Kosmea

Kosmea

We have raved and raved about the rosehip oil, but when i was purchasing my new batch of rosehip oil the other day i noticed the Kosmea cleanser and moisturiser, which contain the rosehip oil.

Has anyone used this before?

Here are some links:
Face wash: http://www.kosmea.com.au/aspx/product_display.aspx?pID=265
Cream cleanser: http://www.kosmea.com.au/aspx/product_display.aspx?pID=260
Scrub: http://www.kosmea.com.au/aspx/product_display.aspx?pID=266
Moisturiser: http://www.kosmea.com.au/aspx/product_display.aspx?pID=267

Hey tim tam,

I love the rosehip oil and have tried the facial wash but did not like it. My skin is very oily but can be sensitive and it made it feel very tight and itchy after using it for a while.

A few years ago I used the moisturising cream and really loved that, though.

I saw a thing about Kosmea Rose Hip Purifying Clay Mask in a Good Medicine magazine the other day while waiting for an appointment, and I’m thinking about trying it after my Innoxa one finishes up. I really like the sound of the clarifying clay mixed with the benefits of rose hip, especially for oily skin. They’re available at most health food stores, while I love. Does anybody who has oily or combo skin use rose hip oil? I’ve never really been game to use it because I don’t want to cause any more breakouts:ashamed:

[QUOTE=Melita;13866]I saw a thing about Kosmea Rose Hip Purifying Clay Mask in a Good Medicine magazine the other day while waiting for an appointment, and I’m thinking about trying it after my Innoxa one finishes up. I really like the sound of the clarifying clay mixed with the benefits of rose hip, especially for oily skin. They’re available at most health food stores, while I love. Does anybody who has oily or combo skin use rose hip oil? I’ve never really been game to use it because I don’t want to cause any more breakouts:ashamed:[/QUOTE]

I’d like to hear some in-depth rosehip oil stories too. I have oily skin and while the natural benefits of rosehip oil are very appealing, I don’t want to risk congestion and/or breakouts. Bring on the recommendations (or otherwise), gals!

I have oily skin most of the time and i use rosehip oil over my whole face at night in place of my moisturiser. I have never found it to cause my face to go oily. You have to apply it while your face is still a little damp, and this causes it to be absorbed really well. I find in the morning my skin tine looks really even and not blotchy as it is usually.

I have found more benefits from the rosehip oil compared to the ultra ceuticals even skinton serum.

I hope that helps!!

Tim Tam, the Even tones serum is completely different to Rosehip Oil. It relies on ingredients to remove dead skin cell build up and assist pigmentation problems. There would be little nourishing or regenerating properties to this one.

Check out an older thread, three whole pages of news and views on Rosehip Oil!

http://forum.adorebeauty.com.au/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=rosehip

[QUOTE=ozkat;13869]I’d like to hear some in-depth rosehip oil stories too. I have oily skin and while the natural benefits of rosehip oil are very appealing, I don’t want to risk congestion and/or breakouts. Bring on the recommendations (or otherwise), gals![/QUOTE]

Hello ozcat,

My skin is oily and the rosehip oil never makes me break out. The fact that it is pure, and lacks additives, thickeners, perfumes etc means that it is less likely to congest the pores (I think so anyway :slight_smile: )

i bought a few essentials today from this range. quite happy with my choices

purifying cream cleanser
replenishing moisturiser
rosehip oil
daily exfoliant
and i got a little travel pack with cleanser, oil and moisturiser.

[QUOTE=tim tam;13874]I have oily skin most of the time and i use rosehip oil over my whole face at night in place of my moisturiser. I have never found it to cause my face to go oily. You have to apply it while your face is still a little damp, and this causes it to be absorbed really well. I find in the morning my skin tine looks really even and not blotchy as it is usually.

I have found more benefits from the rosehip oil compared to the ultra ceuticals even skinton serum.

I hope that helps!![/QUOTE]

Exactley the same as me :wink:
I think it’s fine for oiler skins.

[QUOTE=Alice;37235]i bought a few essentials today from this range. quite happy with my choices

purifying cream cleanser
replenishing moisturiser
rosehip oil
daily exfoliant
and i got a little travel pack with cleanser, oil and moisturiser.[/QUOTE]

good work - i’m looking forward to hear how you go with these!

i got a lovely phone call from the people at simplicite today and my order is on the way :penguin:

[QUOTE=Trash;37268]Exactley the same as me :wink:
I think it’s fine for oiler skins.[/QUOTE]

My skin is seriously oily - [I]really [/I]oily - but rosehip is great on it. My theory is because unlike a lot of moisturizers a pure oil contains no additives like fillers, binding agents, preservatives etc, so it is less likely to cause an imbalance at the skin.

rosehip oil is a non fatty oil hence it works on all skin types , some people with dry skin may need a moisturiser over the top, particularly at night

[QUOTE=ladyver;37386]good work - i’m looking forward to hear how you go with these!

i got a lovely phone call from the people at simplicite today and my order is on the way :penguin:[/QUOTE]

I’m having to return the products I’ve tried to use them in the last 2 days and major reaction! red blotchy face! little red pimples are appearing. a little tingly sensation in my cheeks. I’m going to call the shop I bought the products from and see if I can exchange or get a refund.

[QUOTE=Alice;38252]I’m having to return the products I’ve tried to use them in the last 2 days and major reaction! red blotchy face! little red pimples are appearing. a little tingly sensation in my cheeks. I’m going to call the shop I bought the products from and see if I can exchange or get a refund.[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Which products did you try?

[QUOTE=Sapphire;38418]Oh no! Which products did you try?[/QUOTE]

the moisturiser was the worst thing I could have used on my skin. and cleanser wasn’t too goood either.

[QUOTE=Alice;38437]the moisturiser was the worst thing I could have used on my skin. and cleanser wasn’t too goood either.[/QUOTE]

Which varieties of moisturiser and cleanser? My skin is super sensitive but I can use many of theirs.

[QUOTE=Sapphire;38507]Which varieties of moisturiser and cleanser? My skin is super sensitive but I can use many of theirs.[/QUOTE]

Oh wait a minute…I was talking about simplicite, not Kosmea! I tried the Kosmea cleanser for oily skin and it made my skin feel REALLY tight. No good at all. Their basic, original moisturizer was fine though. Have not tried anything else but the rosehip oil, which is great.

[QUOTE=Alice;38252]I’m having to return the products I’ve tried to use them in the last 2 days and major reaction! red blotchy face! little red pimples are appearing. a little tingly sensation in my cheeks. I’m going to call the shop I bought the products from and see if I can exchange or get a refund.[/QUOTE]

oh no… you poor thing!! hope your skin recovers soon :hugs:

sounds like one to add to the ‘do not purchase’ list!

yeah my do not purchase list is forever long!!!