Q&A With Chey Birch From BLACK CHICKEN REMEDIES Skin Care

Q&A With Chey Birch From BLACK CHICKEN REMEDIES Skin Care
0.0 0

Guys, I’m so excited for this Q&A and thrilled to welcome Chey Birch, Founder of Black Chicken Remedies Skin Care. Chey will be joining us to answer all your questions about Black Chicken on Tuesday The 13th of March.

Chey’s natural skin care journey began in Bondi, NSW in 2000. After years suffering with irritated skin and sinus issues a naturopath suggested that she take a good look at all the toxins she was unknowingly consuming. It wasn’t until she looked at her soaps, cleansers and scrubs that she realised the the extent of all the synthetic and borderline toxic ingredients she had been lathering on her skin.

On her dining room table, in a little bowl with a black chicken painted on it, Chey began blending essential oils and therapeutic botanical extracts to create a natural remedy for her condition. She had no idea at the time that what she was creating would benefit thousands of people; she was just hoping to help herself.

Chey didn’t spare anything when creating this nourishing blend, using the highest quality natural and organic ingredients she could find whilst maintaining her product as an oil – so as not to need to add any preservatives or binding agents. After a while her symptoms disappeared and friends began asking if she could bring ‘the Black Chicken’ to their homes.

The blend Chey created all those years ago is the Black Chicken Love Your Body Oil and it’s been unchanged since. That little bowl with a chicken painted on it was the beginning of Black Chicken Remedies. Black Chicken are now a global brand selling remedial products to people all over the world and helping people reconnect with their bodies.
Their approach is informed by ancient remedies that have been used for thousands of years by medicine men and women of different cultures. Within each of Black Chicken’s products are generations of therapeutic knowledge. They don’t make skincare with the intention to look, smell or feel good; it’s created to make a difference on a physical, mental and emotional level.

You are all welcome to start leaving your questions for Chey from now up until Tuesday, March 13th! The 10 best questions as chosen by Chey will be winning one of Black Chicken’s award winning Complexion Polishes.
*Please note prizes can only be sent out to Australian mailing addresses.

Hi Chey,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Black chicken remedies is renowned for their high quality and effective products made only from nature’s actives. I love how your brand is cruelty free and 100% natural!

Your black chicken remedies axilla deodorant paste has received cult status. My question is: what advice would you provide to someone who is looking to make the switch from mainstream deodorants or anti-perspirants to all natural versions?

Thank you,

Sneha :grinning:

Hi Chey
I’ve been using your Axilla deodorant paste and aside from smelling divine it has sparked my interest in product ingredients.
Hair care is something I had never contemplated. Not only am I apply it to my hair/scalp but I’m rinsing it off over my entire body :scream:
Your Dry Shampoo looks like a good starting point for me, along with Balm of Ages or your HairOm treatment, but do you have any shampoo/conditioner suggestions? Do you plan on releasing your own natural version or is there a product you use/recommend?

Hi Chey
I have always been very interested in the more natural products that can be used on my skin, especially now I am over 50. I find the natural ingredients penetrate more deeply into the skin and it reacts much more positively. Do you have a particular Black Chicken product that you could recommend to me for cleansing and hydration?

Hi Chey,

Many thanks for providing the opportunity to connect with you and learn more about your product.

As a physically active (and anxious person), I am prone to heavy sweating (notably the underarms) and often resort to ‘high strength’ or ‘clinical grade’ deodorants to curb the sweating and the odors which come with it. This often involves choosing a product with high concentrations of aluminum, antimicrobials, parabens and forms of carrier chemicals to make it easier to apply to the skin (silicones, cyclomethicone, PEG’s, hydrogenated caster oil etc). The effect of this however, leads to frequent instances of itchiness, redness, dehydration and sensitivity of my underarms when not sweating.

My question is - how, can and do your Black Chicken products address excessive sweating and odor in the same way a commercial deodorant/skin care product does? And if so, does it become a matter of time before your body (in my case, my underarms) responds to those natural ingredients in your products and re-calibrate itself after years of being dependent on commercial deodorants?

Many thanks,

Dear Chey

Do you have a natural remedy for facial pigmentation caused by IPL at all? I’ve tried many different products which are loaded with toxins and synthetic ingredients, but even these aren’t effective.

Thank you

Hi Chey,

I’ve been drawn to your face serum. But I have combination skin - only t zone, dry cheeks, occasional breakouts - and so I wasn’t sure if your serum is suitable for my skin. I’d be very interested to hear more about the serum formulation, the properties of ingredients, and how it works with different types of skin. As well as what results you get when using it!

Thank you. Fiona.

Hi Chey,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

I use and love your deodorant. The only thing I wish that was different is that I didn’t have to use my fingers to apply. Any chance you will be releasing a solid version of this deodorant?

Thank you!

Hi Chey,

I found it interesting reading about the link between the toxins and chemicals in skincare products and skin health. However, what about the ingredients found in everyday items such as cleaning products, foods and makeup? Could they be having an adverse affect on our complexions? Do you think we are unknowingly damaging our skin and fast-tracking aging and other skin disorders?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Chey
Thanks so much for the opportunity to ask questions. I have oily hair but at the same time I have dry flakes around the hair line I haven’t really been to a dermatologist for the condition, some chemist shampoos like Nizoral will work short-term and I’ve tried other natural shampoos like Moogoo but found it didn’t really cleanse my oils out fully. I’m wondering if the Hairom Treatment would be beneficial and rid my flakes for good! Or what other recommendations can you make? Also do you recommend washing oily hair EVERYDAY?
Kindest regards

Hi Chey
Congratulations on creating an all natural product range. I am unfamiliar with the black chicken range but am always on the hunt for natural skin products. For someone new to your products, what is your favourite from the range as a “must have” product. Thanks

Hi Chey, what a great name for a company it definitely grab’s your attention. I love stories about Australian women starting their own businesses, for what ever reasons. Yours is especially important because it started out about you and your needs! My daughter is at that stage where she is starting to get spots, but she also suffers asthma and skin irritations. I was wondering what products you have at Black Chicken that won’t be harsh on her skin but will hydrate and nourish her young skin. Also I find it needes to be a simple routine otherwise she isn’t very interested!!!
Thanks Jackie

Hello Chey,
Firstly what an honour to have this opportunity to possibly have our more“” difficult” questions answered in this open forum! It’s a huge accolade to have founded, grown and maintained your own unique BLACK CHICKEN business in the area of skin and body care competing against many of the large cosmetic houses ! This is such a huge achievement in today’s market, well done!:clap::clap:
I seem to have a cupboard full of half finished bottles of expensive skin care products…but still not receiving the results !! I am a 47 years old female whose fist conccern like many woman my age is to try and reduce fine lines and ageing! Also after just coming out of the Australian summer , I suffer from pigmentation coupled with congestion due to blocked pores from sunscreens and perspiration ( common area being of the jawline and chin). I am very keen to move away from all of the “harsh” products full of chemicals and look at a more “ keep it simple” range of holistic natural organic products such as BLACK CHICKEN, so as to get my skin care regime and highlighted problems addressed. What products would you suggest to use for my daily routine keeping in mind my areas of concern that will give me the results I want to achieve ?
I also suffer from psoriasis , again after living on pharmaceutical steroid based products , I have not managed to control this which appears on my scalp and then elbows and legs… would “ Love You Body Oil” have some success in treating/reducing some of the inflammation caused by this condition?
Warm Regards

Good morning Chey,
For me reading about entrepreneur’s such as yourself is always fascinating, when did you have the light bulb moment and realise that you could make an amazing company to take on all the other large commercial companies and make not only amazing products for you but for a lot of other women out there?
( by the way beautiful products and well done)

Hello Chey,
First of all I love your products and have been purchasing them since being released.

Do you have plans to make any new products eg roll on deodorant or different scents

Many Thanks,

Hi Chey,

Thank you for answering our questions!

Can you see your brand branching out into colour cosmetics in the future? And if so, what would be the first product on your list to create? :slight_smile:

Hi Chey,
I love the idea of simpler skin and Haircare products. Would you suggest them for children (10yo and 7yo) instead of commercial deodorant and skincare products, for kids who need a little something something?

Hi Chey!

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions on the Adore Beauty forum! :slight_smile:

I’ve been a user of your Axilla deodorant for a year now, and am looking to make the switch from mainstream face products to more natural products (like ones by Black Chicken!). As I have Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome, I am a sufferer of hormonal cystic acne. What products do you recommend from your range to combat the inflammation and redness from hormonal acne, while keeping the sensitive skin hydrated?

Hi Sneha,

Thanks so much for your question. Our advice to someone beginning the transition to natural deodorant would be to go for it! You can expect to experience a little more dampness as a natural deodorant is not an anti-perspirant - but you don’t want it to be. Sweating is an important function of the body as your sweat glands help control your body temperature and work tirelessly to expel harmful toxins from your body through perspiration.

But with Axilla Deodorant Paste you can certainly still expect to feel and smell fresh all day! We also have Axilla Barrier Booster for sensitive skin, so if you experience sensitivity perhaps start with that one.

Chey x

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your question, we don’t currently have a shampoo and conditioner but have looked into it and will continue to. However, we won’t release a shampoo and conditioner until we can create a completely pure and 100% natural formula.

Chey x