LATISSE on my eyebrows

eyebrows
LATISSE on my eyebrows

Hey
Can I apply LATISSE on my eyebrows? My eyebrows are thin and light in colour. This article: http://www.thecentrefordermatology.com/blog/general-category/wish-thicker-longer-darker-lashes-latisse-may-product/ says it can make eyelashes thicker, longer and darker. So I was just wondering if it will work for my eyebrows?

I don’t think it would work, but I guess you could give it a try. Bimatoprost (the active ingredient in Latisse) works by pushing your hairs out of their resting phase into their growing phase. But you’d need to have sufficient follicles in your eyebrows in the first place, in order for it to work. It gives a nice effect on lashes because it helps them to grow longer. Whereas you don’t necessarily want longer brow hairs, but more brow hairs. That’s why I think it wouldn’t work. But why not give it a shot if you have it? How did you get it?

Disclaimer: FWIW Latisse is not on the market in Australia so a huuuuuuge disclaimer is needed here. It hasn’t undergone sufficient TGA testing as far as I know.

Also, if you’ve been prescribed the product I’m sure you already know this, but the major side effect is permanent eye colour changes (darkening) - and it’s usually only in one eye. It’s irreversible if it happens. Just FYI.