Make Up Courses

Make Up Courses

A friend just sent me this link asking if I would like to join her in doing the 1 day personal use course.
http://www.makeupglamour.com.au/makeup_courses_courses_short.aspx
Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

I like workshops & I like make up so it makes sense huh!

I have always wanted to do something like this because im sick of always doing the same look on myself!

Medusa is there a timetable for 2007?

Yes I think I saw it on the website.

Great idea M. I’ve been thinking seriously about doing either a workshop or short course. Feeling the need for something creative and fun outside work.

Darnit, if I only I was in Sydney! Make sure you report back. Will have to check out the Canberra options.

hmm wonder if there are any in brisvegas? might have to have a looksee! :typing:

Hey Chickybabes!!

Nattie B let me know if you find any !! Im in brissy too and would love to do something like that.

I’ve always been curious about doing a Napoleon make up diploma course!! But it seems soooo much money + the $1000 brush set and tools you need to buy.:shockedhair:

Has any one done this course?? Is it worth it??

Love to hear your feed back

Much Love
:typingb:
TBA

[QUOTE=The_Beauty_Addict;11480]Hey Chickybabes!!

Nattie B let me know if you find any !! Im in brissy too and would love to do something like that.

I’ve always been curious about doing a Napoleon make up diploma course!! But it seems soooo much money + the $1000 brush set and tools you need to buy.:shockedhair:

Love to hear your feed back

Much Love
TBA[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard from a lot of people that the Napoleon course is a waste of money. You only get one day to work on each thing and it isn’t revised later on, so if you don’t get the hang of something then too bad. A few girls said they even went and did other makeup courses after doing the Napoleon one because it just didn’t teach them enough, nor give them the proper qualifications needed for a career in makeup.

I’ve been looking at doing some short makeup courses . I’ve heard good recommendations about one called 3Arts which is in Sydney (http://www.makeupeffectscollege.com/index.html), but I think I’d prefer to find out more information on the one Medusa mentioned in the first post :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Daisy;15571]I’ve heard from a lot of people that the Napoleon course is a waste of money. You only get one day to work on each thing and it isn’t revised later on, so if you don’t get the hang of something then too bad. A few girls said they even went and did other makeup courses after doing the Napoleon one because it just didn’t teach them enough, nor give them the proper qualifications needed for a career in makeup.

I’ve been looking at doing some short makeup courses . I’ve heard good recommendations about one called 3Arts which is in Sydney (http://www.makeupeffectscollege.com/index.html), but I think I’d prefer to find out more information on the one Medusa mentioned in the first post :)[/QUOTE]

He must get by on ego…:whistle:

[QUOTE=Daisy;15571]I’ve heard from a lot of people that the Napoleon course is a waste of money. You only get one day to work on each thing and it isn’t revised later on, so if you don’t get the hang of something then too bad. A few girls said they even went and did other makeup courses after doing the Napoleon one because it just didn’t teach them enough, nor give them the proper qualifications needed for a career in makeup.

I’ve been looking at doing some short makeup courses . I’ve heard good recommendations about one called 3Arts which is in Sydney (http://www.makeupeffectscollege.com/index.html), but I think I’d prefer to find out more information on the one Medusa mentioned in the first post :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Daisy,

Are you talking about the full Diploma of Makeup Artistry?? or the 6 week cert course?? I have had a flatty who got some awesome work experience at Warner Bros film studio on the Gold Coast and also at the RAQ Fashion Awards (Brissy’s Fashion week awards). She made some priceless contacts which all said would have gladly employed her again. I guess it could go either way

I cant really justify almost $10,000 PLUS makeup brushes (at least another $400-500) AND supplies (all the primers, creams, AND a full hairdressers kit AS WELL) which of course you have to purchase from Napoleon (cant supply your own). A bit of a strategic marketing plan if you ask me… :rollthoseeyes:
Still love their make up tho. I’m happy to go and have my makeup done by those girls and buy products I needed to get anyways and have them teach me all their tricks for free (almost)!! :chuckle: :clapping:

Thanks heaps for the site Daisy. I will definitely have to check it out. :spin: I’m going to go along to their open day in May and see if it really is as dodgy as I’m guessing. :makeup:

Much Love
TBA

[QUOTE=The_Beauty_Addict;15598]Hey Daisy,

Are you talking about the full Diploma of Makeup Artistry?? or the 6 week cert course?? I have had a flatty who got some awesome work experience at Warner Bros film studio on the Gold Coast and also at the RAQ Fashion Awards (Brissy’s Fashion week awards). She made some priceless contacts which all said would have gladly employed her again. I guess it could go either way

I cant really justify almost $10,000 PLUS makeup brushes (at least another $400-500) AND supplies (all the primers, creams, AND a full hairdressers kit AS WELL) which of course you have to purchase from Napoleon (cant supply your own). A bit of a strategic marketing plan if you ask me… :rollthoseeyes:
Still love their make up tho. I’m happy to go and have my makeup done by those girls and buy products I needed to get anyways and have them teach me all their tricks for free (almost)!! :chuckle: :clapping:

Thanks heaps for the site Daisy. I will definitely have to check it out. :spin: I’m going to go along to their open day in May and see if it really is as dodgy as I’m guessing. :makeup:

Much Love
TBA[/QUOTE]

As far as I know some of the girls did the Certificate and some did the Diploma (most of them were from another well known Australian makeup forum - I also did a Google search and was surprised by how many websites also had the same information).
I guess like you say, it can go either way. My opinion is just based on the fact that I haven’t heard any good reports (apart from your friend’s) so I know I wouldn’t do the course. I think you’d be better off spending $10,000 on a different makeup course (after searching around on Google there are quite a few in Sydney that look tempting!). For that price you could do a much more in depth course and be taught all sorts of interesting makeup skills like period, aging, fantasy characters and how to make ‘movie monsters’ etc.

I haven’t used Napoleon makeup yet, but I’m really keen to try it! Awesome colour range, and really affordable - sounds good! :slight_smile:

Daisy Im right behind you on that one. I would rather take my $10,000 and invest it else where!! Like on Adore!! :spin: :chuckle: :glee:

I’ve also heard that the Napoleon Makeup School is not the greatest. My beauty therapist said that despite the fact that they use Napoleon products in the salon, they don’t like to employ makeup artists who have been trained only at Napoleon, apparently they have a very low skill and knowledge base…

I enquired about doing a Diploma of Beauty Therapy in Hobart at the beginning of the year. They were only too happy to accept me into their course after I paid them $10,000 up front and then signed a contract to say I would also pay additional costs for acrylic nails, brushes and a trip to Malaysia to do a cidesco accreditation certificate. I thought long and hard about it but decided I could have a little holiday and buy a new handbag out of that money (lucky I didnt do it as with my operation etc I would have had to withdraw from the course).

I also decided that after 6 amd a half years at uni there was no way I wanted to go through another year of intensive study. I was really only interested in makeup application and facials etc. I honestly don’t know if I would have the stomach to wax other peoples muffs etc lol

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Lucky you didnt do it PCC. They do CIDESCO examinations in Australia. :no: It think its wrong when people pray on other people and milk them for unneccisary poop. :saber: IT MAKES ME MAD!! :explode:

I’m interested in the Napoleon course and have heard both good and bad things about it. I called up the info line and they’re having an Open Day on May 5th so I might go along to that and make up my mind… I’m also interested in hearing other people’s recs though!

Hey all, Gorgeous Cosmetics Academy of make up its quite good.

www.gorgeouscosmetics.com.au or www.makeuptraining.com.au

[SIZE=“3”]I’ve made some comments relating to this in another thread in this section. I think you meant $1,000 rather than $10,000 though. :eek: Unless things have really gotten bad since I went there.

And yes, he does get by on ego and a very, very good marketing team. :chuckle:

Speaking of makeup courses, though, would be interested to read any comments regarding this mob http://www.makeuptraining.com.au/[/SIZE]