Pregnancy-Safe Skincare (That Actually Works)

Pregnancy-Safe Skincare (That Actually Works)

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/pregnancy-safe-skincare-that-actually-works/

Finding out you’re pregnant is often the cue to start a major freak-out. What can and can’t you eat? How on earth do you work out what pram to buy? Do you have to throw out all your skincare?

Many women decide to switch to organic products during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you decide to do the same, we have good news for you - you don’t have to compromise on results. There are a few buns in the oven here at Adore HQ, and our mamas-to-be are all loving Divine Woman.

Why Divine?

The Divine Woman range is certified organic, made from naturally derived and plant-based ingredients, cruelty-free, vegan-friendly and proudly Australian made. This range of skincare features highly active, antioxidant and nutrient-rich ingredients. You can customise your skincare routine to address concerns from ageing to acne; and while we always recommend you check with your doctor, The Divine Company promotes this range as safe to use throughout pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

Shop Divine Woman

Your Routine:

Since your skin is already dealing with a lot of changes, we just want to keep it happy and healthy with a consistent routine to maintain hydration and balance throughout your pregnancy.

Cleanse: Hydrating Cream Cleanser

With hormones possibly already wreaking havoc on your skin (I'm looking at you, hormonal acne), ensuring you're cleansing effectively can help avoid any added congestion and subsequent breakouts. You can alternate this cleanser with the Daily Renewal Lactic Gel Cleanser.
  • This cream cleanser gently dissolves makeup, dirt & oil from the skin’s surface

• The formula leaves the skin thoroughly cleansed while retaining hydration

• It’s rich in powerful antioxidants to fight free radicals & prevent premature ageing

• Contains soothing, calming & inflammatory Witch Hazel & Avocado Oil

★★★★★ Perfection - Ange

"This cleans deepy and thoroughly and rinses off easily and completely, leaving behind super clean, baby soft skin. It's actually a godsend to my combo skin and I no longer have trouble striking a balance between throughly cleansing the oily areas and not stripping the dry. On warmer days, I find I can even skip moisturiser after! No clogging or irritation. The scent is very uplifting. And the heavy glass bottle is a beautiful touch of luxury for your bathroom counter. Not just the best cream cleanser I have tried in a long time but best cleanser, period!"

Buy here

A post shared by The Divine Company (@thedivinecompany) on Feb 23, 2018 at 1:56am PST

Tone: Soothing Rose Toner

Toning is considered an important step in a traditional skincare routine, as balanced skin allows maximum absorption of skin-loving ingredients. Toning can also helps to retain moisture in the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
  • This refreshing mist works to balance the natural pH levels of the skin

• It can also be used as a refreshing mist throughout the day or to set makeup

• The Soothing Rose Toner is naturally calming & rich in protective antioxidants

• It deeply hydrates, cools the skin & acts as an anti-inflammatory

★★★★★ Great product! - Carly

"I use this toner before my moisturiser and it really helps to lock in moisture! Smells great too! Beautiful packaging, heavy weight glass, looks lovely in the bathroom. Highly recommend."

Buy here

A post shared by The Divine Company (@thedivinecompany) on Mar 25, 2018 at 2:15am PDT

Hydrate: Miracle Oil Serum + Collagen Enhacing Night Cream

Hydration is key, it doesn't matter whether you're pregnant or not. Pairing a serum and moisturiser often works well to combat ageing while ensuring the skin is hydrated at the same time, and these two work particularly well together.

Miracle Oil Serum:

- This serum accelerates skin repair & prevents premature ageing
  • Combines a potent dose of Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids & essential oils

• Provides a barrier to lock in nutrients & moisture for hydrated, soft skin

• Seabuckthorn & Chia Seed Oil reduce redness & inflammation

★★★★★ Nightly go-to serum - Louise

"I've been using this occasionally in the mornings, depending on how my skin feels when I wake up and if I need an extra glow boost, and every night under my night moisturiser. Unlike other oil serums, I haven't found that it makes my skin feel like it is building up extra oil in my pores or clogging my skin. It feels really nice and lightweight and I'd highly recommend this product, especially for those with dry/normal skin types, or anyone who enjoys an oil serum."

Buy here

A post shared by The Divine Company (@thedivinecompany) on Jan 2, 2017 at 3:31pm PST

Collagen Enhancing Night Cream:

- Improves your cell renewal cycle for firmer, rejuvenated skin
  • Supports collagen production to reduce fine lines & the appearance of wrinkles

• Vitamin C helps to lighten pigmentation & even out skin tone

• Multiple antioxidants fight free radicals & protect the skin

★★★★★ Love it - Sally

"I use this product as my daily moisturiser, it is thicker than the Day Cream and my skin loves the extra hydration during the day. My skin has never felt better, I've even had a few compliments on my new glow!"

Buy here

We recommend consulting your doctor prior to commencing any new skincare routines during pregnancy

Shop Divine Woman Here