Product advice needed please
0.0 0

Hi, I’m after some advice please.

I’m looking at incorporating:

• THE ORDINARY ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 5%
  • THE ORDINARY 100% PLANT-DERIVED SQUALANE
  • THE ORDINARY VITAMIN C SUSPENSION 23% + HA SPHERES 2%
  • HYLAMIDE PORE DELETE
    into my beauty routine but not sure how.

This is my current routine (it’s pretty excessive I know):

Morning routine:
Double cleanse with:

• Nuxe comforting cleansing milk with rose petals or L’occitane immortelle harvest milk makeup remover
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne
    Toner: L’occitane pivione sublime with peony extract perfecting toner
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Oil: Caudalie Premier cru elixir
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisteriser: Olay complete defense daily UV moisterising lotion SPF 30+
    Eye cream: Embryolisse radiant eye or Caudalie Resveratrol eye lifting balm and The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG

Evening routine - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
Before cleansing I spray my face with Avene thermal spring water, then
Double cleanse with:

• L’occitane immortelle harvest milk makeup remover or Caudalie gentle cleansing milk
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne
    Toner: L’occitane pivione sublime with peony extract perfecting toner or Caudalie grape water
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Then I mix a couple of drops of each of these:
  • Caudalie vinosource overnight recovery oil
  • Caudalie vine [activ] overnight detox oil
  • Caudalie Premier cru elixir
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisteriser: Caudalie resveratrol lift night infusion cream
    Eye cream: Caudalie Resveratrol eye lifting balm and The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG
    Some nights I’ll wear a cream mask on top of my moisteriser. I alternate between the Sephora sleeping mask creams or the GlamGlow thirstymud hydrating treatment mask.

Evening routine - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
Before cleansing I spray my face with Avene thermal spring water, then
Cleanse: Caudalie gentle cleansing milk
Treatment: Alpha H liquid gold
Eye cream: Caudalie Resveratrol eye lifting balm and The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG

Twice a week I try to exfoliate with Caudalie deep cleansing exfoliator, once a week I use Sephora mud mask purifying and mattifying, and on the weekend I like to use a sheet mask (when I get the chance).

Other products I occasionally use if I’m feeling lazy or need an extra boost:

• The Ordinary buffet
  • Sephora revitalizing booster - marked and tired skin
  • Sephora luminizing booster - dullness and irregularities
  • Trilogy certified organic rose hip oil
  • Caudalie beauty elixir
  • Kora Organics calming lavender mist
  • Embryolisse lait-creme concentrate moisturizer
  • Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment with avocado (it started stingy the eye area so I’ve stopped using it. Not sure if it’s the cream or using it after The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG that’s causing the issue)

I really want to try these products because of heard such great things. I’m in my early 40’s and have fair skin, dark hair, normal skin which can get dry in some areas and sensitive too, and just get hormonal acne every now and again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @anabeldipaolo!

Ok so I use a few of these. I’m not entirely sure how you would incorporate them into your other items you’re already using but I would perhaps suggest you give a few other items a rest while you try these. I’m not sure what mixing them all together does for the potency of what you’re using but you also won’t really know what’s working and what’s not if you’re using too many things at the same time.

Firstly the Alpha Lipoic Acid should only be used around twice a week because it’s quite strong. It can have a slight sulphuric smell to it and is also better used out of the sun so I definitely recommend you use it at night. I would perhaps try and cut down on all the other products you’re using in the evening on the nights you use the ALA. I feel like all the oils and moisturisers may dilute it or mess with it so I would keep things simple. They say you should always put the lightest serum on first and end with the thickest moisturiser/oil at the end.

I use the Squalane as more of a hydrater/moisturiser than anything really. I put it on in the mornings instead of a moisturiser on my face and sometimes even mix a couple of drops in with a moisturiser. I’m actually currently using the Squalane with 0.2% Retinol to try hit two birds with one stone and help fight fine lines.

I use the Vitamin C Suspension 23% to try and fade pigmentation and scarring. It can really be quite stingy and also has a gritty texture so is another one for the evening for sure! Because it’s quite strong this is another one you may need to start out with every 2nd night or so and slowly transition into every night. I currently only really dab it on the pigment spots I want to work on as I found it stung too much when I put it on my whole face.

Thanks. Great advice.
Maybe I need to keep going with the routine I have and when I run out of products look to introduce some of these new ones.
There are just so many good products out there.
I’ve just run out of my Nuxe cleanser and was looking at Dermalogica because I’ve always heard really good things. Maybe now it’s time to introduce a new cleanser. Just not sure which one …

Wow!
That is a lot of products & I wonder if you need them all. I am no expert but it would seem to me that they could be counteracting one another.
Maybe you should go with the basics and see how that works. Would save time and money!