Lash grower?

Lash grower?

Hi,
I’m looking for a lash grower/enhancer. Not a mascara, but a type of serum that you paint on the skin where your lashes meet your eye. Do you know what I mean? I know there is a really expensive one out there, but is there one that people have used that works? Maybe one that isn’t so expensive? Does the expensive one work?

I used to get the Talika one when I was in the UK and that certainly worked for me! :worship:

I have not bothered looking for it out here though! :redcheeks:

I dunno… Im really skeptical about these types of things. Sorry, not much help!

The Talika one is the probably the least expensive one - not sure where you’d get it in Australia. I’ve heard some people saying that it worked really well for them. I’ve used it (haphazardly admittedly) and didn’t notice any major results but could be worth trying. But yeah not sure on the science behind it and if it’s possible to make lashes grow or whatever

ModelCo have one but I don’t know if it works! It wouldn’t be too pricey though.

Response to lash enhancer question

[QUOTE=Kelly;200305]The Talika one is the probably the least expensive one - not sure where you’d get it in Australia. I’ve heard some people saying that it worked really well for them. I’ve used it (haphazardly admittedly) and didn’t notice any major results but could be worth trying. But yeah not sure on the science behind it and if it’s possible to make lashes grow or whatever[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll check that one out. Here’s and answer that I received from another forum that I’m on regarding the lash enhancers and whether they actually work.

[I]Generally speaking, lash enhancers condition the follicle where the hair meets the skin. The enhancers do not necessarily make the lashes grow longer, but rather allow them to adhere to the skin longer. Our lashes have a normal life span of 30 to 90 days. The lash enhancers make it more likely that your lashes will linger for the full cycle because they are stronger (so they won’t tug off when removing mascara). Some enhancers that claim to “grow” lashes contain ingredients similar to those found in Rogain and other hair growth products (think bald guy) - these ingredients may be dangerous to use around the eye area, so read carefully. Better to condition than to attempt to “grow”. [/I]

The Talika one was originally developed to help burns victims during the 2nd world war, they noticed that as well as helping the skin to heal, it really helped the hair to grow back. Its just like a clear mascara, easy :worship::clapping:

[QUOTE=Kelly;200305]The Talika one is the probably the least expensive one - not sure where you’d get it in Australia. I’ve heard some people saying that it worked really well for them. I’ve used it (haphazardly admittedly) and didn’t notice any major results but could be worth trying. But yeah not sure on the science behind it and if it’s possible to make lashes grow or whatever[/QUOTE]

I actually ordered the Talka last week from the Talka website, but i got the brow one. I’ll report back in a month or so re my progress. I’m not holding my breath though!
There is also a product called Ardell Lash and brow growth accelerator, you can get it in priceline and its cheap! Make Up alley has some good reviews for both these products, check it out.
I have been looking into all this recently as you can see!

Good info - thanks!

Oooh, that’s good info - thanks! I might even buy two different ones and take before and after pics - wouldn’t that be fun??

i have bought the Talika one from adore in the past

[QUOTE=fusspot;200347]i have bought the Talika one from adore in the past[/QUOTE]

You know its funny you should say that Fuss because I’m sure I saw it reviewed a while back… but now its gone! Its made me wonder if adore once stocked it… obviously they did!

[QUOTE=Gilly;200336]The Talika one was originally developed to help burns victims during the 2nd world war, they noticed that as well as helping the skin to heal, it really helped the hair to grow back. Its just like a clear mascara, easy :worship::clapping:[/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds good!

I have the ModelCo 14 day ash and brow growth stimulator (it’s whitish), and I find it’s better for the eyebrows (and seems to work) cause if it gets in your eyes, it stings! The tube lasts for much longer than 14 days…I think the idea begind this product is that it conditions and protects the skin as well as lashes/brows so that nasty free radicals don’t get to it to strat doing the nad things they do…But in the end I think a bottle of Hair, skin and nail vitamins would be more effective!

ooh interesting that the model co seems to work on brows, might give that one a go if the Talika doesn’t fulfill my wishes :chuckle:

[QUOTE=TigerEyes;200567]ooh interesting that the model co seems to work on brows, might give that one a go if the Talika doesn’t fulfill my wishes :chuckle:[/QUOTE]

Talika has got some good reviews TE - think the thing is to use it everyday (i didn’t).

[QUOTE=Kelly;200609]Talika has got some good reviews TE - think the thing is to use it everyday (i didn’t).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I googled it and there was heaps of reviews… mostly good too, meh its worth a try.

my mum has been using one by MD and her lashes look really good as a result. I think i might try that one too… only problem is that its a bit pricey but i do know that it gets results.

:hugs:

[QUOTE=TigerEyes;200343]I actually ordered the Talka last week from the Talka website, but i got the brow one. I’ll report back in a month or so re my progress. I’m not holding my breath though!
There is also a product called Ardell Lash and brow growth accelerator, you can get it in priceline and its cheap! Make Up alley has some good reviews for both these products, check it out.
I have been looking into all this recently as you can see![/QUOTE]

Hi TE,
This one fro Priceline is very cheap yet effective, and I have read in a magazine and asked a beautyeditor, and have found out that you can use castor oil. Just plain castor oil! This has only been recommended for the eyebrows, in which you brush it on before bed, but I think if you are careful enough, it might be alright on the lashes?

Do you think that it would be effective enough if painted on the top lashline like a liquid liner? This is why that priceline one is so cheap I am thinking.

I’ve used Ardell Growth Accellerator which definitely worked because I also used it on my eyebrows for a week or so - they grew back like crazy LOL

I heard of one from the UK somewhere which was meant to be FANTASTIC. It’s not a growth or conditionor but it actually puts small fibres onto the lashes - making them seem thicker. Apparently it worked really well. They didn’t have an Aussie distributor either… maybe Adore might be a good place! (hint hint) LOL if only I could remember the name.

I am obsessed with getting my darn lashes to grow so have tried a few lash growth serum thingies over the years! :ashamed:

The first one was Talika a long while ago, didn’t do much for me actually. Followed by Ardell from Priceline which did something but wasn’t [I]that[/I] noticable.

Then it was Jan Marini which did make a difference to my short stubby lashes, but I got more volume then length.

Now its RevitaLash MD which I have been using it for 3 months now and noticed heaps more length compared to JM, I am absolutely rapted! It has almost tripled the length of my lashes and its made a big difference especially with mascara on. :clapping: