Oil-free foundation on dry skin query

Oil-free foundation on dry skin query

I hope someone might be able to give me a pointer on this one …

I have just started using the bestest foundation I have ever found. It is perfectly light, perfect in coverage, perfect in every way for me. However, it is an “oil free” formula, and I have skin prone to dryness. Winter is a particularly bad season for my skin and dryness. I am concerned the oil free formula will be drying out my skin even more. I haven’t noticed anything but improvement since I’ve been using it - am I worrying needlessly perhaps?

No not at all. Oil free formulations, whether it be skin or makeup are designed not to aggrevate or add oil to already oilier skins. The also tend to have more staying power as there is less “slide” in these products.

Remember to use a moisturiser designed for your skin type rather than matching the oil free properties of your foundation and allow to absorb before applying. Everyone must use a moisturiser under a foundation (not necessary with some tinted moisturisers) as the colour pigments could be drying.

By the way, what’s the foundation?

iCat I have been using the Diorskin Pure Light skin sheer makeup for a few years. It is oil free and feels really light on my skin, however it gives a lovely coverage without that made up look.
LB is exactly right, as long as you prepare your skin approprately the oil free formula will enhance your look. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am pedantic about moisturising first, and letting in soak in for a bit. It’s a relief to know I’m not going to end up looking like a prune by the end of the year, just when I’ve found the perfect foundation! (God, it’s like shopping for jeans or a bra - one of the least attractive chores for a female!)

Luisa Brown, it’s an oil free liquid foundation by Nars. Oh so expensive (for me anyway) but well worth the investment.

Icat,
Clinique make a fabulous product called Moisture Surge. It is oil free but ever so hydrating. It can be applied [B]over or under foundation [/B]or can be used alone. I get dry on the cheeks and honestly this product is my secret weapon. It leaves my skin feeling so plump and hydrated. It’s also nothing like the usual Clinique skincare and really is a stand alone fabulous product. I would suggest checking it out especially during winter when your skin tends to be dryer.

It is like a pale pink gel and the Clinique consultants say it is just like a big drink of water for the skin. It absorbs so easily and I highly recommend this product. It costs around $53 for a 50ml tub!

Hey, must remember that one Pcc. I have never been a fan of the Clinique products but will grab some of this when the weather gets colder. Sounds like great value too. Will keep you posted.

Do get yourself some luisa. It really isn’t like any other Clinique skincare. I used to be a teenage Clinique Addict but then moved on to bigger and better things (well in my opinion anyway) but The Moisture Surge Gel is fabulous (now I don’t boast about a product if it is crap). I put in on or over everything. It is suitable for every skin type and I have put so many people onto this product and they have all become devotees!

Actually Luisa Don’t buy it I have a ton of 15ml sample pots will send you one!

Hey gals I won’t hear a word against Clinique!!!

Just kidding, whatever works for you :o

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;4667]Do get yourself some luisa. It really isn’t like any other Clinique skincare. I used to be a teenage Clinique Addict but then moved on to bigger and better things (well in my opinion anyway) but The Moisture Surge Gel is fabulous (now I don’t boast about a product if it is crap). I put in on or over everything. It is suitable for every skin type and I have put so many people onto this product and they have all become devotees!

Actually Luisa Don’t buy it I have a ton of 15ml sample pots will send you one![/QUOTE]

Thanks gorgeous, would love to give it a test-run! xo

[QUOTE=raspberryberet;4694]Hey gals I won’t hear a word against Clinique!!!

Just kidding, whatever works for you :o[/QUOTE]

Sorry raspberryberet! That’s what’s so great about this forum, heaps of valuable and personal info and recommendations - keep them coming xo

[QUOTE=raspberryberet;4694]Hey gals I won’t hear a word against Clinique!!!

Just kidding, whatever works for you :o[/QUOTE]

Hey RaspberryBeret,
Not against Clinique at all lol:D . In fact I have probably got every Clinique Product in the range, including all the new things lol! Any Clinique products you would like to discuss let me know. A good friend of mine is a Clinique Counter Manager so I get heaps of samples! My favourite Clinique Product is definitely Moisture Surge and I adore their Perfectly Real Foundation. I am not a fan of Cliniques 3 step program but I used it for over 5 years, however I have friends that swear by it. I guess it’s just am individual thing.

I guess when you have been around and used so many products it is sometimes fun to try other brands!

Yes, I definitely want to check out Moisture Surge, pcc raves on about this one. Also the new formulation eye shadows!

He he, you’re so right - I’m just being naughty :wink: