Latest Nail Polish Purchase

Latest Nail Polish Purchase

I just bought the whole OPI Garden Party Collection from TVSN. I seriously can’t wait to wear these all though summer! :hearts:

Oh my god how many nail polishes is that? Was there a special if you buy all of them?

There are 7 nail polishes in the pack for $99!! Too cool!
Here’s the link- https://www.itvsn.com.au/include/sweb.dll/product?product=013063&category=00000&site_id=ITVSN&session_id=999999999917041958&customer_no=

Thanks for putting up the link. I think I need brighter colours though in summer… hmmm… or not…

I like bright colours on my toes and pale colours on my fingers in summer! I can never do brights on my hands… whenever I do I take it off the next day 'cause I get sick of it!

I am so behind on the nail polish trends. I am only just getting into dark colours.

I put in my first order earlier in the week for OPI nailpolishes… I got;

LPAD
Black Onyx
Mrs O’Leary’s BBQ
Light My Saphire.

I can’t wait for them all to arrive so I can play with them… I haven’t used OPI before… :glee:

You will love OPI Angela, they are the only nail polishes I buy!! I mean I would buy Chanel but they are double the price and not doubly nice!! IMO.

I have heard the same thing from other people too. Stuff like that is hard to get where I am tho. I have only just discovered shopping on the web… My poor credit card :redcheeks:

I must admit I rooollly love the names of the OPI polishes. I kept the catalogue, here are my fave names.
Say them out loud with me…

Hey! Get in Lime!
Got a Date To-Knight!
Ladies & Magenta-men
Quarter of a Cent-Cherry
Skinny Dip’in in Lake Michg’n
Not so Bora Bora-ing Pink
Tijuana Dance?
Nice Colour eh?
Diheridoo you nails?
Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire!
I’m not really a Waitress
You’re such a Kabuki Queen
Dress to Empress
Holy Pink Pagoda!
A-Rose at Dawn…Broke by Noon
A True Ab-Original
Aphrodite’s Pink Nightie
You’re a Pisa Work
Suzi sells sushi by the seashore
Will you Mari-achi me?
O’Hare & Nails look Great!

and yes it is really a nail polish, a fawn colour called…
Who Comes up with the Names?

As I am having a huge M.A.C Phase at the moment I have recently purchased a few polishes from .M.A.C! I only wear polish on my toes and just a coat of clear on my fingers (and a french mani for special occassions). The four I now have from M.A.C are:

Nightfall - Metallic Charcoal
Nocturnelle - Black
Dark Angel - Dark Purple
Spicemix - Metallic Burgundy

[QUOTE=Medusa;42413]I must admit I rooollly love the names of the OPI polishes. I kept the catalogue, here are my fave names.
Say them out loud with me…

Hey! Get in Lime!
Got a Date To-Knight!
Ladies & Magenta-men
Quarter of a Cent-Cherry
Skinny Dip’in in Lake Michg’n
Not so Bora Bora-ing Pink
Tijuana Dance?
Nice Colour eh?
Diheridoo you nails?
Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire!
I’m not really a Waitress
You’re such a Kabuki Queen
Dress to Empress
Holy Pink Pagoda!
A-Rose at Dawn…Broke by Noon
A True Ab-Original
Aphrodite’s Pink Nightie
You’re a Pisa Work
Suzi sells sushi by the seashore
Will you Mari-achi me?
O’Hare & Nails look Great!

and yes it is really a nail polish, a fawn colour called…
Who Comes up with the Names?[/QUOTE]

I love the names too M!! Whenever a new collection comes out, checking out the names is one of my favourite things to do! I have often wondered whose job it is to come up with the names. And what a job it would be to come up with the colours!! To gain inspiration from the colours of a country or region and then translate them to a cohesive collection - fun!

Just got my order from Kit today which included the new Havaianas polishes in Mango and Blush. They look awesome in the bottle - can’t wait to try them on. Very spring/summery colours.

Also, I was just browsing OPI’s website & they have released a small collection for Halloween 2007. Anyone daring enough?? http://www.opi.com/Halloween07.asp

[QUOTE=bluemelon;53099]Just got my order from Kit today which included the new Havaianas polishes in Mango and Blush. They look awesome in the bottle - can’t wait to try them on. Very spring/summery colours.

Also, I was just browsing OPI’s website & they have released a small collection for Halloween 2007. Anyone daring enough?? http://www.opi.com/Halloween07.asp[/QUOTE]

Now that is seriously cool!

‘Spooky Chic’ is a bit cool!

Glow in the dark - how fun! :chuckle:

[QUOTE=bluemelon;53099]Just got my order from Kit today which included the new Havaianas polishes in Mango and Blush. They look awesome in the bottle - can’t wait to try them on. Very spring/summery colours.

Also, I was just browsing OPI’s website & they have released a small collection for Halloween 2007. Anyone daring enough?? http://www.opi.com/Halloween07.asp[/QUOTE]

Great marketing! :clapping:

Love the glow-in-the-dark one!!! Halloween is soooo fun, I really wish we celebrated it here. If anyone ever gets the chance to be in the US during Halloween, do it! They go to a huge amount of trouble for it and it’s just excellent fun!

I know…I wish Halloween was bigger in Oz too!

That glow in the dark one did catch my eye also. I do have one polish which glows under certain lights - it’s a Christian Dior one that came out a few years ago. It’s a nude/beigey colour with gold glitter, and when I would go to a nightclub, certain lights would make my nails glow. I’m not sure if it still works - haven’t been clubbing for a while. It’s probably past its useby date lol!

I lost my OPI virginity today (yes I know, sacrilege for a beautyista that I have never owned one!!). It’s a bright orange called Nicole Alert - love it!

[QUOTE=Ozlicious;56286]I lost my OPI virginity today (yes I know, sacrilege for a beautyista that I have never owned one!!). It’s a bright orange called Nicole Alert - love it![/QUOTE]

I cannot believe that you’ve never bought OPI before!!