Overhaul Your Beauty Routine The Vegan Way

Overhaul Your Beauty Routine The Vegan Way
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/vegan-friendly-beauty-essentials/

It’s no secret that Melbourne is the vegan capital of Australia (I made that up, but I think it’s probably accurate), so I thought what better topic to cover than vegan-friendly beauty?

How Do I Know My Products Are Vegan-Friendly?

Vegan-friendly beauty products adhere to the same restrictions as a vegan diet; free of animal ingredients and by-products. While the range of vegan products has greatly expanded in recent years, if you've recently switched to veganism, you might still be scratching your head wondering where to start. So I approached some of our favourite vegan bloggers to get their insight on their personal vegan-friendly, cruelty-free beauty choices...

A post shared by Chelsey Johns (@likeavegan) on Apr 20, 2017 at 2:31pm PDT

Nicole Mitsigeorgis: @nourishbynicole

I went vegan mainly for health reasons, however, it didn’t take long until I learnt more about the ethical side of veganism and why it is so important for the sustainability of the planet. After getting my head around the diet side of things, I began to look into other areas of my life that may need to change. Among other things, this included the beauty products I was using daily.

I’ve tried and tested a lot of different products over the years, but would have to say that Sukin is one of my favourite brands. I currently use the Foaming Facial Cleanser, Revitalising Facial Scrub and Facial Moisturiser. As someone who prefers not to wear a lot of makeup, I love how these products leave my skin feeling smooth and soft, and looking clear and radiant! Using these products combined with consuming a healthy plant-based diet has left my skin looking the best it has in years!

A post shared by Nicole Mitsigeorgis // Vegan :herb: (@nourishbynicole) on May 31, 2017 at 6:01am PDT

Kimberly Nissen: @theplasticdiaries

Switching to veganism in 2013 was partly for health reasons, but that only facilitated further research into the use of animals in our everyday lives which prompted me to only use vegan and cruelty-free beauty as well. Things were very different in vegan beauty in 2013. The current range of vegan makeup, skincare and beauty products is diverse, and it's only getting bigger and better.

Designer Brands has been a longtime makeup favourite of mine. My top pick right now is their new Hydrating Luminous Foundation - absolutely divine for dry skin. I never travel without a bottle of Dr Bronner’s Castile Liquid Soap. It’s an all-purpose cleansing solution that I can use on my face, body and makeup brushes! Hylamide’s SubQ Anti-Age serum is also a great base serum for addressing many ageing concerns.

A post shared by Kimberly / The Plastic Diaries (@plasticdiaries) on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:44pm PDT

Chelsey Johns: @likeavegan

The choice to be vegan goes far beyond what you eat, which means it’s equally as important to consider your skincare and beauty products. When looking for vegan-friendly beauty, you want to first of all make sure the product is cruelty-free, but also free from animal ingredients such as beeswax, carmine or lanolin.

I love that Adore Beauty have taken the guesswork out of this process by popping all of their vegan-friendly products in one place. When it comes to premium vegan skincare, Aesop is my go-to (I love their Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm Tube) while a more affordable high-quality option is Sukin - I’m a huge fan of their Hydrating Facial Masque.

When I’m keen to splurge on vegan cosmetics, I can’t go past Inika’s Pure Primer which is a game changer, but I’m always impressed by the high quality, affordable products from Designer Brands (Extend A Brow is my fave product!)

A post shared by Chelsey Johns (@likeavegan) on Aug 5, 2017 at 5:35pm PDT

Shop Vegan Here