Ordinary help please!

Ordinary help please!
0.0 0

I’ve been trawling the forums and I’m loving what I’m reading about The Ordinary. Super keen to give it a try but even after all that reading I’m really lost on where I should start.

I’ve been using Rodan&Fields Reverse regimen for the past six months or so and at first I saw some really great results for my heavy chloasma (five babies and my face tells the tale!) but it kind of seemed to stop improving after a few months and I’m not keen on that kind of financial investment for not much result.

I’m 40 and want to be using products that will hopefully help address some of the pigmentation issues as well as have anti-aging benefits.

I’ve seen the suggested regimes on their site but with some products not available here I just got really confused.

Has anyone got a great routine happening with these products that they’d recommend for these kind of issues?

Thanks so much. And hi! :grin:

A quick search found this quite detailed routine, I’d suggest start simply and work your way up - this will help identify what’s working and if anything gives you any issues:

Dull/Uneven/Hyperpigmented Skin

Improving dull skin takes time and patience, but this routine should help the skin shed it’s hyperpigmented cells revealing a bright, clear, uniform skin tone.

Morning:

Cleanse

Eye Product
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution or Brightening Toner
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA and/or Niacinamide 10% + Zinc PCA 1%
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% (as a moisturizer and/or Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA if your skin is dry)
Sunscreen

Evening:

Double Cleanse

Eye Product
Brightening Toner
Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%
Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane or Retinol 1% in Squalane (on alternate night to the ATS 20% and R 3%+FA 3%).
100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil.
Extras: AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution or Lactic Acid 10% + HA as a weekly treatment.

I personally prefer this Vit C - as it just feels more cosmetically sophisticated I believe is the term…

Hey Kate!

I use the Retinoid 2% in Squalane and Niacinamide & Zinc (which helps with reducing pore size and acne, I do not use this in my eye area).

I am only using the 2% because this is my first bottle of the stuff, but if your skin is used to retinoids then I would recommend using the 5%. I love this product because, after 2 weeks of using it, it has cleared up a lot of my fine lines under my eyes (causes by my smile and acne pills), it has smoothed my skin by reducing texture, it moisturises AND I’ve seen a huge improvement in my skins pigmentation.

Please remember that retiniods and other products from The Ordinary have instructions and warnings. They will affect your skins sensitivity to UV rays, some products say to only use in the PM. Please wear sunscreen as this will also help turn back the aging clock.

I’d definitely recommend! :orange_heart:

Hey @lydiaa I’ve been super curious about the Niacinamide & Zinc. Hs it made a noticeable difference with your pores and acne? I’d mostly be wanting it to reduce pores and help with the occasional cystic pimple.

Hey Christine! It takes a few weeks to really start noticing a difference, however it does work! Another product that I recommend for shrinking pores is Neutrogena’s Pore Refining Toner. Also Benzac Acne cream can help with reducing inflammation with cystic acne (and it only takes 1-3 days to get rid of my ordinary pimples with no scarring).

Hope this is helpful :blush: