Oil-Cleansing Your Hair: Everything You Need To Know

Oil-Cleansing Your Hair: Everything You Need To Know
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/oil-cleansing-hair-might-change-hair-routine-good/

Wait! Give me a chance to explain myself before you run away. I know, oil-cleansing your hair sounds like a disaster, but if you know anything about how oil can counteract oily skin, you might have a little more faith in me.

How Does Oil-Cleansing Work?

Using a cleansing oil shampoo helps to regulate the scalp's natural oil production, to reduce excess oiliness, leaving the hair feeling clean and nourished (with zero oily residue FYI). If you're familiar with using a facial oil or an oil cleanser for your skin, the theory is the same. A cleansing oil shampoo, like Shu Uemura's Gentle Radiance, cleanses the hair as your normal shampoo would, but without strong surfactants that can strip the hair of natural oils.

Why Would I Use A Cleansing Oil Shampoo?

I'm going to tell you a little more about Shu Uemura's Gentle Radiance Cleansing Oil Shampoo, because it's arguably one of the best in the market, according to all the rave reviews I've read.
  • Suitable for all hair types, particularly oily scalps

• Contains Onsen Ferment, known for its purification properties to cleanse & nourish

• Effectively removes impurities & build-up on the scalp without stripping the hair

• Hair is left feeling naturally radiant, soft and balanced

• Gives the hair addition volume & moisture

• This shampoo transforms into a rich foam so you still get a decent lather

• Leaves hair soft & shiny with a lightweight finish

• No oily residue is left behind in the hair

Buy here

A post shared by Shu Uemura Art of Hair USA (@shuartofhair) on Jul 17, 2017 at 4:53pm PDT

How To Use:

To use a cleansing oil shampoo, simply apply to wet hair, and gently massage into the scalp for 1-2 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. You can repeat for a deeper cleanse. You don’t need to use a regular shampoo afterwards, your cleansing oil shampoo will replace it.

Shu Uemura’s Gentle Radiance Cleansing Oil Shampoo is suitable for all hair types and can be used daily.

A post shared by SHU UEMURA ART OF HAIR AUS (@shuuemuraaustralia) on Jun 13, 2017 at 2:37am PDT

What's Everyone Saying About It?

★★★★★ Unique! - Melissa

"I was expecting this shampoo to leave my hair greasy (like a hot oil treatment), but it didn't at all. My hair was left as soft and as smooth as silk! Although the texture is oil-esque, it foams up well and really nourishes the scalp. It's not heavily scented, so would be good for people sensitive to such things. I highly recommend it for an out-of-the-ordinary, luxurious hair treatment!"

★★★★★ Amazing! - Jennifer

"I have fine hair that verges on frizzy. This shampoo adds volume and turned my frizz into waves. A really lovely product."

A post shared by SHU UEMURA ART OF HAIR AUS (@shuuemuraaustralia) on Jan 9, 2017 at 11:55pm PST

Blogger Approved ✓

"Oh the smell is DIVINE!!! I can’t describe it but it’s just wonderful. Doesn’t make my roots oily even though it is an oil-based shampoo. I have stopped my daily hair washing routine! I used to wash my hair daily; mostly because of work but now I am on maternity leave, I don’t have to – but also, the obsessive urge to wash my hair daily has dissipated thanks to this cleansing oil as my scalp does not feel itchy at all!

My hair which is usually dry at the ends with greasy roots is looking and feeling a lot better especially because this product is replenishing it with oils. It’s silicone and paraben free which means I don’t have to worry about silicone build up and my scalp is kept happy with continuous usage."

- Ling, The Best Beauty Blog

Shop The Cleansing Oil Collection Here

This sounds like a fantastic product. my hair is very fine. I must give it a try