New skin care regime for acne prone skin

New skin care regime for acne prone skin
0.0 0

I have an acne prone skin. I use ASAP clear complexion gel at night. Please suggest a cleanser and a moisturiser. Also, I read a lot about ordinary products. Which product would you recommend for acne prone skin – a lactic acid 5% and ha 2% or anything else? Please help.

#2 have you tried something like the Pixi Glow Peel pads? They have 20% glycolic acid so might be good to clear acne. I use these every couple of nights and it leaves my skin so smooth!

The other thing I’ve heard great things about which is more of an investment is the Clarisonic! Meant to be great for helping clear your skin.

Thanks a lot for your response. I shall try using the pixi glow pads.
Do u think the lactic acid serum from ‘the ordinary’ can help as well??

You’re welcome . Lactic acid is also great for acne breakouts so I’d say The Ordinary Lactic acid is worth a go… I think lactic acid is generally milder than Glycolic so it might be a good idea to start with the lactic and build towards the glycolic.

There are so many serums to choose from ‘The ordinary’. Not sure which s suitable for my skin.

From one acne sufferer to another, glycolic acid has helped me ALOT! Even reducing acne scarring.

@annettebisinella which glycolic products in particular have you been using?

Can u please suggest a specific product pls?

Also can u pls suggest me a gentle cleanser and a moisturiser?

Ok so this is my current full routine. I am an AlphaH junkie because that is what has worked for me. Friends and family have also been suing this after seeing results I have had.

AlphaH triple action cleanser. Removes all my makeup in 1 go!
AlphaH Liquid Gold
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Alternate Night;
AlphaH triple action cleanser.
Alpha-H Instant Facial
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Alpha-H Instant Facial
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream

Once per week before nightly routine:
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing + Perfecting Mask (20min)
Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba Oil was Purifying Clay Mask (20min)

Of course I didn’t buy all of these products in 1 go, because well :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:
I started with the night routine, used the wash and moisturizer in the morning, and worked my way up to serums and masks.

Now in saying this, I am going to wait for my liquid gold supply to run out, and I will be giving the
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution a go in its replace. The concentration of glycolic is slightly higher, and the price is much more wallet friendly at only $14.50
@christined has spoken very highly of the Pixie Pads, so I am going to give those a go too. These are even higher concentration glycolic again. Great for me because I travel alot!

I will also be changing up my alternate night routine and adding in;
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%,
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% and
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.
After some advice from ladies on this forum this is going to ramp up ability to reduce my acne scarring that I have left over
This will be a trial and error, happy to let you know how I go over next month or so.

#11 if you have some time on your hands, this chat is a really great read. Has alot of fabulous information on getting rid of acne scarring that we all had.
Feel free to add any of your questions on to it as well, or tag any of the staff members that helped us out from there in this one. They really know their stuff! :star_struck:

Wow thanks for the info. I thought of ordering retinoids 2% to start with

Will read through the topic

Thanks a lot

Yes you could go straight into Retnoid. Just take it nice and slow, as it can be quite strong for your skin. As you really should with any of these types of products.

Especially with Acne I have found, always follow the instructions. Over washing, over exfoliation caused me to have worse Acne. Once I took a step back and started following the correct regime, my skin really calmed down.

Best advice I can give is definitely decide what sounds like it suits you, and your budget, then stock to it for a good month. Dont give up. These things take time.
After 2 weeks, I noticed changes and after a month my skin really began to transform.

Any recommendations on cost effective and a good cleanser and moisturiser pls?

This is a 500ml pack, lasts over 6 months for me. I use it every day.

ASAP gentle cleansing gel is another favourite of peoples on this forum.

As well asDermalogica special cleansing gel. This is also a 500ml pump so is great value and should last you a while!

Would definitely try one of these.

Currently I am using sukin sensitive skin moisturiser but still find my skin tight.

Yes the Pixi Glow Peel Pads are very effective for the skin and they are not very expensive too. I use it twice or thrice a week and my skin glows. Wash your face and then use it. It will remove more dirt than your cleanser.

If you do a search for the ordinary you’ll find quite a few threads that might be helpful. That’s where I got so much great info. I just emailed Deciem (the company The Ordinary is from) to ask for the best routine for my skin. That might help too.

I’ve recently changed my routine and have noticed a massive improvement in the texture and the hydration in my skin. The product that I believe has been most effective is the Medik8 Blemish Control Pads - I don’t know how I lived before these pads. I’d highly recommend them!

@Vanessa_W do you use this as a regular treatment to avoid break outs? Or do you only use them when breakout occurs?