Our MUA's 5 Minute Makeup Routine For Summer

Our MUA's 5 Minute Makeup Routine For Summer
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/muas-5-minute-makeup-routine-summer/

Summer is all about minimal, fresh and youthful skin - with a dash of colour, of course (I’m a makeup artist, I can’t help myself).

During the warmer weather, you want a lightweight base that melts into your skin, instead of sliding off. We also want to avoid feathering lipstick, smudged mascara and stark foundation lines. So let’s get to work on creating a simple summer makeup routine.

Your Base:

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 30+

Keep your coverage light in the warmer months, as it'll wear better in heat and humidity than thicker, full coverage formulas. I recommend Bobbi Brown's BB Cream SPF 30+ as your go-to base this summer. And if you're still worried about your base sliding off, just mist over a setting spray.
  • It’s infused with nourishing ingredients to help brighten & balance your skin

• It’ll offer you a little more coverage than your tinted moisturiser

• Available in five shades so it’s suitable for a wide array of skin tones

• Great for summer as it has SPF 30 sun protection

Application:

To ensure your face stays flawless all day, prep your skin and apply your favourite primer before your BB cream. I usually recommend applying first with a brush, then really buffing the product into the skin with a damp blending sponge.

Buy here

Your Lips & Cheeks:

Benefit GoGo Tint

Multi-tasking products are ideal for summer - they cut time from your makeup routine and also save you space in your makeup bag. Benefit's new GoGo Tint is one of my new time-saving, multi-purpose must-haves.
  • GoGo Tint can be used as both a lip and cheek stain/tint

• The formula has fantastic longevity & won’t budge throughout the day

• You can build up your desired flush of pink simply by dabbing & blending

• It has a rich, cherry pink pigment which can be adjusted depending on application

Application:

This product looks like a nail polish at first glance - it has very similar packaging. I usually dab a tiny bit of colour with the wand directly onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it into the skin well with a brush or sponge. I’m a bit more generous on the lips, as I like the colour to be more obvious, so I apply a dash of product straight onto the lower lip and pucker together, dabbing with my fingertips as I go to disperse the product evenly.

Buy here

Your Brows:

Laura Mercier Brow Dimension Fiber Infused Colour Gel

Put your heavy brow powders and pencils away for now if you can - this season is about flaunting your natural brows, but with dimension. This fiber-gel is completely foolproof and takes just seconds to build up a feathery, fluffy brow.
  • It adds volume & creates density

• It’s a buildable formula which allows you to create fuller brows

• This tinted formula will set your brows for 12 hours

• Gives the brows colour while grooming unruly hairs

Application:

This product has a mascara-like wand, so all you have to do is brush it upwards through the brows. It’s super easy to build up dimension and colour - simply give the brows a few extra coats of product and voilà, full brows!

Buy here

Your Skin:

Lanolips 101 Ointment

There are so many reasons why this product has a five-star rating, I don’t even know where to start. It’s a necessity for your handbag and makeup kit, not only in summer but in any season. It’s a natural multi-purpose ointment that can be used for pretty much anything.

• It’s pure medical grade lanolin, which has hydrating & healing benefits

• Perfect for healing chapped lips & dry skin

• Can be used as a dewy light-catching highlighter

• It can also be used as a clear eye gloss

Application:

To use this product as a highlighter I recommend applying a tiny amount with your fingertips just above the cheekbones. The light catches beautifully on the area of the face, and this product gives the skin a healthy, dewy finish. As an eye gloss, simply use a shadow brush to apply a small amount over the whole mobile lid.

Buy here

Shop Makeup here