Night Time Must-Haves For A Sleepy Baby

Night Time Must-Haves For A Sleepy Baby
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/new-mums-night-time-must-haves-for-a-sleepy-baby/

Struggling with a newborn, stubborn sleeper or teething baby? I can only imagine how sleep deprived and frustrated you must be, and I’m sure you’re willing to try anything. The mums on the Adore Beauty team have banded together to offer their solutions.

Here are some of our most popular baby care products for encouraging your bub to doze off a little easier (and allow you to catch up on some much needed sleep, too!)

For Teething:

Weleda Baby Teething Powder

The average baby cuts their first tooth between six and nine months. To instantly soothe & relieve swelling, pain and red gums, give this powder a go.
  • The gentle ingredients helps to reduce swelling, pain & red gums

• It’s a soothing formula which contains equal parts chamomile root & conchae

• Addresses the irritability, discomfort & restlessness that accompanies teething

How To Use:

Give 1/4 level 5mL teaspoon of powder in a teaspoonful of warm water or breast milk, or it can be given straight to babies eating solids, 3 to 4 times daily throughout the period of teething. You can also apply directly to the gums for quick relief.

★★★★★ Amazing product has stopped my little boy being in so much pain - Rosy

“This product is amazing, my 4 month old boy has started the early onset of teething and has been in so much pain. After adding a small amount to his milk the results were near instant. Didn’t make him sick and certainly eases the pain for my little boy. I add a little bit to each bottle and I feel assured knowing it’s all natural and has been around for years. Will be getting more when this jar runs out”

Buy here

For Sleeping:

Badger Balm Night Night Balm

This formula has been specifically designed with children and babies in mind, featuring essential oils traditionally used to calm and relax (mums and dads can also use this aromatherapy aid for a good night's sleep!)
  • It’s a safe, natural, soothing bedtime balm

• Features calming Chamomile and Lavender to encourage sleep

• Great balm for relaxing pre-sleep massages on babies and young children

How To Use:

Rub a little bit of the balm onto temples, under the nose or anywhere that needs a little soothing, and let the balm work its magic. It’s free of artificial ingredients, fragrances and parabens.

★★★★★ I love the smell - Lindsay

"I love the smell of this stuff! I rub it on my son's chest & dab a little under his nose at night. He sleeps great when we use this."

Buy here

For Breast Feeding:

Weleda Organic Nursing Tea

This one's for the mums! Weleda's Organic Nursing Tea is an aid to help promote healthy lactation, support breast feeding and assist with digestion in both mum and bub.
  • It’s a soothing, nourishing proprietary tea blend of 100% organic herbs

• Ingredients have been traditionally used for lactation support to promote milk flow

• Can help to relive indigestion, colic and flatulence, bloating & fullness

How To Use:

This tea is pleasant tasting with an aromatic fragrance. Simply add 1 tea bag to a cup of boiling water and allow to infuse for a minute. You can drink up to 3 cups daily.

★★★★★ Supply booster - Melly

"Worth investing in! The lactation consultant suggested I try this tea. It has been nothing but amazing for me. It picked my supply up within hours. I drink three cups of the tea per day as recommended on the packet. I highly recommend this product if your milk supply is an issue."

Buy here

For Bath Time:

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Body Wash

Bath time is often a go-to method for encouraging sleepiness, so why not introduce Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Body Wash to your routine?
  • It’s a natural, tear-free formula gentle enough for daily use

• Contains coconut & sunflower oils, with enriching soy protein

• Creates a deeply nourishing cleanser that leaves baby’s hair and skin silky soft

How To Use:

Pour a few capfuls of natural shampoo into your hand, onto a wash cloth or directly into the bath. Wash baby’s wet skin and hair thoroughly before rinsing. Oh, and mums - Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Body Wash is also wonderful for washing makeup brushes!

★★★★★ Smells great and gentle for bub - Alison

“I was given this when my first baby was born and I love it. Its great that I only need one product head to toe. My babies always smell lovely after their bath (the fragrance lasts for days) and it leaves their skin so soft. I am a huge fan!”

Buy here

I hope these night-time aids can help you and your baby enjoy a more restful night's sleep! If you'd like to chat with other mums about products that work for you, or you'd like some suggestion on what other mum's are using, jump onto our forum here to join the conversation!

Shop Mum & Baby Here