Q&A with Carla Oates for 'The Beauty Chef'

thebeautychef
carlaoates
glow
innerbeauty
Q&A with Carla Oates for 'The Beauty Chef'
0.0 0

We’re thrilled to be welcoming Carla Oates, founder of The Beauty Chef for an Adore Beauty Q&A on Wednesday the 8th of November from 10am -12pm AEDT.

In 2012 Carla created her first Inner Beauty product: GLOW an ingestible powder based on Carla’s philosophy that beauty begins in the belly. Carla, through The Beauty Chef’s range of Inner Beauty Powders and Boosts has revolutionised how modern women approach their skincare regime, with their attention now firmly turned to fermentation and gut health. Empowered with the knowledge that what they consume directly affects how they look.

Carla is a naturalist who is passionate about nature and the profound synergy we share with it. Based in Sydney’s Bondi Beach, Carla has been researching, writing and teaching about organic beauty and health for the last fifteen years.

She believes that organic skincare and food is the most sustainable choice for the health of both the individual and the environment. An avid beauty chef and formulator, she has spent the last fifteen years, creating beauty products from foods in her kitchen and herbs from her garden. She has combined her knowledge and passion to create The Beauty Chef, the world’s first Living skincare range. Carla works with a dedicated team of chemists, naturopaths and nutritionists on her formulas that are based on her own unique recipes.

Carla has lead the inner beauty charge, with this passion taking what was once a small idea, from her Bondi kitchen to a global phenomenon.

You are all welcome to start leaving your questions for Carla from now until Wednesday the 8th of November. The 10 best questions as chosen by Carla will be winning a container of The Beauty Chef’s Glow - Inner Beauty Powder.

Carla Oates

Hi Carla!
Ive looked at your amazing products and would love your advice on what to start with?
I make a blueberry smoothie every morning with LSA, vegan protein powder and collagen powder. I avoid dairy and gluten, and my skin is ‘ok’ (im 36) but it does seem congested underneath the skin and dull. Would any of your products help with that, and which would you recommend i add to my smoothie?
Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with us :heart:

Hi Carla,

I have been using The Beauty Chef GLOW and Collagen Elixir for the last 6 months and have noticed a significant difference in my skin. My neck and lower face were covered in deep, cystic pimples. It was so bad that I didn’t want to leave the house (even to go to work some days). I was also constantly bloated. All that has changed since using your products. They have made a huge difference to my overall physical, emotional and mental health- Thank you!!!

I just wanted to ask if there is a link between an individuals stress levels/ anxiety and gut health? Are there any everyday foods found easily in the pantry (which work well with the products) that can assist when building your gut back up?

Thank you for answering this question in advance and creating such a beautiful line of products!!!

Hi Carla, I’ve never used powders before and just wanted some advice on where to start please. The past few years have been really stressful and not only has my body felt the brunt of it but so too has my skin. I’ve neglected myself over the years and want to start looking after myself better. Where do you suggest I start? Thanks so much.

Hi Carla, which products would you suggest to counteract all the indulgence of this time of year?

I think I take pretty good care of my skin but definitely get hormonal acne. I’m looking to break the cycle and get my inner health in check so that it’s reflected in my skin. I’ve actually been reading into your products lately and haven’t made the plunge yet. What would be your suggestion for where to start in your line of products?

Other than hormonal acne I’m worried that there are certain ingredients that are also causing it in my makeup. What would be your top few ingredients to look out for in makeup?

Thanks!
Hayley

Hi Carla!
I have recently returned from an overseas trip (Samoa & Fiji) and since returning have definitely noticed a difference in overall health and wellbeing which has definitely affected my skin. I have done a little research into gut health as I believe that may be the source and did ponder if your range of inner products would be suitable. If so, what would you recommend? I currently use your sleep product some nights but feel I need something daily.

Hi Carla, thank you for producing such a wonderful line of products. I have been using them all since they were first released and was wondering if you have more products in the pipline

Thanks
Rachel

Hi Carla,

I’ve just started using The Beauty Chef Cleanse, can you tell me what the difference is between this and Glow? How do the ingredients differ? And would you recommend Glow for acne prone skin?

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Hi Carla

I’m interested to know if your inner beauty powder is safe to take with all medications, for example, medications that control my insulin/blood sugar levels? It seems like a fantastic product with so many benefits, but I want to be sure.

Thanks for your time

Hi Carla, are there any plans to expand The Beauty Chef outer beauty range?

Hi, may I ask if there was a defining moment when you decided to research and produce a range for skin health from within? What was it that made you realise gut health was so pivotal to healthy skin?

Hi,

I’ve been trying to heal my skin (acne-prone, dull) by focusing on my inner health. I eat natural yoghurt / kimchi for probiotics and detox however my skin is the same as ever.

I would like to know if the probiotics present in the glow / cleanse inner beauty are enough to support the gut daily or should it only be a supplement in addition to other probiotics foods? And it seems the cleanse powder is targeted to congested skin but would glow be beneficial too?

Thanks!

Hi Carla!
I was wondering how long it takes before you start to see results with the glow powder (I would love to look radiant for my upcoming wedding)? I also have quite acneic skin, and am wondering if I could use it in conjunction with the cleanse powder - or if it’s better to just pick one?
Thanks heaps!

Hey Carla!
What is the best way to take the inner beauty powder… smoothie or water?
(I have congested skin :grin: )
Thanks!! :heart:

Hey Carla,
You’ve created wonderful products and a beautiful cookbook that focus on making sure we all glow from the inside, out. I love the Beauty Chef philosophy but when life gets busy, it sometimes feels easier to go with options that aren’t as good for your inner health. I find that when I’m feeling rundown or ill, it can be especially hard. What are your go-to ways to get your glow back when you’re not feeling 100?
Thanks so much for you advice!
Love your work
Xx Keely

Hi Carla,

I’m always into new ways to improve my skin and I have heard that probiotics are a great addition to a diet to help with skin. I’m just wondering if you can explain in simple terms how what happens in your stomach can help your face? I’m just really curious as to what the correlation is. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Carla.

I am one of your probably thousands of fans, I just love your products and have so far tried the collagen liquid formula and the glow inner powder, and not only do they taste delicious, making them easy to take each morning but they really do work for me. My skin tone and texture improved and my overall energy and stamina was better, plus the probiotics in each product helps the pain I have caused by my endometriosis.

So my question is, as I am looking to start up my own beauty based business, what is the number one tip you have for anyone wanting to start their own business, considering how risky it can be?

Hi Carla,

I find it so fascinating that healthy skin starts with the gut! I’m just wondering whether you would recommend any foods/diets that would assist the skin and gut health in taking the Inner Beauty Powders and Boosts? Also what role does probiotics and probiotics play in nourishing the skin?

Thanks!

Hi there Carla,
I am so intrigued by The Beauty Chef products! I would love to know which product is you must-have and why?
Thank you. :slight_smile: