Makeup Store?

Makeup Store?

I have seen the brand Mekeup Store advertised in a few magazines etc. What is it? Has anyone tried anything from their range? Is it a good brand or not? I’m very curious to find out!

I havent come across that one and I read all the mags! Could you mean the Face Shop? They have one in the Jam Factory in South Yarra. Interesting range of Korean made make-up, skin care, body products and make-up accessories (sponges, brushes etc). Eyeshadows are not too bad, enormous screw top pots of great colours, not as blendable as the better brands but a great colour choice. Bought a cream eye/lip/ cheek thingy that made my eyes react! These stores are REALLY popular in Asia. Let me know if you have anymore info on Makeup Store.:slight_smile:

I think I might have seen it in an english magazine! Will investigate and report back!

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;482]I think I might have seen it in an english magazine! Will investigate and report back![/QUOTE]

Hey Miss Beauty Addict! You should subscribe to American Allure magazine. I have been reading it for well over ten years. If you subscribe direct it works out to about $3.50 an issue compared to $10.95 at newsagents. Check out www.allure.com (make sure you go through to international subscriptions).:slight_smile:

OMG, I am so onto that immedaitely! Thanks for the tip xo

Make Up Store Exists!

:slight_smile: OMG! Girls I have done some investigating about Make up store!!! Ok firstly it exists and there is apparently one here in Australia! There are stores all over the world with about 4 new stores opening monthly! All the stores in every country look the same! Go and check this site out http://www.makeupstore.se/auen/home.php

Totally off the track…hehe… but talking about stores you want in Australia…

Does anyone else wish there was a Zara in Australia??? I’m dying for one!!! I love that store!!

Do you mean Jemma Kidd (as in model Jodie Kidd’s) new range, The Makeup Store? Because the latest Shop til you Drop has a whole article on that…

[QUOTE=Sarah(staff);590]Totally off the track…hehe… but talking about stores you want in Australia…

Does anyone else wish there was a Zara in Australia??? I’m dying for one!!! I love that store!![/QUOTE]

Attended a conference recently where a chap from Leo Burnett Advertising was speaking. Zara is coming to Australia soon!!!:spin:

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;587]:slight_smile: OMG! Girls I have done some investigating about Make up store!!! Ok firstly it exists and there is apparently one here in Australia! There are stores all over the world with about 4 new stores opening monthly! All the stores in every country look the same! Go and check this site out http://www.makeupstore.se/auen/home.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just checked out website, it seems that they only stock their own products. I have seen editorial in some overseas mags come to think of it.

I am still hoping for the day that Sephora comes to Australia or at least that they start international shipping!

Louisa Brown!!! You have made my day!!! I can’t believe Zara is ocming to Australia…

When and when??? I can’t wait to hear… thankyou so much!!! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Sarah(staff);606]Louisa Brown!!! You have made my day!!! I can’t believe Zara is ocming to Australia…

When and when??? I can’t wait to hear… thankyou so much!!! :D[/QUOTE]

It had been a long two days at this conference. Advertising chap was the last speaker in a fairly empty room (everyone had left to prepare for the Bollywood ball later that evening) so I sat at the front. There I was flicking through notes, trying to stay awake and then he said the magic word… Zara! I sat bolt upright and must have caught his attention as he looked at me and said that they will be starting up in Australia soon.:smiley:

I love Sephora too! I became addicted to this Beauty Junkies Heaven when overseas earlier in the year. Maybe we should hold a Beauty Junkies convention sometime where we can all sit around in our pj’s and beg for Sephora to let us mailorder!:stuck_out_tongue:

I too love Sephora. I saw my first store in Paris and absolutly loved it!! So swish and stylish.

Oh, and thanks Louisa Brown for all the details! I messaged all my friends last night with the great news. Please keep me posted if you hear anything else. :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;610]I love Sephora too! I became addicted to this Beauty Junkies Heaven when overseas earlier in the year. Maybe we should hold a Beauty Junkies convention sometime where we can all sit around in our pj’s and beg for Sephora to let us mailorder!:p[/QUOTE]

Every few months I send a pleading email asking when they will consider shipping to Australia, each time I receive a stock-standard “not on our agenda” reply:( www.gloss.com is another site that still wont send to us!

Would be better if we actually had a store to play with all that gorgeous stuff. :spin:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;595]I am still hoping for the day that Sephora comes to Australia or at least that they start international shipping![/QUOTE]
Same here! Although I think my husband would put a poster up in there with my photo on it saying ‘Don’t sell to this girl’…

[QUOTE=CaffeineAddict;1041]Same here! Although I think my husband would put a poster up in there with my photo on it saying ‘Don’t sell to this girl’…[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha

sephora is great i agree!

cant you setup a US mailing account through special companies and get stuff shipped from there to australia? or am i just dreaming?

You can, they have strange websites like “ship to the states” etc that organise an American ‘mail box’ for you but I believe it is a very expensive exercise, as you pay for the service, the initial post and then their postage to you! Someone is making a lot of money out of this!

Ah yes! Understand now!

Maybe that’s why they dont ship directly to australia - they are probably in on it all :smiley: