthetic brushes

• Allows you to hygienically sanitise your brushes on the go

• Leaves your brushes fragranced with with a light vanilla scent

Buy here

A post shared by CINEMA SECRETS PRO (@cinemasecretspro) on Mar 8, 2016 at 7:06pm PST

Are You Removing Your Makeup Properly?

Effectively cleansing away all your makeup is crucial. I always recommend double cleansing when you’ve been wearing makeup. Your first cleanse removes your makeup, then your second cleanse removes anything left over, as well as dirt and oil. For acne-prone skin, I also can’t go past a cleansing device to guarantee clean skin.

I recommend: Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Cleansing System

• Makeup is removed six times more effectively than traditional methods

• The appearance of pores are visibly reduced

• Cleanses so thoroughly that skincare applied afterwards absorbs better

• Skin appears brighter, healthier and clearer

Buy here

Are You Using The Right Makeup For Your Skin Type?

This is a tricky one, because what works for some acne-prone skin types, may not work for others. My first recommendation here is to opt for a foundation that is non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores), or a mineral formula designed for sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I recommend: asap pure mineral foundation

• Delivers sheer, flawless coverage with SPF 15 protection

• Gives the skin a beautiful luminous finish, with natural-looking coverage

• The lightweight formulation still allows the skin to breathe

• Contains anti-inflammatory ingredients help to calm and soothe the skin

• Suitable for sensitive skin types including acne, rosacea, pigmented and allergy-prone skin

Buy here

A post shared by asap skin products (@asapskinproducts) on Aug 17, 2016 at 9:40pm PDT

Shop Sensitive & Acne-Friendly Makeup Here