Latest Nail Polish Purchase

I bought Seche Vite fast-drying topcoat last week on TLOP’s recommendation (I believe that it’s one of her second-tier favourite topcoats). I like it - the big bottle was good value, and it did dry reasonably quickly (not freakishly quickly as Poshe, but it was safely dry in ten minutes). Its staying power is better than that of Poshe - my nail polish has remained unchipped for a good three days. The shine is nice too.

[QUOTE=Vanillaheart;417140]I bought Seche Vite fast-drying topcoat last week on TLOP’s recommendation (I believe that it’s one of her second-tier favourite topcoats). I like it - the big bottle was good value, and it did dry reasonably quickly (not freakishly quickly as Poshe, but it was safely dry in ten minutes). Its staying power is better than that of Poshe - my nail polish has remained unchipped for a good three days. The shine is nice too.[/QUOTE]

This sounds good. Where do you get it from?

[QUOTE=SeeandBee;417165]This sounds good. Where do you get it from?[/QUOTE]

I got it from a hair/beauty/nails wholesaler.

MECCA used to sell it. Does anyone know if they still do?

I bought Rimmel Grey Matter yesterday. It is superb!! Just a perfect dull dove grey, but still with a fair bit of shine. I have it on now, love it! It’s lighter than a lot of those slate greys which have been going around for a while.

Oooohh what is this? I’m a sucker for dove greys, I saw a gorgeous Ulta3 one in Shop or Cleo I think.
I must have this Rimmel you are talking about!

Kat the current Madison has one of those “Luxe to Less” features on grey nail polish and Rimmel Grey Matter is included (which I only noticed as I was reading it last night, after I’d bought the nail polish!).

Priceline currently has 20% off Rimmel so really, how can you go wrong?? I’m considering going back today because they had a really beautiful creme purple, and also a gorgeous indigo/violet.

Right, I’m on my way!!! lol Yeh my friend has the purple one, and seriously, I am in love! It is the perfect purple :heartbeat:

God I need rehab…

[QUOTE=Pixie;417213]MECCA used to sell it. Does anyone know if they still do?[/QUOTE]
I don’t think so but make a note because we may find it at Beauty Expo.
I’ll ask my SIL, she’s a nail tech trainer. Actually the top coat that she gave me is called Out The Door. Its a super fast drying (45 sec) clear top coat.

While a regular polish wearer in my old life, like my face, my nails are usually bare. I had time to kill recently and hit the massive Priceline in the mall. Picked up a Cutex Quick 'N Go polish in Tangerine Twister.

Now this had been sitting unopened in its ugly hang-sell packaging so I decided to rip it open on Tues and apply. Gorgeous bright orange/red that dries in 45 sec. I just put the Cutex nail whitener on underneath, applied two coats (they recommend one) and no top coat. Quite frankly I was only mucking around while watching telly half expecting to take it off in the morning. Looked fine…AND has lasted all this time without a single chip!!!

The only wear it shows is at the ends and I have been brutal…no gloves ever worn and this stuff is amazing! Really nifty “flash brush” too.

So…I am hoping to find some more at my local store. The price? $5.99!!!

Sounds good Luisa B. I want to take a bottle with me on my holiday but not sure which shade.

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;418947]While a regular polish wearer in my old life, like my face, my nails are usually bare. I had time to kill recently and hit the massive Priceline in the mall. Picked up a Cutex Quick 'N Go polish in Tangerine Twister.

Now this had been sitting unopened in its ugly hang-sell packaging so I decided to rip it open on Tues and apply. Gorgeous bright orange/red that dries in 45 sec. I just put the Cutex nail whitener on underneath, applied two coats (they recommend one) and no top coat. Quite frankly I was only mucking around while watching telly half expecting to take it off in the morning. Looked fine…AND has lasted all this time without a single chip!!!

The only wear it shows is at the ends and I have been brutal…no gloves ever worn and this stuff is amazing! Really nifty “flash brush” too.

So…I am hoping to find some more at my local store. The price? $5.99!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up LB,will have to hunt this one down:clapping:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;418947]While a regular polish wearer in my old life, like my face, my nails are usually bare. I had time to kill recently and hit the massive Priceline in the mall. Picked up a Cutex Quick 'N Go polish in Tangerine Twister.

So…I am hoping to find some more at my local store. The price? $5.99!!![/QUOTE]

I want I want I want :elephant:

[QUOTE=Sapphire;418979]Sounds good Luisa B. I want to take a bottle with me on my holiday but not sure which shade.[/QUOTE]

The TangerineTwister is nice and bright. I picked up Quick Set Coral today, a versatile cream. Also spotted a slightly frosty beige that would be a great everyday colour. :waving:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;419023]The TangerineTwister is nice and bright. I picked up Quick Set Coral today, a versatile cream. Also spotted a slightly frosty beige that would be a great everyday colour. :waving:[/QUOTE]

Thanks lovely. :kissing:

[QUOTE=Vanillaheart;417140]I bought Seche Vite fast-drying topcoat last week on TLOP’s recommendation (I believe that it’s one of her second-tier favourite topcoats). I like it - the big bottle was good value, and it did dry reasonably quickly (not freakishly quickly as Poshe, but it was safely dry in ten minutes). Its staying power is better than that of Poshe - my nail polish has remained unchipped for a good three days. The shine is nice too.[/QUOTE]

Second-tier indeed, this made me larf! I didn’t love SV because I got tip shrinkage with it, but honestly I change my polish every few days anyway so it wouldn’t stop me from purchasing again. So glad you love!

Medusa I have read about that out the door stuff but haven’t seen it here - I might investigate evilbay :detective:

TLOP!!!

Hai.

:kissing: :heartbeat:

Last week I got OPI - Who the Shrek are you, it’s a nice lime green :slight_smile:

Picked up a couple of cheapie TBN polishes at the chemist-Aubergine and Coral Coast.
The Aubergine is a rather gorgeous fuschia on:heartbeat: