[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;28774]Ylang Ylang is a good essential oil for oilier complexions. I have copied the following for your reference.
When mixing your own Oily skin remedies, there is a good selection of essential oils to choose from:
· Cedarwood - good for acne conditions and oily skin
· Clary Sage - aids excessive sebum (skins oil) production and helps reduce inflammation
· Geranium - balancing effect on sebaceous (oil) glands
· Lavender - powerful regenerative oil, antibiotic, antiseptic, and promote the prevention of scarring
· Sandalwood - a very soothing and strengthening oil, contains antiseptic properties to help control bacteria, is excellent for acne, and works to reduce excessive sebum production
· Tea Tree - powerful antibacterial and antiseptic, good for acne conditions
· Ylang Ylang - helps balance sebum secretion, good for toning excessively oily skin.
Other oils to blend with that are beneficial to oily skin are: bergamot, chamomile (for its anti-inflammatory properties), grapefruit (beneficial to congested skin), lemon, lemongrass, mandarin, petitgrain (good for oily hair too), and violet (will be more expensive, but good for oily skin).
Do remember that essential oils are extremely concentrated. Dilution should be 50/50 drops to mls. Eg, If you are using 50ml carrier oil, use no more than 25 drops (or mixture of drops). 10ml of carrier oil, 5 drops of essential oil. You get it![/QUOTE]
Thanks for this comprehensive list, LB - I had a small book on the uses of essential oils but became confused by all the options for oily skin!