My Latest Trick For Looking Wide Awake (Even When You're Not)

My Latest Trick For Looking Wide Awake (Even When You're Not)

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/my-latest-trick-for-looking-wide-awake-even-when-youre-not/

I can’t be the only one who’s struggling to get out of bed at the moment (thanks a lot, daylight savings). I usually don’t wear makeup to work, but in the last couple of weeks I’ve been reaching for my concealer to disguise the signs of tiredness under my eyes - but even that isn’t deterring the “you look tired” comments at this point.

And then, as I was browsing our site through cloudy eyes, something popped out at me. It was Estée Lauder’s new Eye Lighting Multi-Tasker. After reading that it promised brighter, wide-open eyes, I knew I had to give it a go.

What Is It?

- It's an innovative 3-in-1 compact tool designed to combat dull, tired eyes
  • Contains an eye-brightening pencil, illuminating powder & firm shadow brush

• The lightly shaded eyeliner pencil helps eyes appear bigger & brighter

• The illuminating powder has a sponge-tip for easy application

• The small, firm shadow blending brush helps you customise & blend out your look

• Each component works together to create wide-open, refreshed eyes

• To access the powder, twist open the middle of the pencil (it’s super compact)

• Available in two shades: Luminous Rose & Radiant Peach

• Luminous Rose has a white eyeliner & pink-toned highlighting powder

• Radiant Peach has a nude eyeliner & beige-toned highlighting powder

Buy here

Tamara is wearing shade Luminous Rose paired with a tiny bit of concealer under her eyes to erase any signs of tiredness

How To Use:

To open your eyes: Use the liner on the inner rim of your lower eyelid - this combats redness at the waterline which can make you look tired. Applying the highlighting powder to the inner corner of your eyes also has a brightening, eye-opening effect.

To lift your brow: For a lifted and defined brows, apply the liner under the arch of each brow and blend out. Apply the highlighting powder over your browbone for added lift and blend out softly with the brush.

To highlight: You can use the highlighting powder to illuminate around the eye area. Apply it from the browbone to the cheekbone, using a ‘C’ shape as a guideline, and gently blend out with your fingertip.

The Verdict:

I could go on and on about why this product is a must-have for tired mornings. I've been using shade Radiant Peach, and I didn't realise how much of a difference a nude liner could make to the appearance of my eyes. I particularly love the highlighting powder - the little sponge-tip makes it so easy to apply to the inner corners of my eyes. Anyway, enough about me, here's what others thought too:

★★★★★ An instant wake up call for your eyes! - Tamara

"I didn't know what to expect when trying this product for the first time, honestly I was wondering how much of a difference it could possibly make. But using this product in 01 Luminous Rose on my fair skin and blue eyes actually made an instant and remarkable difference! My eyes looked more open and brighter giving an immediate boost of freshness to my overall appearance. I love that this product can be used when you're going for a natural look but want to make your eyes look wider and more awake. This will be becoming a staple product for me for sure!"

★★★★★ Your Mondayitis pick-me-up - Vanessa

"I'm a massive fan of nude liners in the water line, however, I've never found one that stays all day and glides onto the water line. The Eye Lighting Multi-Tasker has been a life changer. It's long-lasting, glides across the waterline and is super pigmented. It instantly makes your eyes appear brighter, wider and it fools people into thinking you've had 8 hours of sleep!"

Buy Estée Lauder The Eye Lighting Multi-Tasker Here