New Megan Gale product - Tinted Zinc

New Megan Gale product - Tinted Zinc

The new Tinted Daywear has just arrived in store and is a moisturiser, SPF30+ sunscreen and sheer golden tint all in one.

Key features:
• No titanium dioxide
• No chemical sun filters – no OMC, OCS, Avobenzone, Oxybenzone or PABAs
• Ideal for skin that is sensitive to sunscreens with chemical filters
• Zinc oxide provides true broad spectrum protection – very high protection against UVA and UVB rays
• Suitable for all skin types, even oily/acne prone. Sheer golden tint is suitable for most skin tones.

Product listing is here:
http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/adorebeauty/viewitem.asp?idproduct=8499&ezsite=News10oct06&ezcamp=tinteddaywear

If you were a fan of the original or are looking for a sunscreen with the hot weather approaching then you might want to check it out.

Not a fan

I have to be honest and say I much prefer the Ultraceauticals Tinted Moisturiser. It’s also a SPF30+ but isn’t as thick and sticky as the Megan Gale one.

[QUOTE=Sarah(staff);25]I have to be honest and say I much prefer the Ultraceauticals Tinted Moisturiser. It’s also a SPF30+ but isn’t as thick and sticky as the Megan Gale one.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh but Sarah - it’s only thick when you first put it on! If you warm it up in your hands first and then let it sink in for a minute or two after applying it, it’s not thick or goopy at all.

The Megan Gale tinted is better for us pale-skins - I can get away with it if I am wearing a bit of fake tan on my neck and chest, whereas the Ultraceuticals tinted is altogether too dark for me.

I have tried the Megan Gale sunscreens before (not this new tinted one) and I have to agree it’s really quite thick. From memory it’s not oil-free is it?

Considering giving the Megan Gale one a go. Have tried the Dermalogica (too lightweight) and I would like to try the Laura Mercier one but I have used the Clarins Tinted Moisturiser for over 15 years and still keep going back to that one!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=locoroco;86]I have tried the Megan Gale sunscreens before (not this new tinted one) and I have to agree it’s really quite thick. From memory it’s not oil-free is it?[/QUOTE]
It has a very small amount of lanolin in it but the thick texture comes mainly from the zinc component - zinc is just thick :o but it doesn’t make the skin oily - in fact zinc has oil-regulating properties so it mattifies the skin if anything.

i had a bad day using Megan Gale invisible zinc once and i cant bring myself to use any of her products again…

plus being very pale means most tinted things that only come in one shade are too dark

new megan gale

I’m a huge fan of the original Megan Gale Invisible Zinc and I also have the Cheek and Lip Tint which I’ve had for two summers now and completely can’t survive without (seriously, I value it more than my foundation). I can’t wait to try this new tinted moisturiser but I can’t justify it quite yet- I have to use up my current one!

I too have been a big fan and big user of the invisible zinc in the past. With my pale skin I have to not get sun burnt, but I don’t want to end up with pimples everywhere from using sun cream each day. So far so good with Megan Gale and I have some of this new gear on order so hopefully it will be great too!

I used to use and love invisible zinc but since they changed the formula (I think they changed it) to something less thick/sticky I have stopped because it suddenly whitens my skin too much wheras it never used to. And I already have very fair skin so ususally I quite like pale creams. I recently tried the tinted one and I do like it but it is the tiniest bit too dark on my fair skin.

Is the Mggan Gale Invisible Zinc the same one that Elle McPherson is now the face of?? I’m confused - I’m pretty sure they are called the same thing. is: Invisible Zinc:redcheeks:

[QUOTE=JingleBells;210013]Is the Mggan Gale Invisible Zinc the same one that Elle McPherson is now the face of?? I’m confused - I’m pretty sure they are called the same thing. is: Invisible Zinc:redcheeks:[/QUOTE]

Yup same thing. The product used to be called “Megan Gale” when it first came out, but she’s not involved any more, so it’s now just “Invisible Zinc” with Elle Macpherson in the ads.

Ah I see ! I just bought some Joey Oil free moisturiser with SPF 15. It’s lovely to use. My beauty therapist recommended a Dermalogica one but it’s soooo expensive. This is just as good I think !

ive been using what i assume is the old batch of the MG invisible zinc and it seems to irritate my eyes…does this happen to anyone else?